Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Re: Team building thread

Maybe it's just me, but maybe you can replace hurricane with boomburst or air slash. I hate the accuracy of it, unless you have rain support. I know it's powerful, but missing can really ruin your day.
    Boomburst: 140 BP, 100 accuracy (I have no idea why they made this so powerful without any real drawbacks. To boot soundbased moves such as this ignores substitutes now too)
    Hurricane: 110 BP, 70 Accuracy
    Air Slash: 75 BP, 95 Accuracy (Being very fast, you can get lucky with the flinch hax)

Anyway, do you think hidden power is still viable even though its only 60 BP now?
    I bred a nice modest Rotom whose hidden power is ice, also 31 IVs into Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and speed, while above average (or outstanding overall as the IV judge states). It's also pretty flexible, being a good disguise for Zoroark or using it as Rotom Wash or heat. It's a pretty good synergy between volt switch and U-Turn, and able to trick something to screw over.

2. Default Re: Team building thread

Boom burst seems to be exclusive to noivern though. Nvm exploud also gets it, but whatever, exploud sucks.
    And no STAB.
    Ground-types using EQ is still more powerful with the same accuracy.

3. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default Re: Team building thread

1) Thanks! I'll probably switch it up so that I'll have both decent support and attackers on the field. Not sure about this team though. Too many supporters and a few attackers (only 2 strong attackers and 3 average attackers (defogger, wish-mon, rapid-spinner). The last one is a suicide lead. :s

2) Will do... I might put some on speed to out speed some of the base 50 pokemon. :s

Did a bit of editing (expect some of the same words are here and there in this post) so here's the team!

Lead

Sweeper

MixAttacker (same as before)

Rapid Spinner

Defog

Wish

4. Basic0 Re: Team building thread

I wouldn't run Defog along with Rapid Spin/Sticky Web. If I'm correct, Defog removes all entry hazards on both sides of the field, so Sticky Web would be removed from your opponent's side of the field. That being said, I'll move on to the rest of your team.

Galvantula

MegaMawile seems like it's fine, though I have little experience. Moving on..

Salamence

Bulky Starmie, aw yeah. Nothing wrong with that.

Crobat

Since Starmie is a little bulkier on the defensive side, and Salamence/Normal Mawile both have Intimidate, Chansey might be a nice fit to your team. Doesn't offer any resistances, but its bulk is enormous when equipped with Eviolite.

Chansey

5. Default Re: Team building thread

before i post, this is a team for in-game random wifi. i don't play via showdown or anything like that, and i'm also very used to flat singles/doubles matches.

right now i'm focusing on making a team that revolves around trapping/stalling, as they were buffed from 1/16 HP to 1/8 each turn. infestation can be learned by vileplume and shuckle which i will be incorporating along with STICKY WEB!
    at this moment the team is looking like this (on paper, lol): i also keep in mind of item clause when making a team. i don't have many synchronizers yet so natures are a little iffy.

Spoiler

that's all i got though. the question marks (?) are for something i'm not very sure of.

i've got a glaring weakness to ice it looks like, and i wanted to incorporate steelix for stealth rocks.. i also don't have a spinner lol. i'm really not used to the entry hazards thing
    all these pokemon were caught via safari.

edit: dusclops can learn infestation too oh wow what

double edit: crying i should stop theorymon-ing this is probably terrible but i've been out of the loop since gen IV

6. Default Re: Team building thread

Goodra, massive special defense with a negative speed effect if pokemon physically attack you.

252 HP
    252 Def/Sp.d, whatever you want to spec it, it's special defence is already massive. (150 iirc)

Infestation/Toxic/Dragon Pulse/xx

Infestation is like fire spin where it locks the opponent, toxic adds the residual damage, dragon pulse for stab, and rest is a good recovery move he has access too. You could also go hydration instead of the negative speed skill(think it's slime or something) where rest is more like recover.

7. Default Re: Team building thread

When we get milotic we will be able to see if goodra can learn recover. Which would propel it to be an even more amazing special wall.

8. Default Re: Team building thread

Still really mad about that. X/y can never be my favorite game, when they tease milotic and keep my favorite pokemon away from me. I mean really guys, that was a d`ick move.

9. Default Re: Team building thread

goodra was one of my considerations, and i'm actually currently trying to breed a decent one with hydration.

i've thought a little and looked through my boxes, and found i have a hariyama with thick fat that could cover my huge ice weakness

edit: japanese one with gooey on the GTS, hurray~ breeding it with my 3 perf IV ditto

10. Default Re: Team building thread

That assault vest and safety goggles are also options.
    Assault vest would go well on anything that doesn't use support moves, stuff that either lacks good support moves or doesn't need to use them..
    I think Dragalge and Tyranitar would become bigger special walls while retaining good power.
    Think T-Tar can rival Blissey with Sandstorm Sp. Def boost + Assault vest?

