Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

Not as far as I know.

Frankly, it sucks. The weapons have lower base stats, the levels do little to compensate for it. The armor is crap, and except for the gloves, they don't even have attack. The levels don't do much for the armor, giving +3 all stats for 3 levels, and then +4 all stats for 2 levels, for a total of +17. It clashes with Tyrants, and Root Abyss just seems overall better since RA+Tyrants can out do this set.

We still don't actually know how "upgrading" works, and I can't say I place much faith in what they tell us.

The only redeeming quality I see in this set is that it's common, and that's just because I greatly enjoy switching classes at whim, but that's not even applicable, because you can't even scissor them. It's equip tradeblock and then untradeable forever. Also I rather like the look, but that's what anvils are for.

But that's comparing it to RA+Tyrants. If you're upgrading from Empress to this, I could see it being pretty nice.

They've got to be doing more with this set. I mean, look at RA. They changed the weapon and the set effect like 3 or 4 times.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

If the stats are added together i don't think potential losses really matter since no loss can offset the massive gain of two equips in one, and we don't know how the slots situation works yet either.

Also i think the star-1 rule is to compensate for that enhancement difference.

3. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

I guess I might not need to worry about getting an Innocence Scroll for my Fafnir ...

4. Neutron

IGN: shootDaFokUp
    Server: Scania
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: BlackRose

Oh, I forgot to mention about what gear is in the set:

Hat
    Overall
    Shoes
    Gloves
    Cape
    Weapon

The full set bonus will gives:
    195 all stat
    103 w/m.atk
    300 w/m.def
    330 accuracy
    130 avoid
    20% Max H/MP
    20% boss damage

It seems lacking even compare to fanfir + Tyrant sets especially the Tyrant Gloves are coming soon.
    It also use overall instead of Top/Bottom which means we lose an equipment worth of potential.

5. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

Hmm. As someone who uses a full (read without shoulder) Empress set, I welcome this upgrade. That's if they make it reasonable to obtain.

6. Neutron

IGN: shootDaFokUp
    Server: Scania
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: BlackRose

It really depends on how much watk it will end up with fully upgraded.
    Spoiler

This Whip Blade showed 94 w.atk which is less than a normal empress whip blade.
    Slots are 7 instead of 8 unlike the Empress or Fanfir.

7. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

I will do some numbers when I get back home, since I'm out for lunch now. Something to note: it's not likely that the stats would be combined, because +100WA/MA is a little game breaking imo. Also, this system, assuming it applies to Tyrant equipment, is most useful only if we enhance an equipment to the max, then carry it over. The problem is, it's not a superior equipment anymore, or at least that's what I believe unless they actually port over the Superior item tag (highly unlikely).

Considering the number of high-levelled equipment ( > lvl140) available to standard players, it's a little irrelevant for many of us.

Hadriel

8. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

While the rest of the set is nothing to write home about, if they acknowledge that Kanna/Hayato exist and actually release level 160 fans and katanas, this upgrade system might end up giving Haku a massively overpowered fan. Then again, it might not. Really need more info.

9. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

carrying over these not even worth if the item become fully untradeable

10. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

Equips will probably end up being worse depending on how it works

15 star tyrant + 160 cape
    oops you lost 50 all stat 30 atk/watk cuz Tyrants have crazy base stats too

11. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

I'm not interested in the tradability of an equipment or the economics of Maplestory... I'm just analysing numbers interested in analysing numbers and casual playing, especially in the perspective of a non-NX user.

Hadriel

12. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

who would even dare to trade in a 15 star for that ..... unless it tradable you might

13. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

There is a phrase in the first image of the NPC, which says "原封不动", and in the context of the sentence it means that the stats of the equipment will be carried over completely untouched. I'm just worried that there is a mis-translation when going from NexonKR HQ to CMST, because that does have a subtle definitive nuance in that phrase.

But from this interpretation, a 100WA Tyrant cape would become a 100WA Vortex cape... but probably losing the Superior item tag which is what I bet.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

I don't think Tyrant gear is eligible for the new set.

15. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

Sorry but couldn't give 50 pomegranates about the 160 garbage.

WHAT DID THEY DO TO MY RED SCROLLS?

I feel like an angry mama bear ready to flip all sorts of tables.

I literally was depending on that to FINALLY be able to scroll my weapons. I know there's a chance we won't get CMST stuff BUT IT'S SLIM. In fact, if we get those 25% scrolls, it will virtually be confirmed 100% no 90% scrolls. If that happens I'm just gonna trash scroll my weapon. They are pushing players WAY TOO FAR with this garbage.

16. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

If the stats transfer completely untouched, what is the point of the exercise? Just replacing the looks and the set effect, at the cost of having to recube (since potential rank transfers but potential stats don't) and losing all tradeability? Seems totally not worth it.

17. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

Oh yeah you're right, missed the 2 chars where it specified 140/150 set equips.
    I kinda skimmed over and only saw that it didn't specifically mention Empress or Root Abyss.

18. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

It depends, there are some concerns, but it depends. If GMS does get Kritias and depending on how top/bottom is treated, if a player can free up 2-3 of pednant/face/eye slots. You would lose

30% Boss
    30% additive PDR
    Lots of Money from recubing and scrolling

But you would gain

53 Attack
    175 All Stat
    7-12 New Scroll Slots for 6 equips
    1 Extra Star to enhance when you finish scrolling new slots for weapon; I think this is only good if you have a 12-15 star equip.

Not sure if I did that correctly. But to simplfy, instead of having a 300 attack weapon you can trade it in and be able to scroll/enhance it to a 352 attack weapon. Overall a trade-in not including set effects could be a over 100 attack extra from three equips if your funded enough.

Again not sure if I am understanding everyting correctly. I also have conerns about the tradeability, top/bottom implications, carry over translation, etc.

19. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

To be honest, I don't know if "装备道具" means set equipment or not. My interpretation is, no it doesn't mean so, because 装备 and 道具 both mean equipment, and in the images both terms were used interchangeably. I will reserve judgement on this until we get more information. Losing that much %Boss and %IgnorePDR from RA is very painful though, and I am very sure nobody wants to lose their Tyrant's superior item tag just for a lame increase in item level, not when there's no further point in increasing the item level and a further enhancement gives paltry bonuses.

On a side note, the benefit of this carrying-over is: 1) you don't need to rescroll your perfectly-scrolled (or THEN-perfectly scrolled equipment... given how they dish out new and better scrolls...) equipment, and 2) you don't need to re-enhance your equipment, except for the last star "slot" (if you so feel that it is worth it to further enhance it, given that enhancement stats are fully carried over). That also implies that 3) you need not perfect your, say... Empress weapon, and still allow it to have its potential rank.

The obvious downside is... you lose your perfect potential, and as of now we don't know if the base stats are carried over (i.e. stat-for-stat), or if bonus stats are carried over (e.g. base 120 +35 WA from scrolling 7*5WA scroll ---> base 125 + 35WA from scrolling). The best outcome for us is the latter, and if it's the former it is... dumb, as of now.

It remains to be seen if your slot count for the carried-over Vortex equipment is going to be 0, or 7. Either ways, you don't actually lose money from scrolling, and if it's the latter you stand to gain with further scrolling (but yes you still have to use lots of money to further scroll...)

Just how much stats does one last enhancement on a normal equipment (say... 11th --> 12th star) give?

Hadriel

20. Default Re: RED micro-site now out!

I don't have a prayer of obtaining a Fafnir item in my lifetime, so if I get some empress equips I think I will upgrade them.