IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Team building thread

I first need to also know what your team is aiming for. Is it just a team that you want to handle any threat? Do you want to set up a Sylveon sweep? There isn't a real "objective" persay. True, Pokemon teams don't need an objective, but your seems all over the place from CM Sylveon to Stall Gliscor to a weird Stallbreaker Noivern that I'm not sure what's up.

My first impression is you might want a way to set up Stealth Rock, or a way to get rid of Stealth Rock, or both.

Ferrothorn, Shaymin, Zapdos, Celebi, Virizion, and Amoonguss seem alright (the more obvious ones are listed first. Amoonguss is...well...judging by the amount of time I took to think of him as a "counter"...)

3. Default Re: Team building thread

I think Mamoswine with thick fat can do the job better. Have more physical coverage (rock, earthquake, ice), and maybe get ice shard on that to revenge kill stuff, I don't know. It's hard to make any team perfect, but we can try to see how well they do.

4. Helium Atom Straight Male
    IGN: SeeMeTwice
    Server: Scania
    Job: Band of Thieves
    Guild: Perpetual ~ Nocti
    Farm: Wisteria ~ Mississippi
    Mississippi

Default Re: Team building thread

I always mess around on Showdown before making a team in-game. Plus, I like to take my time in-game, but this after E4 stuff (friend safari omg) is making me want to hurry up. >:
    I don't really have an objective.. I kinda just mess around and hope I win. Maybe that's why I'm no good? Derno

Aegislash

Greninja

Talonflame

Ferrothorn

Hippowdon

Gengar

explanationsss

I also really like sand veil garchomp, toxic heal breloom, blaziken, contrary serperior.. Maybe a trapping gliscor, gastrodon, shuckle? Would any of these fit in/replace anything I have now? Mega khan also looks cool, but I think Gengar is too broken to be replaced.

5. Default Re: Team building thread

Okay, I think I'm gonna go for stall until Bank comes out. Would this be any better? I'm gonna redo Sylveon for Wish

Sylveon

Gliscor

Blissey

Mamoswine

Greninja

I'd still have one spot open.

6. Default Re: Team building thread

How normal people plays pokemon: Ok i'm going to use my doublade with an eviolite to raise its DEF than gonna use recover.. bla bla bla..

How I play pokemon: EARTHQUAKE TO EVERYONE MOTHER F**KERS!!

7. Default Re: Team building thread

Just tried breeding T.Spikes and SR on to a Klefki, but neither worked.

8. Default Re: Team building thread

I don't have X/Y yet (Or even a 3DS) but I sure do love theorycrafting. Besides, it will be good if I can iron out the flaws before actually working on raising the team. So, please tell me how this Trick Room team looks:

Smeargle

Aegislash

Clawitzer

Reuniclus

Porygon 2

Mawile

Notes

I kind of just slapped this team together, so I probably overlooked a lot of flaws. I also lack knowledge of X and Y, so there might be some amazing hold items or counters to some of these pokemon I don't know about. Any input is appreciated.

9. Default Re: Team building thread

Porygon2 isn't going to wall much of anything, especially with those EVs and just its stats in general. You're probably better off picking something that can actually wall if that's what you're using Porygon2 for.

10. Default Re: Team building thread

I couldn't find many things that could use Trick Room, afford to take a hit, and have a not entirely useless offense. And if Porygon 2's defenses after Eviolite won't allow it to take a (neutral) hit, then I'm not sure what to put in its place.

11. Default Re: Team building thread

Think trick room might be higher maintenance to keep up in this generation compared to the last, but it can still surprise people. Cofragrigus and Bronzong are good users for trick room. On the flipside, if you get it work, I'd recommend putting in Tyranitar or Rhyperior part of that team.

12. Default Re: Team building thread

Slowbro and Bronzong off the top of my head. They're not going to sweep, but they're not 10 attack Shuckles either.

13. Default Re: Team building thread

Somewhat came up with a mono Steel team.

Lucario

Scizor

Aegislash

Klefki

Skarmory

I need to fill that last slot and I was thinking of using Mold Breaker Excadrill or Defiant Bisharp. Still ironing out the team, might swap out the Skarmory for something else like Forretress or Ferrothorn and make some move changes to some Pokes. I know I have a huge weakness to Fire which is why I was thinking of running Rain Dance on something like Klefki. Any advice is appreciated.

14. Default Re: Team building thread

Air Balloon Heatran? Heatproof Bronzong (everybody expects Levitate anyway)?

Mono-Steel tends to have problems since most of them are weak to the same types, with little diversity.

15. Default Re: Team building thread

So far this is the team I've created

Greninja

Aegislash

Arcanine

Gardevoir

Togekiss

Ludicolo

I don't really know what to do about Ludicolo, I might put in more Def also I don't really know what item to give him.

16. Default Re: Team building thread

I don't like using Legendary pokemon so that's a no on Heatran, unless if I can get him ingame. I would like to use Empoleon for that last slot, but I would have to wait until PokeBank opens. I guess I can give up on mono Steel for now and run a Sandstorm team by making some slight adjustments.

17. Default Re: Team building thread

Been fiddling around on Showdown lately, currently have a decent rank (high 1800s) so far.

Greninja

Hawlucha

Landorus-Therian

MegaManectric

Kyurem-B

Empoleon

Critiques, comments and suggestions are all appreciated.
    Last edited by CakesXD; 2013-10-27 at 11:27 PM. Reason: formatting

18. Default Re: Team building thread

I usually like putting 1 or 2 pokemon with a priority move or two into my team. It's for either revenge killing or to make sure I can hit or do something before a scarfed pokemon outspeeds me.

I know Greninja is good on attacking, speed, and protean, but it'd be pretty situational to outright counter it right?
    It's either hit it with something faster than it / use a priority move before it can do anything (like Breloom with Mach punch) or take a chance/predict what it'll use and switch into something that could resist its attacks and fire something back. Greninja can fool the in-game AI pretty easily, but not a human xD.

19. Default Re: Team building thread

My FS has Chansey. :D

Hmm, I never considered being serious when it came to making teams but I want to earn some BP from the Battle Maison. I'd love to have a team that revolves around Dephox. I like being annoying but I also like quick wins. (Totally not being helpful)

20. Default Re: Team building thread

What other pokemon do you like? I mean if you want really quick you might as well carry a pokemon that knows shell smash and baton pass it to delphonx and have her sweep.