Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New JMS stuff?

1. Default New JMS stuff?

Earlier today I went to Uni's blog and noticed this new post talking about RED and the update plan for JMS.
    One thing that caught my attention was an image of an unseen character. I asked a friend to translate some stuff for me and it seems that on top of getting Zero and dawnveil, Japan plans on releasing a new "Beast Tamer" class, as well as expand or revamp some existing content such as the Tokyo maps, Sengoku content, and monster cards/familars.

The beast tamer is supposed to look like this

Any thoughts?

2. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

welp, now they cater to furries too.

3. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

Child of the Forest

Name: Beast Tamer
    Class: Magician
    Special Trait: Has [animal] ears growing [out of the top of his/her head]
    Combat [Style]: Borrows the strength/powers of animals.

Basically, minor shapeshifting...interesting concept, but gameplay-wise that doesn't make any difference unless they give him/her some gimmick that actually means something in gameplay.

Sounds like each animal is a "transformation" or "mode" of sorts where the character is limited to the use of specific skills, while possibly being granted specific buffs based on said animal.

That said, the JMS dev team has proven itself capable of creating interesting classes, so I'll be looking forward to this...somewhat.

4. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: New JMS stuff?

Ooooh, a Druid class?

This looks awesome. I hope GMS gets this too. being a Mage doesn't really make sense to me though, unless she's some sort of physical mage like Battle Mage.

5. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

First of all, that looks suspiciously silmiar to the whole "Anima" race thingy that's now going to be connected to the new hero.
    Since the Anima-race has fox-characteristics.
    Besides that.... hmm, don't they have a "beast tamer" profession? Something with the familiars, like summoning 3 at a time, if I remember correctly...

6. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

I thought it was holding a pokeball but that's just hair

7. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

Lol they failed to make the white spots transparent.

8. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Spoiler

First thing that came to my mind when I saw these anima people.
    Last edited by Satellite; 2013-12-01 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Fixed broken image link

9. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

This class is related to Sengoku Class? And when Oda Nobunaga will be a fightable boss?

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

I'd imagine they are "related" in the sense that she is the same race as Haku, and her story might intersect with Hayato/Kanna at some point.

also i'll eat my shirt if Nobunaga becomes a fightable boss
    /* i'm kidding, i'm not as badass as Fiel and would never dare to make such a deal */

but seriously, he'll probably be fightable once all 5 "Children of the stars" are released. so 3 more.

11. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

Interesting looking forward to more info of this job

12. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

yeppp.. another job I might want to play :O

13. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

First Yunnel and now this? Normally people would be pissed at the thought of yet another job reaching Maplestory.

14. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

This is Zero (I think). The only thing I don't understand is that I have never seen these skills before...
    inb4 5th job tease

15. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

I don't mind as long as it gives diversity to the game. I won't quit my main, but the people I encounter on it has quite a lot of variety.

16. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

That can't be Zero, Zero never had skills like those before.

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 AM ----------

Same, I'm dying to hear more.

17. Default Re: New JMS stuff?

I know, right? But, it was said that these flashy skills belong to Zero.
    inb4 5th job tease

All of this was revealed at an offline event in Japan. They've also released their roadmap of January till June 2014.

A storage expansion is planned from 4 slots to 20. Players who bought expansions from Cash Shop will get reimbursed.
    They're also planning to change the login system to make it more convenient. More exclusive Japanese content is planned as well, but no ETA for the details.
    New episode of Dawnveil will be added and new Monster Familiar cards.