1. Neutron Male
    IGN: ThiefysLumi
    Server: Bera
    Level: 222
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Resolute
    Alliance: LessThan3

Default Which critical ring is better for me?

I got 75% critical (and SE gloves which makes it 85%), and Hayato's card which increases my minimum critical by 6%.

Adventure Dark Critical Ring (Obtainable during RED) will make my critical 100%, and boost my minimum critical by another 3%/5% (not sure, 2 sites say something different).
    Explorer's critical ring will make my critical 95%, and boost my minimum critical by another 10%.
    I guess it's 95% (16% minimum) against 100% (9%/11% minimum)

A. Which is better?
    B. Can I use Sharing Tag on Explorer's critical ring? (Did anyone try?)
    C. Or.. is 12-15% int ring better than any of these?

2. Default Re: Which critical ring is better for me?

For which job? Luminous?

Answer to b is no, answer to c and a depens on your job.

3. Neutron Male

Default Re: Which critical ring is better for me?

No? really? I thought it meant to be used exactly on items such as this one

I am a luminous yes, but the difference between none-critical and critical lines is around 300-400k dmg so I doubt it that any % ring is better than getting higher critical rate.

4. Default Re: Which critical ring is better for me?

There is a few crit rings that you can move with shared tag, but sadly the 10% one is not one of them.

Im not the best with this sorta math, but I would personally go with the 10% crit ring, you can obtain 5% critical from other stuff. Monster life, guild skill, character cards (combine either one of them and you got 5%, 2% from guild skill 3% from marksman card/monster life mob).

Maybe @hadriel can do the math for you.

Edit: Or Im guessing your question towards using 10% critical ring would only work if you could share tag trade it right? If thats the case, then obviously you got no other option until they decide to release it again.

5. Default Re: Which critical ring is better for me?

With DSE, your current critical rate is 85% and crit damage range is 1.46 - 1.65, for an average of 1.555. Your current average damage is 1 + 0.85*0.555 = 1.472

With the Adventurer Dark crit ring, assuming 5% mincritdmg boost, then your average damage is 1 + 1*(0.51 + 0.65)/2 = 1.58. DPS gain is 7.34%.

With the Explorer's crit ring, your average damage is 1 + 0.95*(0.56 + 0.65)/2 = 1.575. DPS gain is 7%.

To be honest, it's not a very big difference. But since you are a Luminous, Absolute Kill is 100% crit so getting 100% crit is... quite pointless. AK is your primary source of burst DPS, and everything else is rather rubbish. It's fairly obvious that the Explorer's crit ring is better in that respect. But at the end of the day, unless you're in for a super long-drawn fight, that even 0.5% DPS increase is valuable, then I'll do the finer calculations for you.

The breakpoint total %INT on all your current equipment for a ring with 15%INT to match those crit rings is 214%INT, and for a 12%INT ring it is 171%INT. Any total %INT less than these will get you a DPS increase of more than 7%.

Hadriel

6. Neutron Male

Well yea.. if I can't use sharing tag, this question is meaning-less right now.
    Thanks anyways!

So much math
    I understand there's no big difference between these two.
    What you said was too complicated for me and I couldn't understand half. mannn I'm stupid.

I just go with logic..
    I see 3m critical hits and 2.2 normal hits (or 4m and 3.1).
    that difference is so big that I don't think even a 40% int ring will get the same effect of having 100% critical.

7. Default Re: Which critical ring is better for me?

That's not logic, it's intuition.

If you use the 10% Crit Ring, you gain 7% damage. If you use a 15% INT ring instead and you have less than 214% INT, you gain more than 7% damage, and if you use a 12% INT ring instead and you have less than 171% INT, you gain more than 7% damage. If either of those apply to you, and you still decide to use a 10% crit ring instead of a 12%/15% INT ring, you'll be losing damage.

8. Default Re: Which critical ring is better for me?

The math man can give more exact numbers, but in a quick dash through, you aren't actually comparing 3M v. 2.2M damage, that would be comparing 100% Critical v. 0% Critical. The more accurate comparison would be 3M v. 2.88M comparing 100% v. 85% Critical ((0.85*3M)+(0.15*2.2)=2.88M). That's some of the basis behind hadriel's suggestions regarding the %INT, etc. That's if there are too many numbers to digest there.

EDIT: Now that I've been ninja'd, I recall either hadriel or Grey having a table with relevant critical, maybe minimum critical data. I don't remember where it is now though.

9. Default Re: Which critical ring is better for me?

It's specifically for DB, but the math is posted, so one should be able to adapt it to a different class (the big difference being that DBs practically have 100% crit already, so there wasn't really a need to do a weighted average for average damage): http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1181162

10. Neutron Male

critical hits are ~4m and the none-crit are ~3m.
    at 75% critical, that's 1 line (out of 4) with 1m diff, and 1 line (out of 4, sunfire) with ~500k diff.
    That's 1.5m total different per hit out of 4x3 + 3 +2x3 + 1.5 (22.5m dmg per hit) = 0.0666%.

my current int is 195%.
    12% ring is 0.061
    13% ring is 0.066
    14% ring is 0.717
    15% ring is 0.076

Well ya, you guys are right. any ring above 13% is better I guess.
    It's just harder to read someone else' math and easier to understand it with own math I guess

Thanks a lot!

Yup, you are right. now I've got that all right I guess, thanks!

Thanks guys!