1. Default Job changing with UA skills?

Just wondering if anything happens to these skills upon changing job? I did the whole quest chain for Vampire and I don't wanna switch jobs if it means I'll lose it.

2. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

Well, if you don't get an answer by the time the patch comes up, and I'm around, I can switch my DB to something to test, I only got Vampire to like, 3 anymore, and I don't even play it anymore.

3. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

If no one knows for sure i'll test it on my spare bucc, but it's a real UA and not the quest so he probably won't keep the skill.

4. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

Thanks guys :X I could also try it on my Shadower if no one else tries it first, I'm fairly certain it won't affect those skills but it'd be really irritating if it did remove them so I'd rather be safe and know beforehand :|

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

yea, i don't think the game would mess with your beginner skills except for "remove X that is class specific, add Y from new class" but seeing actual proof would be best.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Are there any class-specific beginner skills for adventurers that are not the same across all branches of the same class (now that all pirates get Cannoneers' skills)?

7. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

can't really say, i think not, the only thing i can think of is something the patch notes said (that i'm not taking seriously, but is still there) that says other pirates don't get the swiomming skill

8. Desk Straight Male
    IGN: NatsuEliseo
    Server: Galicia
    Level: 206
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Exploited
    Alliance: Family
    Farm: StarWars
    mexico

The wording makes it look like only pirates created BEFORE the update. I can't see any reason as to why they wouldn't get that skill.

9. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

Because Pirates can't swim unless they have a motherpineappleing cannon attached to their backs.

10. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Job changing with UA skills?

Carrying a cannon around i would expect to be a physically toned man god. I would plow through the ocean as if i were 140 degrees and the water was made of butter.

11. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

I don't think the job adv system will affect beginner skills.

12. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

Everyone who's testing this might also want to see if the UA summon skill gets kept too.

13. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

i can/willing to test as well, i can either do a level 200 ua hero> to something and a level 165 ua marksman> to bowman(why any1 would do this?) to test it. I have them on a mule acc, hmm now that i think about it, i can test whether leveling as Hero first then switching to to a different class if you retain the same amount of HP,or if you would have an increase in HP for that Class.

I could Do Level 200 UA hero> Level 200 UA PALADIN, since i have both, and i know how much hp both have o...o and to make sure that skills arent biasing it, ill take ss of my level 200 hero first with all the skills reset, put skills up to 3rd job take SS, then Job reset to level 200 paladin. Then i can compare that Paladin with No skills to my main paladin with no skills :o Then i can compare with skills up to 3rd job o...o

14. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

I anticipate the skills for UA will go poof upon switching classes because UAs were special circumstance characters to begin with.

With that said.. I have a corsair UA lying around, I hope it's not too expensive considering it's below 13X.. so I'll come back and edit to report what happens.
    Last edited by ExtremeMonotreme; 2013-12-05 at 08:32 AM. Reason: How to grammar minutes after I wake up.

15. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

But regular adventurers acquiring the skills through a quest were not.

My guess is that Beginner skills won't be touched by switching classes. Not the Cygnus skills and also not things like Soaring or Warring States Manifesto.
    But I am not willing to risk losing my Soul Driver, near-useless as it is now, to find out for sure, so thank you to all those who volunteered to test.

16. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

465m to turn my Shadower into a Night Lord, I don't have that meso atm =/ was gonna try and find out but I can't afford it

17. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

UPDATE: @Mazz: So I had a UA Corsair, changed her job to become a Buc, and lo and behold, I retained my cygnus abilities.
    HOWEVER, I changed into a Bucc, a previously designated UA, and not a Cannoneer. Now the question is if I changed into a new class that wasn't previously assigned UA skills because the option wasn't available back in the day, does that matter?

@SaptaZapta

18. Default Re: Job changing with UA skills?

Obtained meso, results:

It's safe!