Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default making bosses better, how could it be done?

personally I think it just might be neat if the timer worked differently. the faster the clear, the bigger your drop multiplier, with no time out kick.

it'd both reward highly funded players as well as bossing groups.

drop multiplier will never dip below 1x however, because punishing people for working hard is the last thing anyone wants.

sorry for the lack of punctuation and capitals blah blah, on cell phone.

2. Lazy Mathematician Female
    IGN: MsJudith
    Server: Windia
    Level: 130
    Job: aran
    Guild: n/a
    Alliance: n/a
    California

Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

capital idea chap.

Allow the people who spend massive amounts of nx to get more boss drops to make more mesos and get even further ahead of those who don't like to spend hundreds on the game.

3. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

I doubt it'd work. Unfunded people could take like 5 hours trying to beat it.

That's not an improvement. That's tyring. Stop looking at the game as a way to get drops. Look at it as a way to get entertainment.

Root abyss was a step in the right direction.

4. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

Shouldn't you still be raging about being falsely banned?

5. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

We don't need more "Win more" options in a game that already has a massive "Win more" system called Potential.

6. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

I still say RA was a great way to design bosses.

Sure chaos mode bosses...okay yea that part of them is pretty bad.

But the normal mode ones that are designed are pretty cool. Like how von bon's moves are lethal yet avoidable by timing.
    Also pierie's hat tricks and transformations were awesome.
    Queens switchs keep people on their toes [and unlike damage reflect THEY DO A NICE MESSAGE OF TELLING WHAT FORM IT IS]
    Vellum is a peach and I hate him. >_>

7. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

I was never raging?
    I love the game, but I don't particularly like the company behind it.

I find their business practices unethical and immoral, but the game is still the adorable pixel platformer I fell in love with years ago.

Also I got unbanned.

8. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

Basically all you just said. Plus, there's a downer when I party with overfunded players. It's like "ok, now I'll have to focus on the white and black clocks, use flash jump wisely, and be aware of..." *partner kills in 3 hits* "...that was... fun?"

I know this game is all about growing as a player, but that's just silly.

9. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

we already have instanced drops though, don't we?

a group of moderately funded people taking out a boss the same rate at which an insanely funded person could and getting rewarded equally for their effort doesn't sound like a bad idea to me.

10. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

What would the drop rate be for killing the monster in 5 seconds? Because funded players would do that afterwards. And believe me, bosses will surely get boosted to that standard afterwards.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Sorry to break it to you.

It's still KMS only. If it's in other versions it 100% isn't in GMS.

12. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=69494

I just find it hilarious how it's this perspective when your candy is taken away, but once its given back, oh it's just the company i dislike, the game is still fine.

lmfao

13. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

do you exist solely to be a giant cock to everyone whenever you see a chance to score a hit, because that's all I ever see you do.

14. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

Yes, let's reward overfunded players even more by giving them even higher drop rates!

15. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

That and give things away when I feel like it. Doesn't make my point any less valid and you should probably see some therapy about your clear addiction

16. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

This would fix nothing.

That's it.

17. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

@KhainiWest@MuscleWizard get a room

18. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

There was 3 posts concerning this and you felt it was necessary to post this? I'm sure you'll be in the same boat as him once your account is unbanned and I'll be just as quick to call you out about it.

19. Brick Male
    IGN: ZeroCA
    Server: Windia
    Level: 21x
    Job: Zero
    Guild: EssentiaI
    Alliance: N/A
    Farm: ReneMule
    usa

How about make them pre-unleashed?

No one benefitted from unleashed except the megafunded whose bossing times went from 9 seconds to 3 seconds, while the unfunded went from, say, 30 min to "not even, bro" to bosses.

20. Default Re: making bosses better, how could it be done?

Yeah, I liked that patch where Dojo became impossible for all but the most funded characters...

Nobody's gonna party for bosses if there's nothing to be gained from it. It used to be that you needed bigger parties to get out the DPS; and the rewards were worth valuable splits; now you just need more %boss on your pimped out character, because adding 30% boss to a char with 1200 w.atk does a lot more than bringing half a dozen more players with normal equips.

There are the classes that can handle a pot-lock seducing 50% hp attack boss, and those that can't - and if you can't, you don't contribute to the party.