Safety goggles protects you weather damage and powder moves... I ran into something using that in the battle maison. Pretty much immune to spore, sleep/stun spore, etc.

Anyway, I'm reading around how useful Delphox will be competitively. It has high Sp. Att, Sp. Def, and speed. Its hidden ability is Magician which lets it steal opponents' held item when they're hit with an attack, barring it isn't holding anything. From what I read, stealing won't work with items that can be consumed on the same turn, AKA Fire/Psychic gems. It also won't be be able to one hit focus sash users. Focus sash will get used up before it gets stolen. It get gets access to switcheroo and apparently learns magic coat and wish as egg moves. There are probably more to it.
    Last edited by Kubi; 2013-10-23 at 05:52 PM.

11. Water
    IGN: DrkLilith
    Server: GAZED
    Level: 210
    Job: DarkCryokinesis
    Guild: TheAura
    Alliance: Aura
    Farm: FIareon (dead)

Default Re: Team building thread

Chansey over an eeveelution? I mean, chansey is good in terms of defense but this means I have to be a bit patient if I want to get a safari zone with a chansey (same with Galvantula) if I want to make my dream team....which isn't too too hard but I do want to face against my friends with this team. Maybe I can have an Shuckle and the eeveelution or something for the time being until I get the two.

Other than that, thanks for the help!

12. Default Re: Team building thread

Chansey was just a suggestion, since I noticed that you have Wish on your Sylveon. I think most specially-defensive Pokemon would complement your team well.

13. Default Re: Team building thread

I was thinking of creating a Fighting mono team because it's one of my favorite types, but not exactly sure what I should focus on. I know (M)Lucario and Blaziken will be on my team. Should I get a Hitmontop as a spinner, should I get some status inducers, or should I just get bulky Pokes that can take and return hits? Not really sure what I should get.

14. Default Re: Team building thread

Currently building a mono Psychic team:

Gardevoir

Medicham

Metagross

Starmie

Alakazam

Gardevoir, Metagross and M-Medicham function as the offensive core, with Gardevoir and Metagross being quite bulky, being able to stay in on Mega Gengar and KOing back (provided they're at full HP or have at least one Calm Mind set up).

Starmie is there to keep hazards away, since this team is already quite slow. It also provides some nice extra special damage. Alakazam is there to revenge kill just about anything, being able to outspeed a lot and always being able to use at least one attack. The sixth slot will probably be filled by Xatu or Espeon, which would provide Magic Bounce (mostly for Sticky Web) and support.

I'm also planning a Sun team, but I can make only one thing at a time, so that will have to wait.

15. Default Re: Team building thread

I need a Pokemon that can counter bulky Water/Ground/Rock types. Naturally I would look towards Grass types but I haven't had much luck yet. I don't like Breloom (major nerf thanks to Fairy weakness, and Spore can't touch Grass types now) and I just tried Regenerator Tangrowth but it got wrecked by anything special. Especially since most water types carry Ice Beam. My next best bet might be a bulky water of my own with a grass move. Any suggestions?

16. Default Re: Team building thread

Try a bulky'ish vanilluxe or something. It's base sp.atk is alright, as well as being to learn a new move called freeze-dry, which is super effective vs water types

17. Default Re: Team building thread

Yeah, with this generation, it's more apparent that no one pokemon can do everything on its own. All grass support moves will share the same fate on being less effective to useless on things such as the same type, sap sipper, or stuff with safety goggles.

Maybe you can try sun/chlorophyll teams. Ninetails with drought and solar beam. It can also be pretty flexible for stalling and support, even though using subtitutes is less viable now. I know hypnosis is unreliable, but still an option. Liligant (with quiver dance), victreelbel, Vileplume, or leafeon for the less defense inclined. If not, bulky waters as you suggested. But I guess the biggest problem is that they're all pretty slow, they'll need support like tailwind or something to help them pull off what they need to do.

18. Default Re: Team building thread

Decided to give up making a mono Fighting team and slightly adjust my Sandstorm team from past gens to create a mono Steel team (my sandstorm team was pretty much Steel + 2 Sand Streamers ). I'll be adding Aegislash and maybe Klefki, but I want to see if I can breed T.Spikes or SR onto Klefki.

19. Default Re: Team building thread

The current team I'm making:

Sylveon

Noivern

Greninja

Gliscor

I have two open spots, you guys got any ideas?

20. Default Re: Team building thread

You need something to cover their ice weaknesses. As fast as they are, they might get KOed by a stabbed ice shard.