Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [In Progress] [Updated] Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

1. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

It says AP reset on the website so they must have edited it.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

Awesome!
    Everybody, claim the box on all your accounts please. Make this one the one that's repeated on the last day.

3. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

I almost forgot about getting it on my second account, thanks for the reminder.

4. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

this is a god-sent to me T_T thanks nexooooooooon T_T

5. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

awwwww yeaaaah *logs all le mules*

6. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

Would it really work that way? My understanding was that the last day would choose a past day's rewards at random.

Nexon's poor explanation be damned.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon

The in-game text on the boxes says that on the last day you'd get the reward "you got the most of". The conclusion we reached for the last set of Hot Days was that the "you" was plural, meaning all users. Otherwise it makes no sense. Obviously you can't get more than one of each box. Also, everybody got the same box on the last day.

I think the updated text on the Update Notes doesn't exactly say that because they are not certain what the devs coded in and they don't want to be held responsible if they get it wrong again.

8. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

Well that's cool. I've been needing more Set-Up slots, and more Equip slots certainly doesn't hurt either.

9. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

I cant believe I'm missing out on free stuff, I haven't been able to play MapleStory in over a month.

10. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

Hm, it just occurred to me how are we going to get the box from last week along with the one from tomorrow because if we're getting both things at the same time... pineapple!
    I really want the slot cupons on my main but I don't want another useless(for my main) medal. T-T

11. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

SP Reset.

Ah well, at least we got another RED Ticket and Black Friday Coin.

Also, the Hot Day boxes from two weeks ago are packaged separately.

Edit: Patch notes don't state that the October 26th box has the Halloweenster medal. Accidentally accepted it on the wrong character

12. Neutron

IGN: shootDaFokUp
    Server: Scania
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannon Master
    Guild: BlackRose

There is one box that I can't open and I have no idea what is it inside.
    I do have 8 empty slots in each tab.
    That is from one of the Octobers, any idea what I should do?

EDIT: Figured out it was the Halloweenster medal (26th) making me unable to open the box, what I did, drop the old one and then I can open.

13. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

Totally forgot that the medal was in the 10-26 box, well I guess my evan will make good use of it(wanted it on my hayato but he's OP so he should be fine).

14. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

hmm i was hoping for the slot coupons again. another sp reset lol

i see they changed the stated reward to

15. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

Hrm, not sure which of the previous hot day rewards are worthwhile... I guess there's always RED tickets to make it worth opening them.

Mostly bothered cause my USE space is permanently overflowing with vaguely-useful stuff like the potential carvers, mystery recipes, etc. that I can't use at the moment.

16. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

I much prefer the Inv slots than the char slots since i'm maxed out anyway. But i think that's still 3 free character slots that will be given out over this event alone? Plus another 2 from the past one or so and the grand abused attendance slot that was pretty much unlimited, guess they want you make as much characters as possible then fund them all with NX lol. The have given out quite alot in the past few months.

Makes alot more sense than making people pay for character.

1) Free character Slot.
    2) New potential interest in a class simply because it's available.
    3) Urge to spend NX due to revelation of class awesomeness.
    4)...
    5)...Profit!

17. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

Sorta shaky logic because I doubt people would spend any substantial amount of nx on a character that isn't their main (at least I wouldn't), but its still a valid point in the long term imo.

Makes good room for link skill mules though.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

Maybe you'll like the new char enough to main it?
    Or maybe you'll just buy it a couple 2x cards to be done with it faster?
    Either way a character is an opportunity to spend NX, and costs Nexon nothing.

What I don't understand is why we even have a limit on characters per account. Why not let a person buy 50 slots if they want to?

19. Default Re: Hot Week: 11/6 – 11/12

Probably just silly DB design.

Like, the account table has a column for each character slot, instead of the characters table pointing at the account id, or something

idloginpasswordcharacter1character2character3...
    1275Exampledudepassword123HeroPaladinDragon...
    1276TriumphqwertyasdfPukeHairyGrass...

I'd agree it's silly to have a limit though, winds up that free slots fill it up quick enough buying them is pointless.