Thread: [Update KMS] Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

1. Default Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

Nexon posted a patch for KMS version 202 upgrade to version 203.
    You may download this patch from their official site and begin creating your pre-patcher now.
    Extractions and database updates will be forthcoming (if supported)!

Size: 39454254 (bytes) (37.63 mb)
    Posted:

Want quick and easy notification of just patches & updates? Follow PatchWatcher on twitter, or visit http://www.PatchWatcher.net/ and monitor just the patches you're interested in.

2. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

Wow FLY really was a big update!. So Game changing that I still don't know what's happening... /end sarcasm...

So, I hope that they changed the T1 update from 3rd quarter to last quarter. so, big patch for december?. Because All in FLY could have been included in just one patch (And it's probably what GMS will do). Also considering that Winter's patch probably will include Gollux for KMS, I have my hopes quite low.

3. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

Ever since RED I was expecting 5th job to be the big Winter patch in KMS this year, probably along with a new damage cap and stuff. Dunno if that's still reasonable to expect or not though.
    FLY sucked, there was no hype at all. :|

4. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

I'm still still waiting on them to finish up Cygnus.

What'd you expect? They just announced this shit out of the blue.

5. Can of Soup Straight Male
    venezuela

Me too but 2 patches of bad done revamps and one incomplete Guild revamp is pretty low compared to what I'd expect for a normal Fall update, I hope that there will be a new Lafre's type update with a new big area for high levels and 5th job.

Edit: I was expecting them to finish cygnus knights too. Now they could use the winter update to finish them and don't give us 5th job...

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Stuff like that would be version specific though, since MEEs don't plague any other version. The content created from then on out would also have to be tweaked for every other version because of that.

Unless...they plan on gimping those things that make people super strong with 5th job?

7. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

Most of the recent patches have revolved around class revamps, so FLY was no exception really, it just seemed very lacklustre following RED. I'm hoping the 5th job patch will come with a new area, lots of new quests (can we actually have lore for our 5th job skills please) and probably a new boss (a la Leafre/Horntail).

@Takebacker; I figured we'd get a new damage cap, probably 100mil, because 50m seems like a weird place to stop. Same reason I thought the 200k damage cap was dumb, not because it wasn't high enough, but it was just a strange number to cut off at. Most versions seem to be tweaking content before releasing it now anyway, which I think is pretty cool, because clearly not everything is going to work in every version, though they probably wouldn't have needed to do so if all versions followed roughly the same path anyway, but with exclusive content (MEEs, Soul Weapons to an extent, Nebulites, Additional Options, etc) they kinda do need to make adjustments for each individual version.

---------

pomegranatety Google Translate patch notes if anyone cares

8. GLADIGATORS
    usa

I don't think 50m is so weird if people never, or barely ever, hit it. I think it is this way in GMS right now. It really depends what kind of standards 5th job gives us to be honest.

If they build 5th job around MEEs so KMS isn't so disgusting i'm going to stop though.

9. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

You're crazy! How much more money are we going to expect people to pay to be on par with the strong players? Hell, the damage cap is already hard enough to hit as it is.

10. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

I don't think they will.. at least, it seems like they realised how absurdly broken MEEs were by not releasing them in any other version, and to build 5th job around that would be really stupid. That'd probably just end up being another thing non-KMS versions tweak, if they can adjust stuff like Luminous' gameplay/damage/skills I don't see why they wouldn't adjust other things, if required.
    Granted, they had no reason to change Luminous in the first place, but.. I think my point stands. Sort of.

@oJavi; did you even read what I said I know the damage cap is crazy to hit, and I'm not saying it needs to be higher, but if they've already given some skills higher damage caps (I think Angelic Buster/Marksman/Shadower have significantly higher damage caps for some skills?) I imagine they probably will raise the cap again at some point.

11. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

And the conclusion to the most lackluster "Tier 1" Update.

12. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

Im still expecting 5th job to be hyper skills v2.0. Rather than giving us a whole new skill set, they will just do things like adding 10% more damage to x skill once you reach x level.

For example: At level 210 Xenon gets 10% more damage on fuzzylob & Dual bladers gain 20% more ignore def while final cut is active. Not too overpowered (since the bonus dmg will probably work like reinforce) and not 100% useless either.
    But I guess it has to be something crazy like 50% more total dmg while final cut is active for people to actually level, my friends wont even level to 210 when their job have a lvl 3 link skill.

13. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

If that were the case, it could've been released much sooner.
    The 5th job advancement will come out in 2014. It took the 4th job advancement approximately 6 months to be released in the public server from tespia. And I am positive that this will be the case with 5th job as well. Because you know, balance.

I think the winter update will be related to Masteria/Demian. Because there have been 4 chapters of Demian's backstory published on the homepage.

14. Can of Soup Straight Male
    venezuela

If 5th job will be tested for that long, then It is kinda logical to think that the winter update will be final Cyngus knights revamps (there go 2 patches) and the last one will be Dawnveil/Masteria. Other option is an expansion to the Grandis storyline with the other races showing up and the new Nova Heroes. There are so many incomplete plots in MS right now: Damien, the dream Commander, Cygnus, Novas/Darmoor, The black mage, etc. Honestly, I want a Dimensional library update, I'd be happy with an update that brings like 20 chapters and not other content at all.

15. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

There is always the option that they will impale Kanna and Hayato to the main story... which i think wont happend but who knows

16. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

They could also be trashing ideas 1000 times in a row and go with more of a hyper skill idea. Just because they spend so much time to make it right, doesnt mean it will work out well. I dont even know what they could do to classes like xenon at this point.

I'd like to see them try, but I still will go with hyper skill v2.0. Maybe add some more cooldown skills that take 10000 years to cast which leads to instant death at magnus/chaos ra.

17. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

I still don't get why they announced the 5th job with RED when it was clearly nowhere near done.

18. Default Re: Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

To build hype?... maybe not that strong of hype, but it's still right there in the back of everyone's minds, which is what they want.

19. GLADIGATORS
    usa

Default Patch Available - KMS 1.2.203

FLY wasn't a "planned" update. Did you expect 5th job to be in any way related to the rushed piece of crap that is FLY?