Job: Gear 2nd Pirate
    Guild: Virtues
    Alliance: NARs

Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

How to kill this game from the very beginning:

-Cubes/Potential
    -Non account-wide Cash Shop
    -Bosses that can't be beaten with casual/low-tier gear

I think that's all that greatly plagues Maplestory 1 so much. Anything else I'm missing that's heavily related to Pay2Win?

2. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

We shall form the Order of the Dark Knights!(assuming its a darkknightish weapon)

3. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

I see money in buying anything like cubes and I'm out. I'm sorry but those things and many other things have just kept me away from maple for the past two months. and I'm not talking about distractions. I will judge this harshly.

4. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Vindictus isn't Mabinogi 2. Vindictus is Mabinogi Heroes. Mabinogi 2 isn't out yet.

The name change for western countries is pretty clear: Mabinogi is a cutesy anime style game much like Maple, while Vindictus is a violent and realistic game. (Although with some of Mabinogi "cutesy" touches. Such as one NPC being a cat in a cloak.) However, both games are connected by plot. Vindictus takes place thousands of years before Mabinogi.

Mabinogi 2 is more similar to Vindictus than Mabinogi though. Wonder if they'll change the name for that one when it comes over here as well.

I don't know how well Mabinogi NA does, but apparently it has a small playerbase, but it's extremely devoted and pays enough to warrant Nexon NA not only keeping it up, but keeping it well updated. It was even closer to its KR version than GMS to KMS at one point. EU Mabinogi shut down though.

NA Vindictus is doing well. EU Vindictus I don't know, but it's still up, and sometimes gets updates before NA.

As for South Korea:

http://www.gamenote.com/rank_ongame/?search_mode=weekly

(Hover the mouse over the game name and it'll show you the link to the website so you can see what game it is.)

For the week of 10/28-11/03 2013, in terms of activity, Mabinogi is #60 (Right below Ragnarok Online. Wow. Hard to believe that's still alive.) while Mabinogi Heroes is #27.

Maple Story is #17 by the way, right below Starcraft 2.

#1, of course, is League of Legends. Has been #1 for quite some time now.

5. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Is it 3D as in Ragnarok 2? Or "3D" as in Ragnarok 1?

I'm not sure how feel about a FULL 3D maple :s

6. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Hm. I have very mixed feelings on the Full 3D MMORPG bit.

I guess it COULD be done well, but still eh.

The 2D anime-ish style of MapleStory is a huge part of it's uniqueness and charm.

7. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

It'll have orbs. :b

8. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

> Yay for MS2
    > "Introducing the Potential System!"

But seriously . If it isn't P2W then I'm actually considering moving.

9. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Honestly excited to see how this goes. Kind of done with the current version myself.

10. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Whoa. Is this a brand new separate game from the current one?

Yea, so, like many have said, I will consider playing this if it's not pay2win. If I ever see potential system rubbish in that new game, sorry I'm out

11. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

No game starts out as pay2win, it may later on. If they do pay2play and the game is solid I wouldn't mind that, but obviously not looking forward to playing a game that requires 3K+ to be decent like the current version is.

12. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

If the game is 3d but 2d like Elsword is, I think it'll look awesome. I wanna dragon strike baddies with my 3d dragon strike. Of doom.

But yea, as long as there's none of that p2w crap then this would be a cool fresh start.

However, it being nexon is making me think it'll end up badly.

Nah, they got it.

I think.

Unless they don't.

Meh, I'll try to have a little faith.

Just a little.

Like this much

13. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

i'm.. conflicted. the art is really cute though

also who is that girl she looks empress-y that better not be cygnus' descendant
    maybe someone related to aria/cygnus (mother?)? i don't even know

edit: apparently it takes place before maplestory 1.
    Last edited by Pink Bean; 2013-11-05 at 10:56 PM.

14. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

This should be a sequel, If we use MS1's logic, Monsters were a lot stronger in the past (Ellin Forest for example or phantom/Mercedes's comments). So, That Empress maybe isn't cygnus or is an older version of herself. So, maybe this is after the Black Mage is defeated or are they going to use the same plot for this game.

15. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

It's AIDS, part 2!

16. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

this is also a chance for the MS2 team to make a working PVP mode in game on the get go, as the original game's design was not suited for actual pvp combat.

17. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

pomegranate...

I'm really not sure how I feel about this. I've never liked 3D games and I just don't get how this is going to work? I guess we'll have to wait and see...but if it takes off, well, we can expect at swift death for MapleStory 1, which although many people might be happy about, I for one, am not too sure I'd be up for.

18. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Is anyone even left to migrate to the sequel? Over the years Nexon has frustrated so many of their customers -- I'm amazed anyone's willing to give a sequel a shot, especially when it differs so much from everything that made the original so appealing.

I don't know; I'm not hyped for this at all.

Also, ten bucks says this is why Ms1 has gotten steadily pomegranatetier with each patch. It's two separate games, yeah, and you have a choice about which one you can play, sure, but they're really stacking the deck in the sequel's favor. The sequel, like most of Nexon's titles at launch, won't have a bunch of pay2win garbage at first. It won't show any signs of lazy development work (crap stacked on more crap, causing glitches and problems later on) since it'll be new. It'll look shiny. It'll kill its predecessor. And once you've all migrated and started fresh, and they've pulled the plug on MS1 for good, Nexon will pull the same bullpomegranate all over again with MS2.

19. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Will it play like WoW or will it play like vindictus?

If it plays like Vindictus, I won't bother.