IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Guerrilla event

This is in our "Star" event quests today:

Accepting it gives you a 30% off coupon that expires in a day hour.

Not a word about it in either Update Notes or Event list. No idea how long you have to claim the coupon, or what the rest of the event (if there is any) offers.
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2013-11-07 at 07:46 AM.

2. Default Re: Guerrilla event

This must be for just certain players. I don't see it on my main account or on a mule account.
    Or maybe there's some hidden criteria, like being logged on for some period or some such.
    Maybe the name is a clue.

3. Default Re: Guerrilla event

Guerrilla warfare is based on tactics based on surprise, like ambushes. The connotation, that is, the meaning of the word that most people associate with it, rather than it's technical definition, of guerrilla is more one of "surprise" than "war".

4. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: Guerrilla event

So this event was/is indeed clandestine and quickly withdrawn. The characters I didn't accept it on (hit "esc") don't see it anymore, and new accounts I log in aren't getting it either. I don't know whether it was meant to be this limited in time, or was incorrectly activated today, or was intentionally a one-time chance for very specific accounts, or what. Ninja strike.

5. Default Re: Guerrilla event

Okay, I checked the quest info for this one, and there's 7 Guerrilla event quests, from 11/1 to 11/7, but the duration of the quest is only for each individual day, and only from 2:00 AM to 3:01 AM server time. The only other requirement I see on our end is that you have to be over level 13.

Oh, and under quest info for the quest helper window strings, it even says "You can only get this between #r2:00 AM and 3:00 AM#k.", so the 2:00AM to 3:00AM thing is definitely intended.

Sigh. I remembered seeing this, but I didn't say anything because I didn't realize the terms of the event, and today was the last day too.

6. Default Re: Guerrilla event

People reported this starting last Friday, too. So I guess this explains that. However at that time, it was thought to be a "Spend NX, Get A Discount" event, since that was one of the observed requirements for activation.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

Thank you. Very sneaky of them. Wonder why they did this?
    Also, this "quest info", where is it supposed to appear? Because that's not the text I got (see screenshot).

Too bad that wasn't posted on Southperry back then. I'm sure someone could have benefitted.

8. Default Re: Guerrilla event

Well, with my sneaky edits, it's actually supposed to appear in the Quest Window, but I don't think stuff like this usually shows up in Quest Helper, but what's odd is, there's no text under the data that dictates textbox dialogue (well, I think it's odd, there's actually a bunch of quests that have -NONE- strings in there).

9. Default Re: Guerrilla event

I confirm the narrow time window to get this quest, and the coupon expires around 1 hour after. Also you can't use it on cubes.

10. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

How weird.
    One wonders if it was even an approved event or a dev just kinda snuck it in last-minute.

11. Default Re: Guerrilla event

This could have come in handy when I came 'round to purchasing the perma battle mage box. ._.

I really hope this did indeed benefit whoever got a chance to get at this event. I read a few threads of it on basil a few days ago, but few of posters gave specifics as to how the event triggered for them that I didn't pay much attention.

Edit: Approved or not, I have to give the people who write in these events credit for doing something nice for the players while risking their heads from the NA higher ups.

12. Default Re: Guerrilla event

At least it's not one of those 90% off things that everyone missed.

13. Default Re: Guerrilla event

What a stupid time frame to give out something. Not like I have an urgent need for anything from the CS right now anyway, since it can't be used on Cubes.

14. Default Re: Guerrilla event

I got this pop up a little while ago, some time after Halloween, and I used the coupon on a pack of Memory Cubes. Can't remember the exact date but it was at least 3-4 days ago.

Checked purchase history:

Nov 3, 2013 MapleStory-Memory Cube (11) 24,500

15. Default Re: Guerrilla event

Weird, I wanted to use it on super cubes but it wasn't usable on them, and neither on normal cubes

16. Default Re: Guerrilla event

They probably forgot to add Memory cubes to the excluded list, since they're sold so rarely. They're also not worth the money at all