IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Server Rollback

IIRC the only things I will lose is 1 day of Sengoku where I lagged out halfway through anyway and some event quests I did on mules.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Huh?
    It was extended "through the end of the day on the 11th", which means end of day Wednesday. Two days from now.

And I think they then extended it another day because of the 25 hour patch maintenance.
    Either way, it's definitely not supposed to go away tonight.

4. Default Re: Server Rollback

I passed that bonus pot scroll from attendance this morning, I bet I'll fail that later when game up.

5. Default Re: Server Rollback

I knew something was wrong, no different to losing the whole of Monday night. Oh well... I just hope it's back up after work though :(

6. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

If by compensation you mean getting any money/nx they spent during that time, sure.
    Seeing as they're rolling back to 8pm Sunday night, that leaves about a 15 hour window; if you were doing anything such as cubing/sengokuing/training/etc around that time and expect some form of compensation for that time lost, then no. You'd have to be pretty retarded to be oblivious to what was going on in the game at that time (especially if you're a seasoned player and know there will be an incoming USM that could result in long downtimes and/or rollbacks).

I do agree with you on these points, I just think the community sounds like whiny children begging to be compensated.

7. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Ah i didnt know that. Guess i have another day.

Also are we going to have a daily sc this week? The game has been down for a while now. Might as well do a maintenance

How is anyone suppose to know on a sunday night that dupe was going on? I came home from work at 11:30 pm and maple was dead. Their was no one smega their super items i went in the fm and it was the same old. How from those flags is anyone able to figure out that duping was going on? The 16 star items? I saw those since friday. The damage has already been done way before it became public.

Also not everyone is looking at maple hacks site for public releases or friends with dupers.

8. Default Re: Server Rollback

So glad I stayed up for 8 hours to gain the last 6% I needed to level last night.

Oh well, I still think this is the best idea given the circumstances. The long term effects this would have on the economy would be disastrous.

9. Default Re: Server Rollback

Not everyone visits the FM or has a circle of friends to stay up to date on the absolute latest news in the game. If you were doing anything important during that timeframe as a veteran, then I agree: you have no right to complain. If you're a casual player who just logs on to have some fun, then a rollback could be quite a surprise.

I personally didn't hear about the news until I logged on last night to train one of my mules.

Basically, not everyone lurks on Maplestory forums 24/7, not everyone browses the FM frequently enough to notice these movements, and not everyone has a large enough in-game network to hear about these things until things may very well be too late.

10. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Well this is honestly better than Nexon doing nothing and letting the hackers rampage freely.

11. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

I find it hard to believe that Windia is dead, even at that time of night.
    You don't need to be friends with dupers to know something is going on. Plenty of talk in my buddylist saying things such as 'why the pineapple are these items so cheap'.
    Same goes for searching on "hack sites"- I don't peruse those forums regularly...however it's probably wise to check on Southperry or whatever your forum of choice would be.

Maybe I'm just a peach, but you snooze, you lose. Not my problem that you were unaware of the issue.

12. Neon Atom
    IGN: Godtastik
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero / CM
    Guild: Articulate
    Alliance: Notorious

I can't say I'm happy, but given the situation RB is needed.

I hope they give us 2 days worth of attendance stamps (Sunday and Monday).

13. Default Re: Server Rollback

... I just want to play, open the game already.
    Why does this has to happen on my day off? :'(

14. Default Re: Server Rollback

Last time they rollbacked, they broke the rankings for months...

I hope they don't break the rankings again...

15. Default Re: Server Rollback

I didn't even see any Smegas about anything remotely suspicious, since my Sunday night/Monday Morning was spent crafting to get my Alchemy up to Meister, and training in the Evo Lab with my NL (180-181) and WH (121-125). So any dupe comments that might have popped up, would have been quickly pushed up from all of the in-game messages.

Really, the only thing that I am actually sad about losing is the 19% HP Rex's Earring that I managed to cube from just one of those Red Shop's cubes... No way I will get that lucky again.

16. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Well this applied to Scania but there was a person smegaing their FM "S> _______ for 10 mil" and etc every few seconds. Not sure if other worlds had the same so I can't really say much.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

I don't expect compensation (though I do predict Nexon will give out some kind of 2x or gifts to make people forget), but since Monday seems to be wiped out of Maple existence, all its dailies need to either be given freely or the relevant events extended.
    This means at the very least attendance stamps and Sengoku daily pass. The 20 RED coins one could get from Frozen R's would be nice too.

Will the rollback cure anything? Well, it will cut down somewhat on the chaos and make sure any items duped or used in the last frenzied hours of the public hack will be undone. As for the items created in the days or months before that... hopefully Nexon will manage to track at least some down. And, let's face it, if the hack has been going on for months and we didn't notice an effect on the economy that couldn't be attributed to various events, then I guess it's not as disastrous as all that. Yes, it galls that hackers and their cronies have perfect gear and made or will make lots of $$, but that has always been so. Compete with other legits, if you must compete at all.

18. Euro Minicar Straight Male
    IGN: ZekkenAdele
    Level: 246
    Job: Adele
    Guild: DarkLily
    Alliance: Arcane
    Farm: HarvestxMoon
    usa

well I just checked my transaction history, got back my NX credit I used so I don't really mind a rollback unless attendance event gets pineappleed up

19. Default Re: Server Rollback

I think this might've been specific to Broa. I went to bed at around 5AM PST (yeah I'm a nightowl) and I didn't see any massive deflation on prices before I went to bed (I used a couple of those free owls, looked specifically for Rank A All Stat nebs, Boss Nebs and no-boom AEEs).

Servers went down at around 10-11AM PST, so it's kind of disheartening that they're rolling back this far.