1. Cash5 Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

The title is pretty self explanatory.

Well, ever since we got the v.142 Dawnveil: Demons of Tynerum update, my Maple would crash when entering Monster Life followed by "Error Code 38 : Reached the end of the file." When I try to enter Monster Life from my other characters within the same account, it would work with no problem at all...It just happens to be my main. Also, entering someone else's farm would make me crash as well. Anyone else in the same boat as me? And is there any possible fixes??

Last edited by LlamaLad; 2013-12-06 at 08:01 PM. Reason: Added Picture

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

Welcome to the club.

Several of us have had this same issue for months now. Nexon seems stumped.

3. Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

Affected here too. Only affects my main.
    And can't figure out what we have in common about it. Nexon should have access to that easier though.

4. Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

@SaptaZapta and Alloy

Are your error codes related to Monster Life or not? When googling to see if anyone was affected like me, I did notice that several people get Error Code 38 when entering the Cash Shop instead of Monster Life.

5. Orbital Bee Cannon

Exact same thing as you. It's on entering Monster Life, and only affects my main.

6. Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

I see... :(

-

Update:
    I thought that the v.142.2 Minor Patch would fix it, guess not.
    *is officially in the club*
    Last edited by LlamaLad; 2013-10-23 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Update

7. Proton Straight Female
    IGN: WildSunshine
    Server: Bellocan
    Level: 224
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: Phoenix
    Alliance: Republic
    Farm: Frecklebury
    usa

i upgraded my setup slots from [64] to [72] to accommodate drops for an event, and since upgrading, i've been getting this error. did not happen moments before the slot upgrade.

8. Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

Update: It seems that Dagon is asking for the Name, World, and Class for those who are affected here:

http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...%23post8523462

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

About time they acknowledged the issue
    Maybe I'll finally be able to add the next chapter to this: http://www.southperry.net/showthread.php?t=68530

10. Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

oh god xD

11. Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

Just an update as of post RED: No fix as of yet...

Someone posted here (PyroKing on Page 3) saying that, the issue got to the point where he can't log onto his main?????? Fake or not, this better not happen to us...
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...%23post8523462

Also, it seems that Nexon knows of the issue and is on the "List of Known Issues" here: http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/mai...?nxid=6&nxid=6

"- Multiple players are experiencing a crash with ‘Error Code: 38’ when attempting to enter Monster Life"

It's only a matter of time to when they are going to fix this problem

12. Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

I can confirm the "spread" to the main account. My brother and I both were unable to access our accounts after entering our respective PICs. He tried a login directly after midnight (PST) and for whatever reason, he was able to login but the Cash Shop is now out of reach as it incurs the same error.

I however, am still locked out of my account, I will try his method at midnight tonight to see if that does anything.

After researching a bit, it appears that this has occurred in the past. I will add the links, but once it was turned into a six page thread on Southperry with makeshift solutions, the Playpark (MSEA) forums also document "solutions" and complaints. No time to find them again right now but if I remember I will be back.

13. Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

Not actually sure what you mean, but I guess whatever you planning on doing is worth a try
    I'm also only affected in entering Monster Life opposed to logging on a char / entering Cash Shop as stated by you and some others.

The error honestly just came up to me right after I had patched v.142 Dawnveil and entered Monster Life... The day before was just a normal day in MS

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

Nexon have been aware of the problem for a long time. Before Girasol left she had the devs working with Alloy to try and fix it.
    It's been on the Known Issues list since October 25: http://www.southperry.net/showthread...=1#post1194011

And, of course, there are issues that have been on that list for as long as it's existed. Just because it's there doesn't mean anybody's working on it.

15. Default Re: Error Code 38 when entering Monster Life

Yea, I noticed the error code 38 thread by Girasol asking for the player's infos

-

Well anyways, here's my last ditch effort to get Nexon's full attention. I've stated the issue more specifically and along with those who experience the error with PIC inputting and Cash Shop. I've also realized that they had only listed Monster Life in their list of known issues...

Thread:
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/communit...-38%26nxid%3D6

I would appreciate for those who are affected, to write a post about your experience with this issue.