Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1467
  1. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Regardless of the slowly creeping p2w elements, I hope they bring the game over to the west soon.

2. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

What bryan said here is completely true, but that all depends on your RNG. It might get you a +12 or completely nothing, I've blown x'ed around 200~300m worth of raw mesos the last 7 days and managed to get nothing good out of it.

Even with the p2gamble and the p2w with merit -> mesos (For example; A single +12 is now going for around 300m mesos <-> 15~16K Merit which is 160$), this game will still remain far less forgiving when it comes to being bad than comparing it to MS1. You will still die and do pomegranate DPS if you're pomegranate. I mean, without spending billions you won't even get enough +13's to theoretically get a chance for getting a +14 (13% chance)

The real problem will come when they lock out people with bosses that have very hard DPS checks, which directly require people needing higher weapons than +12's, and thus spend merit to get there, but then again all RNG. At the moment you can do every boss quite easily with a +11/+12 T3 or +10 Balrog.

3. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Can I get a link to the list?

4. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=154239

5. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

So did this game die or something I stopped hearing about it.

6. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

It sure isn't doing well as intended. Last news I heard was that new job, Rune Blader or something.

7. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Any reason for it not doing well?

8. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

A lot of the English community quit because of how casual the game is. Equipment/upgrade system is trash (seriously, they could have done so much better). Actual content is very slow. Little to no skill is involved in any boss fights - they are pretty much all DPS races. Damage comes solely from weapon enhancement, which is 110% luck.
    There was basically no economy until rather recently, when they started allowing certain equipment to be traded.
    Rumor is another class is already being planned.

I personally don't think we'll ever see a version for NA.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

RIP my hopes and dreams.

10. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

As someone who works too much to really invest in an MMO, i'd have been perfectly fine with all of those flaws just for the charming content creation. I'm really hoping they still bring it over and market the customizable housing and fashion system for our version and try to aim for that social game demographic.

11. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Well there is this but idk if this means really anything since it's an old news update. Things could have changed.

http://www.etnews.com/20151030000229?nxid=6

Basically it says that they are indeed going to bring MS2 over to NA and other places by the end of 2016. This was posted last year. Guess we just have to wait and see. I personally would still play MS2 even if it was more casual. The time I played in KMS2 I found it fun. Just didn't continue to play it due to the language barrier.

12. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Alot of things have changed in the meantime, regarding organisations, but also game popularity. They have tried to change stuff a lot since then, and most of them are for the worse imo (RNGfest and 2casual) Don't get me wrong. It's still a decent game in the pure basics, especially for new people, since they made leveling a breeze with the latest changes. It just really needs more and better content for both playerbases (Hardcore / Casual) in a consistent manner to really survive. Last real content patch was November and we're finally getting another one next week (5/26), now that's a dire situation.

13. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Maplestory2 facebook posts are already hinting at another class (possibly two more?).

----------------------------

The big update on 5/26 was a new boss - nutaman(?)

This is currently the strongest guy in the game afaik, +15 (only one in the game) and +13 star assassin.

The game is still moving along but it's not improving much.

14. Can of Soup Male
    IGN: LunaMimosa
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 134
    Job: OP Elf Queen
    Guild: Some no-name guild
    Alliance: Read above.

Do you guys have any reccommendations on active streamers/content uploaders for MS 2? Feels like the sources i had over the last year have really slowed down on covering the game and i'd like to see more of regular play/current endgame activities.

I'd also like to see more videos of the housing and fashion system as well.

15. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Dude that looks like Zakum on crack, I love it.

Man, I really wish they'd just announce this games localization already. I know there is an English Patch for MS2, but the split-second lag between hitting mobs and dodging attacks and the overall language barrier is just too crippling...but the game itself is so fun.

16. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Maplestory 2 was released one year ago today! 07/07/15 ~

Couple of recent highlights:

Last weeks' patch raised the current level cap to 99 (from 50). There have been two bug fix patches since then, both including a nerf to different training methods (spamming certain dungeons). Nexon wants these levels to take a while and people were leveling too fast. I believe the highest player is currently ~70.
    Accessories were revamped - higher drop rates from dungeons, better stats, and rings/earrings/necklaces now have a 'socket' system (kind of like nebulites but not really) - up to three slots can be unlocked and gems can be placed in them. This was an enormously needed change to gear progression/upgrades. This also provides an additional way to make money, as it takes a lot of farming (in a party!) to get the materials required to upgrade gems (level 1~10). The gems can be sold, but the upgrade materials cannot.
    A talent system was introduced. You gain points for levels past 50 (plus an additional 10 points to start) for bonus attributes - seen here. This is almost guaranteed to be expanded upon.

Over the coming month, two new classes will be released (Striker and Soul Binder).

17. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Wish NA would get an announcement for this dang thing already.

18. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Wow a year already, Though I quitted on xmas after wt'fast became pay2use. Is there any other (free cause my country sux) program that works like wt'fast?

19. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Mudfish. It costs $3 to load it up but only uses $1 a month. It's ridiculously good too.

20. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Sadly I earn 15$ per month haha. But hey thanks!