Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Team building thread

Ask for help and advice with building teams in pokémon.
    Ask what you lack/need or what could be improved on your team. Or if your team is having problems dealing with a certain pokémon or a certain strategy you can ask for advice for how to handle it with your team.

2. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Default Re: Team building thread

Gonna continue this discussion in this thread rather than the other one, thanks Malthe.
    Greninja technically isn't a Water type. It's either Normal, Fighting, Bug or Flying depending on which move I use. And since it is a very fast pokemon, it usually goes first. So it's very rarely Water/Dark.

I'm thinking of building a Mega Medicham, Mega Blaziken, Mega Gardevoir, Mega Mawile or Mega Aggron, but i'm not sure which one would fit my team the best.

3. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

While the team was pomegranate in general (piss poor type coverage and movesets) I used:

Talonflame @ Nothing
    Flame Body
    Moves: Acrobatics, Fly, Brave Bird, Flamethrower

Greninja @ Mystic Water
    Torrent
    Moves: Night Slash, Waterfall, Surf, Hydro Pump

Blaziken @ Blazikenite
    Speed Boost
    Moves: Cut, Rock Smash, Double Kick, Blaze Kick

Both Purugly and Grumpig fell in 1-2 hits each. Only the Talonflame was EV trained (252 speed, 126 att/sp att, give or take).

For Rotation I changed Blaziken a bit to:

Moves: Cut, Brick Break, Poison Jab, Blaze Kick

What would be a good final moveset for Blaziken for use at Battle Maison and such since I won't have to deal with its ban in meta-game? May end up breeding the Blaziken for IVs later instead of just move-tutoring and super training for proper EVs.

4. Default Re: Team building thread

A Talonflame with Flame Body? I'd instantly go for Gale Wings. Greninja would be better off using Protean but I guess it's too late for that now. Not sure about Blaziken, I'm afraid.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Uh, I feel like there should only be one moveset Blaziken should use, and it's

Swords Dance
    Life Orb / Leftovers
    Speed Boost
    Jolly / Adamant

4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

~ Swords Dance
    ~ Hi Jump Kick
    ~ Protect
    ~ Flare Blitz

Swords Dance allows you to 1hko or 2hko everything. Protect is for scouting and nabbing another Speed Boost.

Of course, I might be completely wrong for Battle Maison purposes.

6. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Keep in mind these are just things I caught and raised for the story. They're all I have at this time. I do have a Gale Wings Fletchinder I'm using for breeding purposes. I have it paired with a Fletchling for 31 IVs in att+speed. Just taking some time to get an egg with Gale Wings.

I went with Poison Jab because nothing I have counters fairies and my Talonflame winds up just being a suicide with Brave Bird. I wanted to teach Talonflame U-Turn or something, but since I use it in standard game, I needed to keep Fly on it. I also will probably hunt down a Protean Frogadier in Friend Safari soon enough.

7. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Blaziken should still be able to KO or 2HKO fairies with just a Swords Dance boost, though. The only problem I'd see is Azumarill...which with the right set, pretty much roflstomps your team, but hey, you can't plan for every occurance.

Beats me for all of this in-game stuff, though.

8. Default Re: Team building thread

working on raising a new team mostly because the team I built for the plot is all fire types xD Gotten to about 20 battles using blaziken, charizard, and Delpohox :D

Gonna EV train the lucario, ralts, Tyrunt, and chester; then add some dragons in for good measure (modest, 31 IV special attack Goomy :D), Potentially Bagon and Gibble too. Then breeding Protean froakies and then the gen 1 starters ><" so much work to be done with so little time :C

9. Lead Ball

Louisiana

Yeah, my worst bit was a Swalot wall. It had Black Sludge moves were Protect/Toxic/Earthquake/Stockpile. I only won thanks to a crit Blaze Kick. As for Azumarill I would have been rolled if not for rotation allowing a 4th which I put my Venusaur in. Mostly new to the concept of meta-game. I understand a bit as common sense, but some strategies that involve multiple Pokemon elude me still.

10. Default Re: Team building thread

Honestly a great team from what I can see. The only points I would like to make is that relying on Return as your main move can be worry-some due to the fact that it's never super effective. I understand the point though (high base power, Normal Gem to allow Acrobatic sweeping.)

As for switching out Politoed (that's what it sounds like you are leaning towards) I would recommend still using a Specially Offensive+Specially Defensive-mon. Because the rest of your team is entirely physical and both have pretty 'meh' Sp.Def naturally.

