1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Did they redo the HP formula for some classes?

I know it's rather silly to complain about extra survivability, but I'm trying to find out where are my characters getting all this free hit points out of nowhere.

For example, I know my Bucc had about 18.9k HP or so when he hit 200. When I went on him yesterday, he had absolutely no upgrades or anything, but his HP jumped from ~18.9k to around 23.4k HP. The only real changes I know that happened was that I added the 15% HP Hyper Skill, and had an extra character card deck for +700 HP. Still don't know where the rest of the HP came from (If I did it right the 3rd card deck plus the Hyper Skill should've raised my HP to ~22.8k HP. Still ~600 HP not adding up.

Did they redo the HP formula for some of the classes or something? Or am I not mathing right? Did I miscalculate just how much more HP +700 HP and +15% HP really gives?

2. Default Re: Did they redo the HP formula for some classes?

I think they might've retroactively added the HP/MP from your HP/MP passives from 1st/2nd job (depends on class). I'm talking about how the new MP Up thing gives 120 MP per level instead of gaining MP at (flat rate + INTx0.1). My I/L gained 24k MP after Red so yeah (68k-92k)... It was level 200 at this point, so it would make sense too (120x200 = 24000).

I am going to miss getting like 500+ MP per level though :(

3. Default Re: Did they redo the HP formula for some classes?

Yeah, that skill's just a big MP bonus instead of adding to your base MP, I think. Nice cause if you screw up 1st job you can fix it.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Did they redo the HP formula for some classes?

Amused how I didn't even notice the MP change. I gained roughly 3k MP on my Bucc, from ~6.5k to 9.3k without doing anything other than the Hyper MP skill. Even then that's extremely small. Free MP, whee!

Now I really feel like looking for a before and after kind of thing. I'm sure my Mech didn't gained any additional MP, but my Blade Master gained ~1k extra MP. Oh the screenshot searching that I will do. All my warriors I felt gained a crapton of MP as well.

5. Default Re: Did they redo the HP formula for some classes?

I gained close to 20k MP on my pre-BB Bishop, so it was a welcome change. Not too sure about HP values though.

6. Default Re: Did they redo the HP formula for some classes?

I tricked my brother when he started his bishop to max his attack skills first instead of the max mp skill so his mp finally got fixed lol.

7. Default Re: Did they redo the HP formula for some classes?

Funny enough, I actually lost 7k HP on my DrK.