Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [Notice] Second Chances

1. Default Re: Second Chances

"We all make mistakes, well...mainly you guys."

Thanks Nexon.

I can only imagine the smega spam when this goes through.

2. Default Re: Second Chances

I've said this repeatedly and going to say it again because people with this mindset are at a terrible disadvantage and this has wider implications than a stupid game; A disclaimer of liability does not in fact magically remove liability. It's little more than a way of discouraging people from trying. All it really says is "we don't want to be liable for anything and we're going to maintain that we're not until you can prove otherwise so go away".

"We don't admit to liability" is not the same thing as actually not having any liability. Actual liability is always a matter for proper legal representation to determine and should never be taken at face value in a circumstance where it actually matters.

3. Neutron Male
    IGN: FanMasher
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 1-2
    Job: Kannaspiracy
    Guild: Contagious
    Alliance: PityDaFool

Default Re: Second Chances

I still think this is the worst mistake they could ever had thought of. I'm happy for the people that were falsely banned, but I just don't see it as a good thing.

4. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Well...here's more likely what happened. As it's pretty much been made clear over the years, permanent bans can't be issued without evidence being collected and filed. Everyone who was banned either was doing something that looked like a violation or had come into contact with someone who was.
    Ordinarily evidence is reviewed before a ban is applied, but they said "pineapple that, that takes too long and too much damage can occur in that timeframe. Ban first, review evidence later"

Honestly I'd do the same thing.

5. Default Re: Second Chances

Haha, well honestly, I'm not too surprised how many false bans there are. After all, there's a LOT to know about the game nowadays, so while the people who have been Mapling for years might be able to look at a video and make a decently accurate call at hacking vs legitimate, Nexon probably hires employees based on something other than "how much time have you wasted on Maple Story?" I mean, it's a running joke that MapleStory GM's don't even know their own game, but let's face it, if you took a fairly new player who is otherwise qualified to be a Nexon employee and tried to teach them enough to effectively GM the game, you'd be training them for two weeks or so.

6. Default Re: Second Chances

I know and I have read it before. I was making a general statement for any company (or any association). It's not good practice to be admitting faults here and there and ruin their reputation on their very face of dealings(main website), despite it being fairly obvious.

I acknowledge that in a nut shell it says you as a player don't own anything in the game and we(Nexon) are not liable for any loss, but then it says this:

"THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE COMPANY FOR ALL DAMAGES, ... SHALL BE THE LESSER OF TWENTY U.S. DOLLARS OR THE TOTAL CUMULATIVE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO OBTAIN CASH ITEMS."

Contradicting really.. which makes me think, and because I'm not knowledgeable in the US Law (or even my country's) that saying you are not liable for any loss simply isn't a reasonable thing? Ultimately, better be safe than 'sorry'.

[edit]Oh and woops... Eos already got to it.

7. Default Re: Second Chances

What I was hoping;
    Nexon begging to give us a second chance to trust them as a company and promise a bunch of changes

What I got;

8. Default Re: Second Chances

Happy that my friend finally got unbanned after being falsely banned over 2 months ago.

9. Default Re: Second Chances

Just a note to say that everyone that was eligible for an unban has been unbanned, had their ticket closed saying that a resolution should have been sent to your e-mail and received a letter in their e-mail saying that you have been unbanned. If you haven't been unbanned, you're out of luck since the executive producer said the next round of unbans won't be for another few months. Ban appeal tickets received the following message:

"Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us. This e-mail address should have received an e-mail with the resolution for the issue. If this did not resolve your issue, please feel free to create another ticket and we will address it as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience and understanding in this.

Sincerely,

Senior GM Borsham
    Nexon America Inc."

Unfortunately, some of these people who received this as a reply to their now closed ticket didn't get the e-mail saying they're unbanned, ended up still permanently banned and now have to write a brand new support ticket. What an inconvenience.

10. Default Re: Second Chances

Another likely scenario is "too many tickets let's unban everyone"

11. Default Re: Second Chances

Same here.
    I wasn't even playing maple for more then six month, got banned, and I dont even know why, they closed my ticket, sent me that e-mail and Im still banned...

12. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: XJunkun
    Server: Bera
    Level: 200
    Job: Buccaneer
    Guild: Jabaited
    Alliance: You
    California

if my friend gets unban i will cry tears of joys
    Last edited by xJunkun; 2013-10-30 at 09:18 PM.

13. Default Re: Second Chances

Remember way back when they unbanned all banned accounts randomly/accidentally in 2007 and hackers got to trade all their stuff away from their characters? This feels about the same just with official announcement.

14. Default Re: Second Chances

And here I am still IP banned...

15. Default Re: Second Chances

Wow, if I were wrongfully banned I would be livid upon reading that. Here is a group that pineapples up constantly, and not only refuses to admit fault for anything, but goes so far as to blame their few remaining players for any issues they might have.

Frankly, I'm amazed people are even coming back.

16. Default Re: Second Chances

A bunch of scammers have been unbanned in GAZED, a small number of hackers have too.

Nice job, Nexon.

17. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

@Sega; out of curiosity, why the pomegranate?

18. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

My ban tickets got autoclosed, not sure if I'm unbanned or not. We'll see after the maintenance...

I understand why some of you guys may think this is a bad idea, but as a company they didn't have much options when their broken ban system has banned thousands during the last 3-4 months. They didn't have the resources to handle all the tickets and spam at forums. Heck, their Live Support queue went all glitchy because of everyone rushing in for ban appeals. Nor could they afford losing that much players and getting even more negative attention when the playerbase has already been decreasing for other reasons. One problem I can foresee though is that they don't fix the autoban and legits keep getting banned in the future as well.

The rude part here is that they didn't admit the obvious false bans. Now they're just acting all Jesus and giving people "another chance". Cmon...

Anyway if I'm indeed unbanned, I'm going to avoid afking in henesys,fm,evo lab, dimension invasion lobby for time being until I know for sure people are no longer being banned.

19. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It's not autoban. Assuming it's still true that perma ban is only done by live GM.
    It does seem to be the result of lazy GMs doing sweeps and just banning everyone in certain maps, or everyone who "loiters" in those maps too long. They might also have converted autobans to permanent without checking the evidence. Either way it seems to be a procedural error that shouldn't repeat itself since it gave Nexon a big headache.
    Nevertheless, it's always better to be safe than sorry, and you've nothing to lose by not afk'ing in those spammer-infested maps.

20. Default Re: Second Chances

Yeah I saw fantowq spamming with smegas (the main account and not the mules)

also Shakamaru is back... spamming his nerd crap e.e

Thanks, nexon, GAZED just have become even worse than before...