The following could be a good replacement:

Slowbro
    Ability: Regenerator
    Item: Assault Vest
    252HP/124Sp.Def/132Sp.Atk <- You can spec more in either stat if you feel it's necessary, but a balance in both would be nice.
    Modest Nature (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
    Moveset: Scald/Ice Beam/Psychic/Flamethrower

Slowbro naturally already has huge physical bulk. Assault Vest only grants it massive special bulk too, especially when you invest in the Sp.Def stats a bit. He doesn't mind Assault Vest's secondary effect (no set-up moves allowed) because he has recovery in the form of Regenerator and can burn in the form of Scald. This Slowbro is not only an attacker, but a massive tank.

As for Megas, there aren't many that fill the Specially Offensive+Defensive niche. Maybe Gardevoir?

Sadly though, I feel like Gourgeist might be a hindrance. Personally I believe there are Pokemon that can do his job much better. But that's just me looking at him on paper, I haven't tried him myself. So maybe he is good.

11. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Might as well put the team here since I have an idea what to do in the other thread. So here's my team~

Lead

Sweeper

MixAttacker

Rapid Spinner

This leaves me with two more pokemon that I have no clue what to do…..Aegislash could be a good spinblocker and a decent attacker but Gengar could be better and a more easier pokemon to bluff a mega over Blastoise. The other slot is probably going to be my wish-user so maybe an eeveelution (say Umbreon or Sylveon) maybe best. Jirachi is also another option but I don’t think it’ll be that great of a pokemon to use…. On the other slot, a ParaFlinch Togekiss could be better….even if I can fight w/ no fairy moves. The fact that Togekiss can neutralize Dragon Moves and Ground moves is great in my opinion. :b

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Yeah, I would have used a Flying gem if it was available, unfortunately not.

Slowbro sounds excellent, that's a great idea. might try that out if I can. Gardevoir also sounds like a good Mega for my team.

13. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

1) Whatever you do, don't have a suicide lead anymore. Defog screws that up in the new generation. Either have no Stealth Rock and Defog, or have a Rapid Spinner and a Stealth Rocker. Depends on how much you value Stealth Rock on the opponent.

2) I'd stick with Iron Head over Toxic on Mawile. I guess I'd put the rest of the Evs in HP if you don't want to invest in Speed? Otherwise, Speed. You could also look at the speed tiers (although this is old, 5th gen) to get an idea of what you want to outspeed. (aka dump some points in speed, some in HP).

3) Thanks to Fairy being immune to Dragon, if you Outrage on a Fairy you won't stay locked into Outrage. (However, I'm pretty sure it doesn't apply if you KO a Pokemon and they switch to a Fairy). Just a point for Outrage.

4) You're not going to bluff a Mega if you have a Mawile.

5) It would be quite helpful to have a Spinblocker if you end up going Stealth Rock.

6) I can't really judge the rest of your team, but you seem to be very Electric weak at the moment. Galvantara and Sticky Web is going to ruin your day.

14. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

So, I'm still trailing through the storyline, and my 6th slot is still open. Can't settle on a damn thing to fill that gap.. granted most of the time I never need it.

So far I'm running with Doublade (49), Gabite (47), Vespiqueen (51), Ferrothorn (47), and Delphox (52); I just got the psychic badge.
    Do I need to worry about filling any gaps with that 6th slot? As far as HM's go I usually just pull a bird out of the box, fly from A to B, then dump it right back.

15. Default Re: Team building thread

I'd get a good water typing, probably clawitzer since you could use a special attacker.

16. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

Is that available in Y? 'Cause iirc theres that f'ed up seahorse thing too that was the version-specific counterpart to it.

17. Default Re: Team building thread

Oh, no it's not. Hm, I'd focus on water, maybe azumarill? Politoad?

18. the Immutable Neuter
    ireland

Just checking my boxes, all I have for water types are Remoraid and Quagsire.

19. Default Re: Team building thread

If you don't want to go out and catch invest in remoraid and get octillery, you can use his suction cups ability to catch better water's later.

20. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Noivern (M) @ Choice Specs
    Ability: Infiltrator
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - U-turn
    - Draco Meteor
    - Flamethrower
    - Hurricane

Azumarill (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Adamant Nature
    - Aqua Jet
    - Waterfall
    - Play Rough
    - Superpower

Aegislash (M) @ Life Orb
    Ability: Stance Change
    EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 Def
    Brave Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Swords Dance
    - King's Shield
    - Shadow Sneak
    - Sacred Sword

Gengar (M) @ Gengarite
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    Timid Nature
    - Shadow Ball
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Focus Blast
    - Thunderbolt

Sylveon @ Leftovers
    Ability: Cute Charm
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 SDef / 4 Def
    Calm Nature
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Moonblast
    - Heal Bell

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
    Ability: Bulletproof
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Atk
    Impish Nature
    - Spikes
    - Toxic
    - Synthesis
    - Seed Bomb

K so rough draft of my team, really don't like not having SR but everything i could think of with rocks would give me too many weaknesses to ground or electric.
    Any criticism?