Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Profession System [Post RED]

Hello guys, well i wanted to ask a few things since ive been surfing the forums and cant see anyone talking about this already..

After RED how does the Profession system work? I mean i know we will be able to have Herbalism and Mining at the same time, but what about the other three? whats better to keep on lv12? Or i can have 2 of them too?.. How hard is to stay on lv12? How hard is to get all the new profession items from herbalism/mining? Or even bossing (not really problem with bossing though).. Also all the face accesorys will have slots+potential? Or there will be some new ones.. Im pretty sure i saw someone crafting lv80 faces and many of them had potential.. I would like to craft a special face acc (5+ att/matt) from a recipe that i found, but it will have slot/pot after RED?

Im looking foward this patch cause im after some items, accesorys and potions.. But nobody really talks about this :/

Thanks in advance! :D

2. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

Yeah there's 3rd tier face or eye or both, idk details.

psokable I believe

3. Neutron Bi Male
    IGN: Aversa
    Server: Fleta
    Level: ---
    Job: I Break Wind
    Guild: Noxus
    Alliance: SWAG(filler name)
    canada

Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

I'm making a guide for this actually
    Spoiler

I'll answer the questions you laid out so far.

Yes, Herb and mining can be learned together but Alchemy, Smithing and Jewelist will stay the same and stay separate.

Honestly Alchemy is the best choice for your main character because of it's advantages like dual pot use, fusing, disassembling, making awesome potions etc.
    So in my opinion Alchemy

Depends on profession, Alchemists are the most easy and doesn't require powders or crystals to keep while Jewelists will have to use up a dark crystal each day

I think the herb and mining cooldown has been lowered "it's a 3 second cd in KMS for me" but honestly the difficulty isn't that hard you just gotta now put a tiny bit of effort now.
    "I suggest you stock up on Dark Crystals & Advanced Monster Crystals for Jewelists and Black Powders for Alchemists and Smithing" Smithing should use purple powders to get to 12 though.

Not all, just the new ones.

The Effects of being Master Jewelist and Alchemist is so pwetty :3

4. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

Just curious... Are the personality trait exp bonuses when leveling your profession still present? Even past lv 10? Like empathy and dilligence and the likes.

5. Neutron Bi Male
    canada

Yeah, I got 2080 Diligence getting to level 11 alchemy "Artisian rank"

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Good god.

You can't use profession coupons past level 10 right? Gonna be easier farming empathy and insight now.

7. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

Even if you could you don't get traits for coupons.

8. Can of Soup Straight Male
    IGN: chicoran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Aran IV
    Guild: Risk
    Alliance: Bastion
    venezuela

How hard are cubes to make?.

9. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

How long does it take to go back from 11/12 to 10? Thinking of farming only 10->11->12 for empathy/insight

10. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

You mean I can finally learn Mining in addition to my Herbalism and Alchemy? And max Insight at last? That sounds good.

11. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

Instead of alchemy
    Last edited by Collofit; 2013-11-05 at 10:48 AM. Reason: I was wrong

12. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

It'd take a while though, no more fatigue pots in the shop. I think they possibly still work, so if you stock up, that might help. When I checked just now, they no longer sell the first 4 levels worth of ores and plants, though.

Yeah, you can get both Mining and Herbalism and one of the other three.

13. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

So farming is actually impossible then. Time to make as many mules/cannoneers as i can and fill them with fatigue pots and plants to max them both.

14. Neutron Bi Male
    canada

Fatigue Potions will have cooldown on them and recipes that give exp at level 10 *level 8 and higher* and level 11 *level 9 and higher* will have a cooldown of 5 minutes

and @Collofit i'm not sure I'm not willing to test out how fast the bar depletes xD but I think each consecutive day of not making anything will make the depletion larger i'll ask my friends to completely confirm that.

Also every hour relieves 20 fatigue so it's not that bad.

Jewelist is the fastest to get to master rank "12" but most expensive to maintain
    Alchemy would be the slowest but easiest and cheapest to maintain
    Smithing I honestly can't say anything about this... I just can't like sure you could craft cubes but seriously the server actually announces people that creates a cube or picks one up
    Last edited by Imaginal; 2013-11-05 at 11:27 AM. Reason: car -> bar "lol"

15. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

So the recipe of Special 130 item 5 att/matt will be useless still? Are there any other 130 faces? Thnks for the reply though

16. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

? Insight cannot be obtained by lvling mining, that part only gives willpower

And it wont be easier, it will be 10 times harder for empathy part (same speed for insight) The cooldown on fatigue potions should be more than 3 min (I've been told) and it will only reset 30 fatigue, this destroys the ability to go from lvl 1 to 10 within 1 hour, you will be doing it for 5h+ at least just for one time.

17. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

You need the old ones to make the new ones; they're upgrades.

For what it's worth, there's this (shamless self-promotion), for the new recipes and what not.

I haven't updated it in a while, but I think it should mostly be correct still, just lacks the Zero equip set recipes as far as I know.

18. Neutron Bi Male
    canada

Well as you can see here "i will explain" you can make 130 face accessories and using master rank to upgrade them to make them able to have potential and slots
    although for leveling it's best to make level 80 face accessories then at artisian rank "level 11" upgrade the face accessories because they give 5324exp each

I don't see any upgrades for a 130 face with 5attkmattk though o-o

19. Neutron Bi Male
    canada

It's a 30 minute cooldown but yeah it's not really hard.
    Alchemy makes up it's somewhat tedious journey to Master Rank by it's practically free way to keep it
    and Jewelist lol it's like alcohol taking the fast way to happiness then later on your left with something unpleasant :D "i think that's a bad analogy"

20. Default Re: Profession System [Post RED]

So theres really no use for stocking fatigue potions, in fact I rather stock the 50 fatigues than 30 if I bother to stock them.