1. Default Nexon's business is on the rise in Korea

More...

2. Default Re: Nexon's business is on the rise in Korea

It's happening...

3. Default Re: Nexon's business is on the rise in Korea

"Expecting change"

Riiiiiight. Maybe if they changed their image first and tried to clear the bad rep that they have surrounding themselves.

4. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Nexon's business is on the rise in Korea

Never played other Nexon games (apparently the Euro IP block is only lifted for MS), so for those who have... Do other Nexon games not have the same P2W crap MS has? Or maybe it's not P2W that is killing MS (in KOREA) but rather the lack of proper content (revamp cycle and new jobs). I mean there's been a few small dungeons but we're still waiting for another "leafre", a huge area with new training spots, 5th job, revamp (nerf) of potential system, etc.

5. Default Re: Nexon's business is on the rise in Korea

I played Combat Arms.
    It's not P2W.
    You can even use all the NX-weapons from other people when they drop it.
    I enjoyed it without spending a single dime, until the game got so pineappleed up that 80% was basically hacking and then I quit

6. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

Mabinogi no longer has an ip block for europeans Iirc. And I play Mabinogi and it doesn't feel as P2W as MS because there is so much things to do, it's true thst rebirth cards help a lot and so do pets in the lower levels but you get free transportation pets at the beginning, I'd say that there is a bit of P2W but just in a lower scale than in MS, My friend didn't waste money in the game and he was a top player until like 3 months ago when he quitted.

7. Deluxe Refrigerator Straight Male
    IGN: Blackraven16
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 176
    Job: Fire/Posion
    Guild: Osomga
    usa

mabi has been going away from p2w for a while and with the somewhat recent addition of innovatory plus free perm for everyone selling your stuff got easyer because now everyone can set up stores

8. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

>Gamasutra
    Oh boy I hope Ramin Shokrizade makes some comments on this.

9. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

Well I mean DOTA is in the hands of Nexon in Korea so this isn't surprising.

10. Default Re: Nexon's business is on the rise in Korea

Just keep pushing that Fifa game Nexon.

11. Default Re: Nexon's business is on the rise in Korea

The difference is you can do the mabi version of cubing, but it's up front immediately the degree of rip off involved in it and how expensive and astronomical that rip off is, and it's so very not necessary for anything that there's no pressure that you have to do it or not be able to compete. Also helps that it's not designed to bes a competition either. It's much more spread between coop content and solo content, and half the time you need a party no one has control of what they're doing anyway so it's less about how super awesome they are as a char and more about how well they can adapt to whatever they're going to have to do. Built in mission scaling helps a ton too.

12. Default Re: Nexon's business is on the rise in Korea

I played Combat Arms from closed beta to a few months after official release. I vaguely remember weapons expiring unless you bought them for NX, and they reduced grenades from 2 to 1 if you don't buy the NX grenade expansion.

13. Default Re: Nexon's business is on the rise in Korea

Yea all weapons expired.
    But every game you gain money and I always gained more than what I needed to get the weapon I wanted again before it expired.
    I'm just saying that the game was still fair even without NX IMO