IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Second Chances

I highly doubt most of these were done by GMs. We know from various sources that banning isn't (or at least didn't use to be) as simple as sweeping out everyone in sight, they need to have reason+evidence. I certainly can't think of any suspicious activity which would've occured while I had my character just standing there. It would've made a little more sense if I had been in a map with monsters but I wasn't. Besides, permanent Misconduct ban should be something that comes following several 7d/30d bans if their ban definitions are anything to take reference from. Not something you get out of the blue on an account with no previous ban history.

As a part-time henehoe it's hard not to. And there's a problem if you cannot leave a regular store in FM without the risk of getting permanently banned (significant part of these afk-bans happened in FM as well afterall).

It's hard to explain these bans to someone who wasn't affected, but as far as my case, the cases I know and the GM reactions for those unbanned go (no ban reason was given), these certainly seem like autobans.

EDIT:

Vast majority will be? Yep, because they know they false banned people.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

For FM, do like people do who are soliciting offers, and add a worthless item at high cost at the end of your shop. That way it will not sell out and you won't get kicked to FM entrance.

3. Donator Straight Female
    IGN: icephoenix21
    Server: Scania
    Level: 212
    Job: Bishop
    Guild: DremithCross
    Alliance: Evolution
    Farm: IcePhoenix
    canada

Ugh.

That explains the resurgence of this individual: http://www.basilmarket.com/forum/274...#comments_list

In this situation, I really think the bad outweighs the good :/

4. Default Re: Second Chances

They'll probably get him again, remember that all unbanned accounts are monitored.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Yeah, right.
    Because they didn't have the resources to check into all the ban appeal tickets they got, but they do have the resources to keep an eye on thousands of suspicious accounts.

6. Default Re: Second Chances

Yeah I know, but one does hope. By the way, that guy was trolling with that Basilmarket thread; he really didn't get unbanned. I think i saw him posting in that Second Chances thread begging for his account back (you can recognize his picture) so that Basilmarket thread icephoenix21 posted in this thread is most likely invalid.

7. Default Re: Second Chances

I'm deciding to stay off for a month or so after this update to avoid being affected by these hackers. Also not asking what I missed simply because I don't care. All these recent incidents have really been turning me away from this game (even though most happened a while ago).

8. Default Re: Second Chances

I originally read the title and entered, thinking that Nexon was once again asking for a "second chance" as it is apt to do whether explicitly or implicitly though their varied "Give us suggestions!" requests. I was interested in what amalgam of words they would use to create their pseudo-apology, because as we all know apologies are truly for the weak (and liable). I enter to get a chastising and a pseudo-pseudo-apology. Okay, that's cool, I guess, at least things go on, status quo. Nope.

It appears the "Select All" checkbox (or at least "Select Most") was ticked when choosing who to unban. Roundly, I reject the claim that "thousands" were innocently banned. I reject those that are coming back after being banned, for coming back if more than simply to hawk off all their merchandise. This is not the status quo, things were not great, but as with the post above me, I feel things got worse. But not for Nexon...

Visibly, this was definitely a good PR move, no doubt given the many people thanking Nexon or at least claiming unbanned "freedom" to continue the game they love. How many threads are we going to see where people complain about it? Probably none. So, I will tip my hat to the PR department, the positive-to-negative press ratio on this was too easy to resist and they made the best easiest move.

For many other players, things got worse; if not for the economy, at least the environment/community.

As an aside, while rambling:
    Spoiler

I don't rally against Nexon in every thread (it becomes annoying fellas), but for the first time in some time I've considered taking my money and applying it towards something else. My only limitation, my PC's specs. That, and I'm looking for a MMO Tactical RPG and maybe some chums to start off with.

It is quite a revelation to myself that something so innocuous, something commonplace that I've seen Nexon do so many times before, suddenly feels like a sharp slap-in-the-face. It makes me wonder how much resentment or denial some others are harboring.

9. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

*Not unbanned...*

What the pineapple Nexon? inb4 they got the "list of people not to unban" and "list of false banned" people confused and unbanned only the bad guys.

I'm really losing hope now...

10. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Yup. One of my accounts from 2006 received that message on my e-mail. I've been trying to get it unbanned since July 2006, off and on of course, mainly for sentimental value as most of the characters are levels 50-70.

I haven't logged on to check and see if it was unbanned, since I did get like 3 separate e-mails from Nexon, but I suspect not since there is no ranking listed when I log in on the website. So to everyone who's been wrongfully banned recently, believe me, I understand. It's been what, 7 years and counting?

P.S. Like everyone who was banned wrongfully for coming in contact with duped mesos, I was banned for coming in contact with duped NX cash from a friend. So, to everyone who says that Nexon pays attention to billing issues, well, that's not entirely true.

11. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Default Second Chances

It amazes me that you thought you actually had a chance.

12. Default Re: Second Chances

Why not? Lots of people have been unbanned in the past. It's a hit and miss thing depending on what GM responds to your ticket and other unknown factors. I've had friends who have been (likely wrongfully) banned for months that are still not unbanned. I also have a friend who, a few months ago, got unbanned 1 hour after sending in his ticket (~2hrs after he got banned).

13. Default Re: Second Chances

Nx fraud is like 10% chance of being unbanned, if not less.

14. Default Re: Second Chances

They let DoudySlayer come back? Really...?

15. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    finland

Btw guys, here you have it: Nexon officially admitting to false bans:

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...%23post8547105
    And the funny but not very surprising part in another post:

HMMM... I wonder what's considered a tier one ticket at Nexon America. Any guesses guys?

16. Default Re: Second Chances

If that were the case, it wouldn't be called Second Chances.

17. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

1) It's been 7 years.
    2) It involves duped NX, not simple charge and drop like every other fraud case. There is literally no excuse you could possibly have in their eyes.

18. Default Re: Second Chances

You win this round

19. Default Re: Second Chances

This.

Not a chance, nexon.