1. Default How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

Angelic Buster weapon, by the way.

Unleashed scrolls (+5 all stat and +5 attack), or the +8 attack RED scrolls?

Currently sitting at 165% DEX, 21% All Stat (31% with Level 2 Xenon Link).

I'm happy to provide more information if necessary.

2. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

For anyone that cares to do the math, it would be way more helpful to see when 5 main and 5 secondary stat outdoes 3 atk in terms of:

weapon used (mostly, the multiplier),
    %atk,
    and %stats.

3. Default Re: How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

I'm pretty sure AB has a 1.9x multiplier, 15% ATT on my current weapon (Loveless Purple Dragon) but no other sources of %ATT.

4. Default Re: How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

Weapon multiplier and %ATT are irrelevant when comparing 8 att vs. 5 att 5 all. They are individual multiplicative components of the damage formula, and are independent of flat att and stat boosts. However, %ATT can be used to calculate your total ATT if you don't feel like adding them up manually. It's the same idea with %stats being used to calculate your total stats.

If you want to be exact, I'd compare these two values:

Scenario 1, 8 att: (ATT+10*8)*(4*((bDEX*(1+%MW)+pDEX)*%DEX+npDEX)+((b STR*(1+%MW)+pSTR)*%STR+npSTR))
    Scenario 2, 5 att 5 all: (ATT+10*5)*(4*((bDEX*(1+%MW)+pDEX+50)*%DEX+npDEX)+ ((bSTR*(1+%MW)+pSTR+50)*%STR+npSTR))

where the prefixes are: b = base stat, p = stat affected by potential, np = stat not affected by potential. ATT, pDEX, and pSTR should be the values with your clean AB weapon equipped.

And see which scenario gives the higher value. Of course, this assumes a +10 scrolled, unenhanced weapon. Any subsequent enhancements will most likely point toward the conclusion that 8 att is superior to 5 att 5 all, anyway.
    Last edited by user; 2013-12-03 at 09:45 PM. Reason: fixed

5. Default Re: How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

ATTACK / (1+ATK%) attack = (4*DEX+STR) / (5+4*STR%+DEX%) all stat

just need to know total atk/dex/str and %atk/dex/str

6. Default Re: How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

Not entirely sure what you mean when you say "stat affected by potential/not affected by potential", but since I'm planning to throw a 5-Star on the weapon, I'm assuming the +8 ATT scrolls will end up being the better choice.

Would this be with no weapon equipped?

If so: 320 ATT, 5274 DEX, 1198 STR, 0% ATT, 165% DEX, 42% STR (196% DEX/71% STR with %All stat included).

7. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

Default Re: How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

Basically every class except Xenon appreciates atk over stats unless you have a huge amount of atk compared to stats, with that exact ratio needing to be calculated. For xenon it's the same concept but the math is a bit more involved.

8. Default Re: How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

Stats not affected by potential include Inner Ability and Character Card (read: card, not deck) bonuses. Stats affected by potential include bonuses from everything else (equips, skills, etc.)

My method is much more tedious compared to MountLag's (well it's more or less the same concept; his is simplified so you arrive at a conclusion quicker).

9. Default Re: How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

Attack = your current attack with weapon equipped

(4*5274 + 1198) / (5+4*1.96+.71) = 1645 all stat will double range (1645 all stat is adding around 4869 dex and 2812 str)
    (320 + X*1.00) / (1+.00) = 320 + X attack needed to double range, X being the attack on your weapon

Unless X >= 687 the 8 attack scrolls are going to beat the 5 atk 5 all scrolls.
    Last edited by MountLag; 2013-12-03 at 10:16 PM. Reason: typo

10. Default Re: How Should I Scroll my Fafnir Angelic Shooter?

Okay, assuming I input the numbers in correctly, Scenario 1 is still giving a higher value. 8 ATT scrolls it is.

Well the attack is barely going to scrape past 200 at this point (if I use the +5 ATT +5 all stat scrolls), so 8 ATT scrolls seem to be the winner.

Thank you very much @user and @MountLag!