4 8.16%
  • Unova

5 10.20%
  • Kalos

13 26.53%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite region

1. Default Re: Favorite region

Kalos is definitely the most diverse and colorful. Also has the best sound track, which does make a difference. Of course, it does look the best graphics wise (hope for a good looking hoenn remake). I feel like it has a great balance between the different types of areas, with a really diverse "ecosystem". Hoenn had the most surfing out of all the regions, and while I did not mind it, I know some people dislike all the surfing. Surfing and Diving were an integral part of that generation and the storyline of Hoenn, and they definitely put some effort into the water routes. Hoenn also had weather routs, with the sandstorm desert and rainy jungles. Sinnoh Of course had Mt.Stark, which split the map and covered a huge portion of the region. It could be fun to navigate, but caves really were not my favorite area. Sinnoh also added a great snowy area. One thing I loved about Sinnoh that I really wish they would bring back was the underground, I had so much fin digging and making my own base. Bases in Hoenn and Sinnoh were both fun. I can kinda see why it might be hard to bring them back (for multiplayer) since Pokemon is now global and you can connect to many more people than before (if you have internet access :F7:).

2. Default Re: Favorite region

Definately loved the Unova region. Still my favorite right now.

3. Default Re: Favorite region

Remind me, which generation had the giant haze area? Because that one instantly gets my vote for worst for requiring an otherwise completely useless move to clear (Defog)

4. Default Re: Favorite region

I'm pretty sure that was Sinnoh, a road bordering Veilstone City. Defog was introduced in generation 4 anyway, so it probably is I'm afraid.

5. Default Re: Favorite region

I just looked at a map of Sinnoh. I do not have any memory of that place.

6. Spirit of the Arrow Bi Female
    IGN: MariettaRC
    Server: Windia
    Level: 200
    Job: Bowmistress
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire
    Nebraska

Default Re: Favorite region

I haven't played past Johto so my vote is pretty biased, but I had to choose Johto, mainly because it's the only region that had a direct connection to Kanto, which allowed you to cross regions (and thus take on more gyms).

I really hope to see that in future games somehow.

(and I'm sobbing at how loved Kalos is because I NEED A 3DS )

7. Deluxe Refrigerator
    IGN: Akusaria
    Level: 15x
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: Nuclear
    Alliance: NuclearHonor
    usa

As someone who's only really played Gen I-IV so far, I'd put Hoenn's region design far above the other three gens. I remember Hoenn had a lot of neat little things hidden everywhere, like all the areas that needed specific kinds of bikes to gain access to.

The whole region being remade in Kalos-style 3D would be mindblowing, especially now with an obligatory day/night system that the originals lacked. There were some interesting things that were obviously incomplete that a potential remake could address, like the space center. I actually see Pacifidlog and Mirage Island being revamped into proper post-game areas and Latias/Latios being moved there instead of being roamers.

**** the Feebas though.

8. Default Re: Favorite region

Kalos > Johto > Kanto > Hoenn > Unova > Sinnoh

Sinnoh is last because playing Diamond completely traumatized me. Everything in that game was way to slow, the new Pokemon were all horrible in my opinion, the rival was annoying, I just didn't like the region in general. Unova I would of loved if it were not for the art style. I'm sure others will disagree but to me it felt.. very weird. Not even the Pokemon designs because now that they are designed in 3D they all look amazing. It was just the art direction that through me off a bit.

Everything Hoenn and higher is god-tier, and hard to choose from. They were all great regions really. I feel like Hoenn is definetly overhyped though.

9. フレイムチョコボ Straight Male
    IGN: FlameChocobo II
    Job: Hero
    Guild: KoopaForce
    Alliance: KoopaEmpire

For me, my pick would be the Hoenn region if I have to pick one on the poll. It's an awesome region that's fun to explore. I don't care what people say, I love the Water routes (Wingulls and Tentacools can't even compare to the Zubat family,) because you get to explore the underwater areas which brings in much more atmosphere.

10. ☮♫♥ Gay Male
    IGN: FrozNlite
    Server: Khaini
    Job: F/P ArchMage
    Guild: Brazzers
    Alliance: Heroes
    New_York

I voted Johto but it's really a vote for Kanto + Johto because I can't separate the two post GSC - which were, by the way, the best versions to date, until HG/SS breathed the beauty of updated graphics into them.

Sure, much of my vote is steeped in nostalgia, but as the only regions connected with unique storytelling effects (ie. the games being set three years after RBY and the corresponding gym leader, environment, etc. changes), the fact that you can FULLY explore Kanto again (it's not just a reference point you can glimpse at, but another full game), AND that, as far as I know, it contains the hardest designed trainer to-date in Red at Mt. Silver, who is, of course, again steeped in foundational Pokemon lore.

But if I had to choose for region design, definitely Hoenn. I haven't played past Sinnoh, though, and I feel like I'd like Kalos in reading more about it, but Hoenn did diverse environments beautifully (and for the first time really in the series), and I love me some water + underwater + island elements. An updated graphical remake of RSE with day and night features, like mentioned before, would seal the deal.

11. Default Re: Favorite region

I chose Johto just because it was just so fabulous with the three cats, ho oh, lugia.
    Unova because it was jsut so fresh and new.

12. Flatpanel TV
    IGN: HarbingerLey
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 203
    Job: Demon Slayer
    Guild: [L]ittleBusters
    Farm: Dominion
    usa

I'm going to be hipster and going to pick Orre, you've probably never heard of it(or remember it) unless you got some real dedication

13. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

I wanna say Pokemon Rangers? If so I still have yet to beat that game...my Manaphy...

14. Default Re: Favorite region

It's the area from Pokemon Colosseum/Gale of Darkness.

15. Default Re: Favorite region

Pokemon Ranger's areas are Fiore, Almia and Oblivia.

The overworld of those games were really nice, though (and the Ukelele Pichu from Guardian Signs? ugh so adorable).

16. Default Re: Favorite region

Kalos followed by Unova. I find them both to be really interesting. If Kalos removed Lumiose or redesigned it I would have no complaints.

The other region I really adore is Johto. I still long for a new game that connects two regions in lore and game play.

17. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Ah, okay. I never owned a Gamecube so those games are unknown to me aside from a rental a friend got once.

18. Default Re: Favorite region

Kalos > Hoenn > Johto/Kanto > Sinnoh > Unova

I absolutely love the variety in Kalos. Hoenn was also very nice, though the graphics haven't aged that well and the last third of the game didn't have many interesting wild Pokémon. I count Johto and Kanto as one thing after HG/SS and love the culture/lore they have there and the way the wild Pokémon are set up. Sinnoh had some nice areas but actually traveling between them wasn't that great. Unova felt really small, even in BW2, which is why it's last.

I don't think any of the regions is bad though. They all have something going for them.

19. Default Re: Favorite region

I'd say my favorite was Hoenn. I really liked the tropical idea, and I'm a fan of its music too =3

That being said, I do like the Kalos region, and I agree with others in that it has nice variety. It might just be nostalgia that's making me like Hoenn the most; it came out at the perfect time for it to be my favorite and it was a huge jump from G/S/C to R/S/E.

Also, it's not on the list, but I liked the Orre region too xP it was kind of nice going from town to town rather than having to deal with routes being in the way. I was also really excited about them expanding on the region more when they added a location for wild pokemon in XD Gale of Darkness. (I'm stillllll hoping on another Orre game where the region starts to get even more grass-filled~)