Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Well, for now I won't be leveling my characters anymore in fear of rollback. I was playing and leveling quite a bit when they did that rollback by a whole week, and I'd rather like to avoid having to redo all that time spent. Obligatory log-on and do a few random things incase there is one, though.

2. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Except that there were lots of people who didn't drop the chaos scrolls and never got punished. Eventually I think they deleted most of the stacks though. Was that the 6th anniversary coin exploit with 20% pinks too? Look what happened with them, there's still hundreds of them and they never got very expensive.

oh ya everyone log on your accounts for maximum compensation later

3. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

I suppose :s must be wishful thinking then. Either way I'm interested in how this turns out even though I never enter the fm or upgrade my gear at all anymore.

4. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Why, to let people use up those items (to create godly equips that will later be sold for real-world money, no doubt) or hide them?
    The game should have been shut down the instant this thing was verified, even though that was too late already (the packet going public means whoever used it in private is content with what they've accomplished with it - and feel safe from retribution, too).

5. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Well in a perfect world anyone who used those scrolls would also get decked. Sorry I left that out in my original post I thought it was implied >.>

6. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

I imagine any of the items already used (no boom AEEs used to perfect Tyrants/Fafnirs, Nebulites bolted to items, etc) are going to be ignored.

RED had been going almost too well for a few days..

7. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

There is no other way besides a Rollback to solve this.

8. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

How would they determine how far to roll back though? This exploit has been going on for weeks before it was made public. Sure a lot more items were created recently, but there will still be thousands that go unnoticed if they only roll back the past 48 hours or so.

9. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Ikr....I was just saying to myself man this Red update is going great, hope nothing happens....jinxed it.

10. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Well it's always been like that.
    Dupe never gets patched.
    There are always a select few people who do it.
    But right now, everyone does it. So yea..
    I don't see any other possibilities?

11. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Some people are duping superior gollux pendants....
    ...oh god....

12. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Scania filled with 1-5m Legendary LGR's, Gollux, No Boom AEE, AllStat/Boss/Pdr/Crit nebs,tyrants...

13. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Lolz, I should have known something was up when I managed to get an FM1 spot near the door.

14. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Nexon's decision this week will be the deciding factor whether I stay on this game or not. It's pretty sad to see my efforts put into my equips basically outshined by any people with 1b mesos.

15. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Their complete lack of ANY sort of action is only making things worse by the second... at this point I believe a rollback is the only choice... There goes the 10th star on my tyrant shoe and over 120 coins' worth of dailies. Also did a few more gollux prequests on mules that will now be lost. God damnit.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

*sigh*
    Now I need to decide: to do attenance and Sengoku or not?
    If I do they'll likely get rolled back.
    If I don't, then there will not be a rollback, and there will be a long maintenance that will not enable me to play 'til tomorrow.

So I guess I'll do it anyway. Not going to be grinding my ring mule tho, that's just plain masochism.

17. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

I will personally make a video of deleting my account with everything on it if this happens.
    If they decide not to rollback then they will have killed what is left of MapleStory.

18. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

Does this mean i shouldn't log in to do my Attendance and Belt events? :o

Don't think i've been playing before when the past exploits have happened.

19. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

To be fair, how long has it been since something like this has happened? Nexon are leaps and bounds better now than they used to be. These exploits were being released every other week last year/year before.

They may not be perfect, but you can't deny that they've improved. It's also like, what, 4am PST? They'll do something about it in a few hours. A few hundred more dupes from now until then isn't going to affect anything since they'll remove/block everything* anyway.

*most things+

+hopefully

20. Default Re: Should I be closing shops?

This remindso of how worthless everything I own in this game actually is lmao.
    Spending 100's of hours just to get some decent range while hackers just dupe what they want and are done within seconds.

Nexon was doing so well...
    Too bad hackers gotta ruin everything again...