Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dota 2 Updates

1. Default Dota 2 Updates

This weeks update:

CyborgMatt's blog: http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/07/dota-2-26th-july/
    Last edited by Malthe; 2013-11-22 at 02:28 AM.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: GatlingPunch
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 200
    Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

I'm going to miss Earthshaker's older calm look. He now looks like he just lost his home.

3. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

the problems with matchmaking were kinda annoying; I'm pretty glad they're fixed now. most of the time both teams would have one or two players that just clearly didn't belong in the match and one or two players who were clearly much better than all the others.

4. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

Full list of new chat-wheel commands:
    Spoiler

I am personally very pleased with this patch.
    Enjoying the remake of ES overall and the fixes to matchmaking are a god-send. I had a period of time where i got matched into some really really one-sided matches. Doto should be more fun to play now.

Also the new chat wheel commands synergize really well with the new mute system IMO. Now people have access to all the useful commands even while muted.
    It probably still needs some polishing, oh well.
    Maybe valve could make it so you can type out part of a sentence if you're muted, and if that sentence is a recognized one it'll take a standard one from this system and put it into the chat. Would help with the limit of how many of these you can bind and removes the problem of remembering what key you bound exactly what to if it's one you usually don't use much.
    Last edited by Malthe; 2013-07-18 at 03:29 AM.

5. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

Isn't "Game is hard" one of the new chat wheel responses? That one's my favorite.

6. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

The changes to match making are nice, hopefully my 2-7am games go better now.

7. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

It is.
    Not sure how i missed it, added it to the list now. Along with some more that i missed.
    But yea Game is hard and I immediately regret my decision are my favourites.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon

"I immediately regret my decision"

This keybind is probably going to wear out first.

Also, doesn't it seem awfully familiar? Like a certain... blinking and slamming video?

9. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

Skip to 2 minutes and 25 seconds

I am nearly 100% certain valve took it from the video. They keep tabs on what the community is up to and IIRC they even have a room at their offices with a projector for watching doto.

10. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

"I immediately regret this decision" is a quote from Anchorman, the Anti-Mage video was most likely referencing that.

11. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

I'll also use this thread for valve blog posts that seem to be interesting/have some neat information.
    The International Compendium Evolves

Blog post: http://blog.dota2.com/2013/07/the-in...ndium-evolves/

Current TI3 pricepool: 2,571,945 USD

12. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

The 45 second penalty isn't enough because it isn't stopping people from declining queues. The one I had to afk and heard the "Game is ready" sound I was careless, because I knew that by the time I could go back to the pc 45 seconds should've passed. Long queues are fine, but waiting 15-20minutes because people keep cancelling pisses me off. Especially when average waiting time is 3minutes.

The second part troubles me. Unless I'm partying with some of you, I'm no longer matched with and/or against people who are clearly WAY better than me, which is good. On the other hand, I feel that when playing alone I'm queued with clueless people more often which I don't like at all. I've noticed it's always 1 guy that is completely clueless and messes up in ways that aren't usual. I can tell the other team also has someone like that and that's still unbalanced matchmaking.

13. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    IGN: Triggernometry
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

As of July 26 2013
    Oh, Nevermind
    UI
    - Made hero loadout model preview bigger in the main menu.
    - Added practice lobby button to swap Radiant and Dire teams.
    - Limited number of selectable matchmaking regions to six.
    - New users are able to watch live games before completing the tutorials.
    - Wins and level are now hidden for players that aren't friends and don't have 'Share Match History' in the options enabled
    - Fixed keybindings not being saved properly for Xbox controllers
    - Added Dire courier icons to minimap for Spectators
    - Fixed a crash when selecting all units while spectating
    - Fixed dota_embers convar value being forgotten when the game is restarted
    - Spectators can select wards to see their vision or truesight radius.
    - Added Xbox controller support for Dota TV
    Left / right bumper = Cycle back or forward through the heroes on the field
    Start button = Pause (Replay only)
    Back button = Rewind (Replay only)
    D-Pad up / down = Cycle through stats dropdown menu
    D-Pad left / right = Slow down or speed up replay speed
    Y button = Show gold graph
    X button = Show XP graph
    B button = Dismiss open graphs, reset playback speed, revert camera to previous mode (after cycling heroes)

MATCHMAKING
    - Reduced average wait time and reduced incidence of extremely long wait times

INTERNATIONAL COMPENDIUM
    - Added further explanation of International Fantasy Challenge rules.
    - Exposed the roles of players in International Fantasy Challenge Bench slots.
    - Completing the creation of an International Fantasy Challenge team now grants you the Mammoth mount for your Smeevil.
    - Completing all the Main Event Predictions now grants you the Bird mount for your Smeevil.

MAC/LINUX
    - Made the chat wheel work
    - Added intro movie for new users, fixed black screen displaying for new users
    - Fixed bugs with some tooltips missing text on what abilities do
    - Fixed outline color of target units to match what Windows shows
    - Fixed some rendering issues
    - Fixed some crashes
    - A variety of performance improvements
    - Fixes to audio (silence, crashes)
    - Mac: More robust mouse grab
    - Mac: Allow setting "Unit Speech" to "All" in audio settings.
    - Linux: Fixed hang when pasting from the clipboard under certain conditions

AUDIO
    - Fixed some issues with base attack sound modifier (e.g. Tiny's Scepter attacks)
    - Adjusted limits on Chen ult target sounds

GAMEPLAY
    - Tusk: Fixed minor inaccuracies with his Base Strength, Attack Animation and Turn Rate
    - Meepo: Fixed Geostrike not affecting units like Spirit Bear
    - Morphling: Fixed being the Replicate illusion buff icon being visible to enemy players
    - Morphling: Fixed being unable to control the first Juxtapose illusion created by your Phantom Lancer Replicate
    - Shadow Demon: Fixed Demonic Purge killing summoned units like Warlock's Golem
    - Shadow Demon: Fixed Shadow Poison damage release not having a cast point
    - Fixed a minor inaccuracy with Meepo and Ogre Magi's base armor

14. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

I wonder what's the reason for the first one.
    The second one I kinda like, the problem is I almost never have extremely long wait times but rather a lot of canceled match is ready messages and that's what makes my queues take forever. It's like plenty canceled matches every 3-4minutes. If it stays that way it's going to be more annoying and frustrating to get the message more often but have people cancel it just as often.

15. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male
    Server: Supports
    Job: TeamSecret
    Guild: BigDaddy<3

Um, probably to stop the harrasment and prejudices BEFORE the match even starts.
    I've joined several matches wheter I or anyone else with >10 wins gets harrased.

16. Default Re: Dota 2 Updates

http://www.cyborgmatt.com/2013/07/dota-2-26th-july/
    Cyborgmatt's blog is finally out and i don't know why anyone was expecting a new hero with TI3 a week away.

17. Orbital Bee Cannon

KUNKKA'S HAT IS A BIRD.

That is all.

18. Monster Truck Tire Straight Male