Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Sudden Attack Closing

(Message from Min Kim on the subject pending)

Dear Players,

We're sad to inform you that Sudden Attack will be closing on January 29, 2014, with the Item Shop closing on December 5, 2013. We've had several wonderful years full of memorable updates and events, and we thank you all for your support and contributions to the community.

As a thank you for your support and devotion, we will be offering a compensation package. Nexon will compensate the purchase(s) of Permanent items as well as currently active and non-activated Durational items purchased within the 6 months directly preceding today. Please check back here on December 5, 2013 for the details. Please note that any purchases made between December 2, 2013 and December 5, 2013 will not be compensated.

We're all sad to see Sudden Attack go, but we hope you enjoy all of Nexon's other great games, and continue to be a part of the Nexon family.

Sudden Attack Team

2. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

We understand that you have many questions about the shutdown procedure for Sudden Attack.*
    Please refer to this FAQ to answer any questions you may have.

Q: Why is Sudden Attack shutting down?

A: We regret to announce that we are terminating NxA's service of Sudden Attack to focus on*
    enhancing our other game offerings. We will begin a ramp-down of the game on December 5, 2013,*
    with the closing of the cash shop. Full service will terminate on January 29, 2014. To thank*
    you for your commitment to Sudden Attack, we would like to offer you compensation for the*
    purchase of Permanent and Durational items purchased within the past six months.

Q: Are you planning on terminating service of any other NxA games?

A: We have not announced any other game closures in North America.

Q: Will we be receiving any type of compensation for this?

A: You will receive your compensation package after we have concluded our maintenance on*
    December 5, 2013. We will compensate the purchase of Permanent and Durational items purchased*
    within the past six months. The dollar value is correlated with the time of purchase. Please*
    note that this compensation is non-transferable.

Q: What is going to happen to the items I just bought?

A: Players who purchased Permanent Items 30 days prior to the closure of the Item Shop will*
    receive 100% of the value of that item in NX. If players have a Durational Item that is active*
    at the time the Cash Shop is closed down, they will receive 100% of the value of that item in*
    NX. Please note that this compensation is non-transferable.

Q: Can I transfer my NX to a different account or another player?

A: No, all NX received from this compensation is non-transferable.

Q: Will I receive my compensation in NX Prepaid or NX Credit?

A: You will receive your compensation package in the form of NX Prepaid.

Q: Will my compensation NX expire if it is not used right away?

A: No. Any NX you receive as part of your compensation package will not have an expiration*
    date.

Q: I spent a lot of time developing my character and now you're closing. Can I transfer my*
    skills and character rank to another game?

A: Nexon America's Combat Arms service is offering many incentives for former Sudden Attack*
    players. For a detailed list click here.

Q: Is the game ever coming back?

A: There are no plans to bring back Sudden Attack in North America.

3. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

Didn't even know that Nexon published that game. Oh well.

4. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

Real take away here - Note how different a real closure message is

5. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

indeed.

and not surprised to hear this, one barely, if at all, heard of this game

6. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Was not aware that this game existed lol

7. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

Surprised this isn't vindictus or atlantica. Even mabinogi too.

8. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

And not a single pineapple was given. Most people probably don't even know this game exists.

9. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

There was a huge booth for this game at PAX Prime this year in August, which is the only time I'd ever heard about this game. I was under the impression it was an upcoming game then.

That's kind of sad.

10. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

Sudden Attack is pretty popular in Japan as far as I know (and the only reason why I knew its presence)... but I suppose CS is more dominant in other regions?

11. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

If the SA people don't lose their jobs, at least you'll have bigger teams on the games that still exist.

Which may be good or bad.

12. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Not surprised, had a feeling it was going to shut down some time between now and mid next year anyway. They had an update in October where they removed a bunch of the newer stuff to bring everything "Back to the Basics" which is an odd move for an online game.

13. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

Seems like the game had a Sudden Attack of the Shutdownsies. Yes, that was awful but I had to say it.

Wasn't this game Hacker Central? Only the hackers should be sad.

14. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

RIP sudden attack, you were relatively unknown.

;_;7

15. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

I dunno how many play Atlantica Online, and it's definitely less than it was when I played it quite regularly, but I can't imagine the game is too close to being shutdown. I know people who still spend hundreds to thousands of dollars on this game and equipment within it.

16. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

DFO treatment with compensation = barely any compensation

17. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

Atlantica is very much in the same boat as MS, because it's pretty much the same exact system except far more cruel. All the cash items that are useful are COMPLETELY and UTTERLY random chance, with a very low chance at the highlighted item, then an even lower chance for a permanent version. Causes people who REALLY want something to spend out the ass, which in the end gives Nexon enough money to keep the game alive.

18. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

While you're mostly right there, it's not that there's a lower chance for a permanent version. Almost all of the items in the Item Mall are permanent. The randomized boxes of Decorations and Mounts give away 2 versions of every decoration/mount in them. A regular one, and a more rare one that's a reskin of the regular, and for a year or so now the rarer ones give better stats as well. People used to spend crazy amounts of money for the rare versions even before they gave better stats. It's ridiculous.

Also, unlike in Maple, the majority of items in the item mall are tradable in-game as well. So, buying in the item mall very directly means you can obtain obscene amounts of in-game currency.

Despite all it's flaws though, I still love the game. While the PvP is more or less completely P2W, it is incredibly gratifying to play, and I still play it when I have the time.

19. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

http://suddenattack.nexon.net/news/All/00HME
    Nah I don't get it. Sorry.

So uh....what do we do now. Swarm their official forums and pledge support for the game or something?

20. Default Re: Sneak Peak - Sudden Attack Closing

I won't deny that the game is actually enjoyable, but even the PvE gets P2W if it's anything like it used to be back when I played seriously. Once you got to the 110s leveling became painfully slow and mobs would kick your ass for lulz.

I love the game's concept, but the execution got pomegranatetier the further in the game I got.

Also I didn't know that there were only permanent versions. Pretty sure when I played when it was still owned by NDoors there were Non-Perma and Perma. Even without that it's still insanely annoying and a horribly P2W system.