Page 60 of 74 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 1467
  1. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

so it may be less like Maplestory and more like Cube World?

2. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

I greatly approve of this.

3. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

After watching a few videos, I have to say that the gameplay looks similar to Diablo 3. Namely how you blow through SP quickly then have to use weaker skills to gain it back. Like D3's "primary skills".

My main gripe would be that the movement speed is fairly slow.

4. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

oh my GOD

The more videos I watch of MS2 the more I want to play it. Regular mobs doing a ton of damage? Bosses 2HKOing? And I already stressed this, but the transition from 2D to 3D worked so well with the 3D format they chose. I'M SO EXCITED

5. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Well you can increase movement speed through items or something along those lines.
    That and there is a reason why we they have mounts as well.

6. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

And there are a few skills (especially assassins & mages) that allow you to move faster. For traveling long distances you can use the Taxi system.

It looks really good... I'm really interested to learn how to leveling curve is going to feel. So far the alpha has a max level limit of 25 and it seems in the first 4hours of alpha that highest level was 15. 4hours to 15 seems quite slow, especially compared to now. I don't mind leveling taking a long time, I just don't want the game to "end" once you hit level cap. So far it seems questing is quite essential to leveling, but I wonder if it'll be a mix of quest+ grinding on monsters. I think most maplers are used to grinding for their levels so it will be a bit of a change to suddenly have to start quest grinding.

7. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

4 hours to level 15 doesn't seem that bad. Granted it is Alpha so lots of stuff can, and will, change, and no one even knows the ins and outs of the game yet so there's loads of room for optimization.

8. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Yeah, the tutorial seems pretty dragged out. Taking a few minutes just to instruct you on how to move left and right.

If most players were doing that, then they weren't busy trying to find the optimal leveling spots and such. Not to mention it seems to take longer to kill mobs compared to MS1 since you can't just spam potions to keep spamming skills. They burn through MP fast then you're forced to use weaker skills/normal attacks to build SP back up. None of the videos I've seen even shown SP recovery items.

9. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Any idea what the planned max level is? I don't know how job advancements work. But it seems like the game strays a bit from the grind that 2005-2008 MS1 had, so I don't expect it to take like a year to get to 70 like I did back then.

That being said I wouldn't mind grinding in this game, as long as it doesn't involve running around a map and pressing the same few buttons without really thinking. Diablo style grinding/farming and PQ-heavy stuff, or really anything that's at least mentally engaging, would be nice.

10. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Hey guys, I'm sure some of you have been waiting for the OST/BGM for MapleStory2. I'll be uploading them over the next couple of hours, so be sure to pop by the only other thread in this forum and give it a couple of refreshes.

@Fiel; thanks for making this possible and for providing all of the tracks from the client. You're awesome! =)

Here's a handy playlist that I'll be filling up as we go along: link

The beginning of the musical journey
    Last edited by Slip; 2014-09-18 at 09:38 PM.

11. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Right now I'm working with Locked on an unpacker for him. The data works much better with C++ libraries than Python.

After we figure more out about how the data works, then we can begin piecing everything together.

12. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Okay, once you're done with that please answer the question that's been on the back of my mind for years:

DID CODY FINISH HIS THEME PARK?

13. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Fairly sure he was gutted from the game.

Doing a CTRL+F for 코디 in the npcName.xml file yields no results.

14. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

@Zelkova; you were wanting these, right?

15. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Oh my god, you guys are providing EXTREMELY FRESH INFORMATIONS!!
    Thanks a lot :D

Want to decrypt music files too :P anyone knows the key point ??

16. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Terry Crews in a da house. I'm sorry, but I didn't have enough meso to buy the mask.

17. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Andy the time traveller from Neo City makes an appearance in this game haha.

18. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Seems appropriate.

19. Default Re: MapleStory 2, welcome.

Looks like we already have cosplay of hatsune miku in the game.