IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default RED mob spawn times/channels?

Anyone here know the spawn times for RED monsters? I know it's every 3 hours but I thought I heard something about them all spawning at fixed times, in that case, at what are those times? Also, do they only spawn in certain channels? Because I'm starting to think they do.

I got like 5 keys last week, cause I found 5 red monsters kinda easily in leafre. I ran out of the keys now and it's turning out impossible to find one now. I browsed through Korean Folk Town and Omega Sector maps (WHO GOES THERE?) and couldn't find any... I did this when Americans should be in school/work, at a (nowadays) dead server and at maps no1 usually goes to. So why can't I find any of these? Didn't most people get all the needed keys during the first few days anyway?

I'm starting to think some people are killing these just to be an ass, or there's just that many nasty cheaters abusing the heck out of this event with 50 different accounts.

I would rather not waste my whole day hunting these monsters, when this event is the only thing I bother to log in for atm

2. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

No fixed times. Just 3 hours after each kill.
    Any channel.
    I found 2 channels, I just keep killing them every 3 hours, they spawn Right on time.

3. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

Well there are certain people who have multiple accounts, so they need multiple keys in a day for all those accounts.

Honestly I've found a RED mob at weird times. Just take persistance. I thnk every map has a different timer only because everyone killed a RED mob at a different time.

4. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

I can confirm they respawn exactly three hours after they were killed, +/- 10 seconds, if you're in the map.

Everyone goes to KFT/omega now because of this event. There are a ton of people logging in just for this, just like you.
    It's just one of those events everyone is participating in.

5. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

I guess I'm not opening my box today Just simply can't find a single monster anywhere, Checked through every map in Leafre, Korean Folk Town and Omega Sector...

6. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

Tho...
    In theory...
    If you just wait 3 hours in 1 map. You can keep that map for yourself for days.

7. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

Is there anything good in these? Mine have all been untradeable pendants of spirit so far.

8. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

You can get CRA gear, no boom AEE, A nebs, etc. from the Philosopher Books.

9. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

I always get a tea pot tho

10. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

Just bad luck on your part, then. You can get a bunch of different boxes from RED Gacha Box, including tea pots, crystal scales, and philosopher books.

11. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

Which items gives two prizes? I know the philosopher book gives 2 while the harp gives 1.

12. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

So, just realized something - I was wondering why at certain places I would only find RED mobs in a certain map, and it made me remember back in the old days of area boss hunting - specifically King Sage Cat.

There were two maps KSC could spawn, and whichever map someone was in is where it would spawn - it wouldn't spawn in the other one, even if that's where it was killed last. I cleared Bellocan's Kerning Square just now of RED cygnus hastati's, and I logged in a mule that was in one of the side maps, and it spawned there. It wouldn't spawn in the main map I hunted the others in.

I think it's the same mechanics. All the maps are linked, e.g.:

Kerning Square
    Golem's Temple
    Oblivion
    Regret
    Memory
    Dragon Forest
    Battlefield of fire and water + are of blue kent + water and darkness
    black kent + fire and darkness + red kent
    Magatia

etc.

all have one set of RED mobs that spawn every three hours. This makes the maps available for them decrease significantly, and accounts for the lack of mobs for how few people are actually trying to find them.

13. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

I've only been hunting 3-4 keys at a time, and have never had to go past the first map I was in. But it's all been in Regret, which isn't the most popular area.

Rewards have continued to suck for me >_> got a nice average tradeable level 80 Shining Rod and a level 40 Fiery Fox bow. Maybe I should hunt some on other characters.

14. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

I felt like sharing what I know about this event, both in order to increase the number of people hunting for keys and to decrease my will to get more of them on all of my alts (Maplestory alone is hazardous enough to my health):

- the RED mob set per map cluster is correct. If you happen to find one in a GT map, that means that GT is done for that channel. Write down the time you killed it and come back 3h later. The next mob will spawn in whichever map that has someone connected (which is channels with botters are terrible to hunt on);
    - the RED mob's level works just like DIPQ (or whatever PQ, actually): it is the mean of the levels of anyone in the map at the time it spawns. If there's a lvl200 and a lvl100, the mob will be lvl150 a.k.a.: if you have to afk in such a map/if you have to hunt down as many channels as possible, do so with your lvl200 character;
    - you do NOT need to kill the maps' monsters in order for the RED one to spawn. It will spawn 3h after it was last killed, as long as there's someone in any of those maps, obviously;
    - know where in the map the mob spawns. It will ALWAYS spawn in that same area;
    - if you're doing this with alts, get lvl30 lumis. You can tank the hits easily and kill mobs with the 2nd job light skill;
    - from my previous experiences, the RED mobs spawn around 2h~2h30 after a SC. You've been warned.

Good luck!

15. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

Well, looks like no one is actually trying in Windia... I managed to get enough keys on all of my alts. Feel free to go battle royale with my track list

11:53 ch20
    11:55 ch10
    11:56 ch11
    11:57 ch13
    11:58 ch1
    12:00 ch18
    12:01 ch17
    12:04 ch7
    12:05 ch8
    12:06 ch14
    12:07 ch19
    12:08 ch5
    12:11 ch3
    12:12 ch2
    12:13 ch6
    12:17 ch15
    12:22 ch16

I'll let you guys figure whatever timezone and maps they are, though. Maps are all in the same area, so if you get one, all you'll need then is just to change channels (the maps are not LVL/quest restricted, btw). Needless to say, this is in Windia. Have fun!

16. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

Wait I have a question for this quote "If you happen to find one in a GT map, that means that GT is done for that channel.". So for example, if I killed a RED monster on Boswell Field 1 cc 17 in Omega Sector, there will be no other RED monsters in field 2-6 on that particular channel? Also if I come back 3 hours later to cc 17, the red monster will spawn in random from Boswell Field 1-6. Thanks for your help!

17. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

If fields 1-6 are considered one area altogether, you're correct.

If you come back 3h later to ch17, the monster will spawn wherever there is someone in the map. If you're alone in that ch, it will spawn in your map. If there's more people, it will be a random map which has someone in it.

18. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

Thanks for your help=] now my addiction to getting boxes grows even stronger T_T

19. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

My brother and I just finished our remaining mules until the end of the event and we thought we'd follow up and give our tracks up too.

Obviously, Time Killed | Channel. These are in GAZED, EST and are in the Orbis section (Garden of ... II). Have fun. They are great for Hot Time mules. 8 minutes to go, from the time of this post.

3:54 8
    3:55 6
    3:55 4
    3:57 19
    4:00 18
    4:00 17
    4:02 12
    5:23 10
    5:23 3
    5:26 20
    5:27 7
    5:28 9
    5:29 1
    5:31 5
    5:34 11

20. Default Re: RED mob spawn times/channels?

ty, I hope im not that late.. xD