3. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Second Chances

Several people last year got unbanned for charging the amount using an NX card in the amount held in question. I offered to do the same thing, ($30 for a sentimental account, not worth it, but what the hell), and e-mailed billingpp@nexon.net as requested. They then told me I was banned for scamming, which was odd considering I have screen shots of the original ban message I tried to use while logging in. I e-mailed them, they never wrote me back. Long story short, I know there is slim to no chance of getting that account back...and that's OK. But, hey, it doesn't mean I can't take a minute to write out a ticket just to see if I ever get lucky.

That being said, I figured I'd look just for the hell of it. It's not like I was expecting to be unbanned. Hell, that was 2006...

EDIT: Lol I just checked...I'm unbanned. WELL THEN.

EDIT #2: Unbanned and got 25,000 Maple Points. Holy...

EDIT #3: @Takebacker; I bet you feel er, well, you know ;)

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

i feel like laughing here, this is... ironic? i guess, it's hilariously terrible wither way, like a twist comedy ending to a 6-year-long tragedy that just kills the mood.

5. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

EXACTLY! I was banned July 2006 and it's now about to be November 2013...so that's over 7 years. I logged on the account, got a free level, and advanced to third job at level 62. It's just hilarious because I still have all my 'low dex equips' (sauna robe!), 12 sets of Tobi Stars, a 7 att work glove, and all this horribly scrolled DEX and LUK gear. This would have been great in 2007 before Big Bang, hell, even 2010/2011 it would've worked but now it's just, like you said, hilarious.

Do any quests give AP reset scrolls or will I have to wait til RED? Also...what the hell happened to Hermits/Night Lords LOL...this is somewhat er, disappointing.

6. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

It actually bothers me more that you mentioned and quoted me as if i wouldn't see it anyway, but congratulations i guess.

7. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

Thank you, good sir.

8. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

don-t forget the part where you offered to pay 30k, and ended up walking away with 25k instead.

so gratz, you won 25k nx by being unable to play an account for 7 years.

9. Default Re: Second Chances

Well @Savage; color me surprised, I would have assumed dead account too o_o

10. Acorn Overlord Male
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

New_Jersey

You also have to take into account the main character I have, an Assassin, is level 62 and have a 95 base DEX because low dex/dexless was the way to go then. It's a low level account, with its only perks being rare event equips from 2005-2006 (Tubes, Maple Bandanas, etc.) and sentimental value. Still, I'll take the free Maple Points (even though you can't gift) and an unbanned account over a banned one.

I was talking to a few people in-game...the gossip is they just unbanned everyone. I don't know if that's accurate, but I wouldn't be surprised. I assume people who just submitted tickets (perhaps recently?) which I happened to do which may explain the reason I was unbanned.

I'm just chalking it up to a fluke/luck.

11. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

They didn't unban everyone. @Satellite; posted he is still banned.

12. Default Re: Second Chances

well here's hoping I guess.
    back on the rankings woo woo

13. Default Re: Second Chances

Reading some of the posts here has my head scratching. There are only two firm options from Nexon's POV, and this is the Nexon way and it always has been: 1. Keep everyone banned (falsely banned players as well) 2. Unban everyone, the innocent and the annoying spammers/hackers. If those are the two options, then the second option is the obvious choice 10 times out of 10. You have to be selfish to think that bringing back a few annoying people back in game isn't worth the sacrifice of bringing back innocent players as well. I deal with those annoying types all the time unfortunately in Windia and it really doesn't matter what they say, easily ignorable.

I got some friends that are back now, the good definitely outweighs the bad on this little event. So thank you Nexon.

14. Default Re: Second Chances

I had a ton of hacker friends that had tons of accounts banned. It must be completely random. I don't think they actually choose any accounts by looking at him. But they may have done it 1 per IP address for the 25k maple points? The one account that got unbanned with maple points was a random botter account in leafre with like 25k maple leaves on it still lol. I could get more proof if aoo of them didn't quit.