Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

Just as with every big update since Big Bang/Chaos:

1. Nexon hypes the update as the biggest one ever, an update that will completely chnge the decrepit state of the game into something that's worth playing again.
    2. They plant a bunch of misleading infos that makes everyone think it is going to be the best thing to ever happen to maplestory.
    3. People start going crazy, hype is going up.
    4. KMST patches hit. Everyone's reaction: Is that really all it is?
    5. Everyone is frustrated. "We should've known better", they say.
    6. "We can't wait for the next big update that will finally change something!"

And the cycle continues

2. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

This update isn't even a tier one update (according to their Q3 report) so everyone knows from the get-go that this isn't a big update, it may be sizable but it's not a tier one.

3. Neutron Male
    IGN: Irorika
    Server: Scania
    Level: 205
    Job: Paladin
    Guild: ZeitVier
    Alliance: Beater
    Farm: Anzu
    thailand

2013 Tier 1 Content Updates and Launches

ref: http://ir.nexon.co.jp/en/library/pdf/20131108_2.pdf

4. Neutron

IGN: shootDaFokUp
    Server: Scania
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: BlackRose

If you have that power, you should probably training at something that is around 20level higher than your own level until you get 100, that is when you start evo world until 160.

5. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

Altering established story facts is precisely what a retcon is.
    Yes, they did just stick a new one in, using a trope that has already been ridden to death: memory loss.

Maple Story's story has long reeked of patchwork and lack of forward thinking. To doubt that this Hero was last-ditch effort to generate interest is to give credit to a team that had to delay a reveal countdown.

Fixed for accuracy.

Wizet really needs to get past the past and start creating story content that actually advances the Maple World. Instead of introducing new complications and unnecessary details, they should adjust the existing Heroes' backstories to interweave and stay consistent then let them be.

We KNOW how the Black Mage was sealed.
    It's about time we moved on to his unsealing and the aftermath.

6. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

Technically, whoever erased Eunwol from history performed the retcon, as they altered the historical facts for the sake of continuity. Who cares if their introduction method is a trope, I'm happy they included a pirate Hero. Focus your negativity towards where it is deserved: Nexon's marketing and sales team.

7. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

I'm interested in nearly every part of this update except for the new job. Another new exp curve, elite monsters, and "challenge based" dungeons seem like real fun. I like the design of the town the new job starts in, even if my interest in the job itself is low. Whats an anima? Never heard of that before.

Anything they can do to level the playing field with heavy NX spenders is welcome news to me, because that imbalance is exactly what made me stop playing in the first place. I can't afford to spend money on cubes, and I don't like being the weakest BaM I know, so a much more affordable way to get cubes is very welcome.

8. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

Anima means one's soul, or the feminine part of a male's personality.

9. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

Anima are another race in Grandis, that we know very little about. Basically the only information on them is that they have fox ears lol.

In the Adventurer storyline, one of the characters is actually an Anima, but he really hates people seeing his ears so you have to go buy a hat for him to wear (and he actually wears that specific hat for a good part of the quests, it's pretty cool actually lol).

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Does it have to be a specific hat? or can you give him any?
    If it's any hat, I shall make it my mission to give him the silliest hat possible

11. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

Wasn't it in the storyline that Lotus and Orca were erasing the heros from history? This would possibly explain the forgetting of Eunwol I guess.
    Last edited by fodjgngf; 2013-12-01 at 05:15 AM.

12. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

Yes, but that was just erasing records of them. The heroes still remembered each other. Their memories of Einwol were apparently erased.

If I had to guess, he did something for the seal (Luminous had enough trouble with it BEFORE this retcon.) that resulted in that.

13. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

Nah you can only pick from a certain list sadly, that would be hilarious though xD

14. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

은월 isn't even close to Yunnel...

their name would romanize over to Eun Wol

15. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

KMS should absorb and re-tweak Kanna and Hayato, and retcon Kanna's story to make Haku one of the Anima race. It would make so much sense!

That is, unless Eunwol really is a less pomegranatety reskin of Kanna, in which case i'm of mixed feelings.

16. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Why would it be? We at least know it's a summon oriented character, and it isn't a mage so it can't possibly have the support skills kanna does.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    uk

eh, Kanna attacks by summoning spirits too, and has a fox companion that joins them in battle, just like Eunwol. He/She could end up being a hybrid Mage/Pirate for all we know, and is within the realm of possibility following Xenon.

of course i'm just speculating though, and it could end up being something completely unique with the exception being that the fox companion and spirit summoning have been done by Kanna already. (at least flavour-wise)

18. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Oh s'hit, that's a good point. For some reason i was restricted to the idea of summons being cast and follow. You could be right and i really hope you're not.

19. Sacred cow Male
    IGN: Equi
    Server: Aquila
    Level: 235
    Job: Luminous
    Guild: Pineapples
    Farm: holycow
    singapore

I wouldn't mind a hybrid mage/pirate...
    Atleast getting other stats other than int on mage eqs wouldn't be that bad

20. Default Re: Upcoming Winter Update

So KMS is getting the 6th Hero who looks like Vega from Street Figther and JMS is getting another class? interesting.
    I wonder if the 6th hero would do Vega's attacks.