1. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Warring states manefesto

I remember reading somewhere here that this skill (the one you get from oda totems) can be cancelled so that the delay doesn't make it useless for DPS? How does it work if at all?

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Warring states manefesto

I've noticed that it doesn't have much of a delay at all. I press it and it attacks, and I can move the entire time it's being used. I don't think there is any need to cancel it out, because there isn't really any delay to speak of.

3. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I haven't actually hit anything with it yet, but when i used it on air it did take me what felt like 1500 ms before i could move or cast an attack. Might it be on hit cancel?

I'm playing around with it now and i can't seem to get around the delay even if i do hit.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Warring states manefesto

Hmm, I just used it on my Hayato and I am noticing a small delay now, not sure why I didn't notice it before (perhaps I wasn't spamming my skills fast enough).

I wonder if it's affected by Attack Speed?

5. Default Re: Warring states manefesto

It does seem like it's affected by attack speed.

6. GLADIGATORS
    usa

What kind of delay would it have at speed cap?

(It's affected by buckshot so i guess the highish weapon speed of cannoneers would make it even out)

7. Default Re: Warring states manefesto

speed cap:

2 below speed cap:

(holding down Phantom Blow > hold down WSM > hold down Phantom Blow again)

the majority of the delay is before the animation actually starts, which is weird

Quite a lot of skills can have their delays cancelled (Asura included, which is hilarious) if you have an Auto Buff Gem on a pet and you cancel the buff as soon as you want to cancel the skill delay, the auto buff gem will buff over it and remove the delay of the skill. I would try and record that but my buff gems expired, they're on sale later today though so I'll try and grab one and see if that works with WSM too.

Reuploaded videos, using controller with autofire to remove as much delay as possible
    Last edited by Mazz; 2013-12-02 at 01:03 PM. Reason: asdf

8. Default Re: Warring states manefesto

Any class with a gliding skill (Evan/DS/DA) can cancel the delay on every single skill.

Jump + attack then glide then you can attack again when you hit the ground.

9. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default Re: Warring states manifesto

I don't think i'm able to cancel it at all, however if i cover the delay with laying down my summons it becomes good utility. It's 60% damage weaker than nautilus strike but half the delay, has the same range, and can be casted in the air. I can lay down militia then macro anchor into rolling rainbow summon post red, all after i get the dot damage buff up of course. I can get out all my summons at once without having terrible damage while i do so. It might bump up my dojo time a fair amount if i incorporate it (it doesn't even use MP!). This is looking like a very useful skill in my opinion.