1. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Black Friday

This dialog pops up when you log in today, or change channel if you're already logged in.
    Note that it does not ask you whether you want the coin on that character, and there is no "end chat" button either. Clicking Next gives you the coin.
    If you want the coin on another char, you need to forcibly close the client.

Also:
    The Update Notes say only one char can receive the daily coin, but says nothing about the shop being one per account.
    The in-game dialog says "Only one character per account can participate in the Black Friday event", which seems to imply only one char will be able to use the shop.
    (The in-game dialog also looks like the coin is given once in the entire period, like the Power Growth potion.
    Contrast and compare

I guess we will find out tomorrow whether that is the case or not).

Discuss?
    Last edited by SaptaZapta; 2013-11-06 at 04:02 AM.

2. Default Re: Black Friday

When you compare the two text boxes, it definitely looks like the Black Friday Coin will be a one-off thing (the Black Friday one is horribly designed...).

Logic dictates that it should be one coin per day of the event period, especially since getting a costume gave 2 Black Friday Coins, and you could do that on multiple characters on the same account, but this is Nexon we're talking about here. Time will tell.

I don't see any reason why they would restrict shop usage to one character per account, though.

3. Orbital Bee Cannon

Default Re: Black Friday

Well, the coins are being given out daily.

4. Default Re: Black Friday

I got coins on 2 different chars on my account. 1 yesterday on main 1 today on mule.

5. Default Re: Black Friday

Black Friday coins are also dropping from regular monsters at a low rate. I got 2 from doing the Museum Event yesterday on 2x drop + Greed Pendant.

6. Default Re: Black Friday

Confirming, got one at Cellions (in about 2 hours, so pretty low rate)

7. Default Re: Black Friday

Lower level chars gets more Black Friday coins since low levle mobs has higher rate.

Got with my Kanna from lvl 10 to lvl 45 like 12 coins. All of them in 3 hours.

8. Default Re: Black Friday

This event pineappleing blows. The shop is a complete ripoff.

Look at this crap... Seriously Nexon? 90 coins for the scrolls? By their logic, that's 90k NX since you get 1 coin per 1k NX you spend. Coins are not farmable by ANY means, and that's just the icing on the cake...

What. The pineapple. Were they THINKING?

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

I was wondering whether it was just my laziness that led me to having no more than 50-ish coins per char (getting Halloween costumes every day while those were available, all Hot Day boxes that had a coin, and now the daily login coins).
    I read that the coins drop from monsters at an extremely low rate... so I guess botters will be able to actually get the good stuff from this shop.
    Is there really no other way to farm coins, other than NX?

On the plus side, the shop seems like a normal shop, all items available all the time. Hopefully there are no "Black Friday" type "out of stock" tricks later down the line.

10. Default Re: Black Friday

11. Default Re: Black Friday

If I knew I wouldn't even bother logging in every char for the halloween costume coins

12. Default Re: Black Friday

Starting from the 14th, there's going to be pzak events that give black friday coins (hopefully a decent amount). You could also get black friday coins from the Halloween boxes at a low rate. I would've preferred if the prices were a bit lower, but I'll reserve judgment until I find out how many coins pzak gives.

13. Neutron Male
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: Merc/Phantom
    Guild: Intensity
    Alliance: DreamHome
    Farm: Armadillo
    usa

There is a limit on some things (the two I ran into were on prots and shields).

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

What were the limits?

15. Default Re: Black Friday

Most of the items have a purchase limit of 2.

16. Default Re: Black Friday

Since we're talking about limits, here's the purchase limits:
    - Safety/Lucky Day/Protection Scroll <90 coins> 2 times
    - Clean Slate 10%(no boom) <40 coins> 5 times
    - Innocence 60% <10 coins> 10 times
    - Nebulite Box (1 day expiry) <75 coins> 2 times
    - Occult Cube (1 day expiry, Epic potential max) <90 coins> 3 times
    - Anything else that showed up in the Unleashed shop has the same coin price and same purchase limit

17. Default Re: Black Friday

Pretty much why i wasn't entustiastic about the black friday big spender event

18. Default Re: Black Friday

lol @ ^

Yeah, I'll eat my words a bit, but I still have every right to call bullpomegranate on this. At least the "big spender" event is labelled accordingly, and was outright advertised as a cash shop related event. This is just being sneaky and beating around the bush. Greed at its finest.

19. Default Re: Black Friday

Am I wrong, or does "Black Friday" imply that there's some sort of a deal/discount?

God forbid someone pays (essentially) $460 for an item that should be regularly obtainable in-game.

20. Default Re: Black Friday

Black Friday Day is an unnofficial holiday in the united states, where massive savings on items can be made, it happens the day after thanksgiving in the states so yea. Im calling nexon out on it being a "black friday" event, because it isn't saving you any money what so ever