Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default % Total Damage and % ATT

The formula for Total damage and % Att s it the same? Which is the best? Just wondering.

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Total damage diminishes in it's increase. % att does not.

3. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

%TD is additive with %boss, while %att is multiplicative. To keep it simple, the range formula would be multiplier*(4*main stat+secondary stat)*att/100*%att*%TD (and %boss for damage, but it doesn't show up in range).
    This means that in general %att is better since almost all classes (including your night lord) have pure %total damage from skills (if you even get some, I've never played an NL), so %TD becomes less effective while %att doesn't really. This is even worse when bossing.

TL;DR: Go for %ATT.

4. Donator Straight Male
    IGN: ShinkuDragon HoukaPhoenix BoshokuRaven
    Server: Scania
    Level: 152
    Job: Batman
    Guild: IDissOrtis
    panama

Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

they both diminish, it's just that there's barely any source of %attk to let you notice, but some classes do have.

simplifying what encyclopedic said, they have the exact same effect if you have the same amount of %total damage and %attack, however you usually have more %total damage due to %boss and skills, so %attk is usually a bit better.

5. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

Thank you, I suck at explaining

6. Donator Straight Male
    panama

i do too, except when i have to explain what someone else is explaining hahaha.

7. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

Am I right to say that.. those % in skills and Boss % are counted as Total Damage %?

8. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

total dmg increase both boss dmg and normal dmg it pretty much a overall dmg

total dmg has 2 part in one work

let say I have 12% total and 30% boss what is my boss dmg

12% total = 12% boss dmg + 12% dmg on normal monster

30% boss dmg = 30% boss dmg

42% boss dmg and 12% dmg on normal monster is my real dmg

9. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

Think of it as placing all of your %Damage sources into one giant category. Taking the damage formula from here, you can see that %Total Damage, %Boss Damage, and %Reinforce Hyper Skill Damage are all additive, hence why the effectiveness of any additional %Damage diminishes a lot earlier than that of %Attack, and therefore it's recommended to aim for %Attack potential lines over %Total Damage, or even a small amount of %Boss Damage in some cases.

10. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

% attack can also diminishes faster base on ur class too if your class has ton of skill increase attack % or magic % such as mage class
    then total dmg would be better

11. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

That may be true for a select few classes (Battle Mage's Aura comes first to mind for a %Magic bonus), but even then, I think it's generally true for almost every class that %Attack/%Magic > %Total Damage, mainly due to innate %Total Damage skills and %Boss Damage coming in very large chunks (20%, 30%, 35%, 40%, 45%), which can easily overshadow the amount of %Attack/%Magic gained from skills.

12. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

%matk is still better than %total for battle mage.

13. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

Seriously.. a easy game with complicated system.
    What would you recommend for a Paladin and a Demon Slayer?

14. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

Not sure if Paladin and Demon Slayer have innate %Total Damage buffs from skills other than Reinforce Hypers, but even if that is not the case, it's best to choose %ATT over %Total Damage when it's possible. However, %Damage (i.e. %Boss Damage) can easily overshadow small amounts of %ATT simply because it comes in large quantities.

Of course, it also depends on what you want to do in-game, and what item (i.e. weapon/secondary/emblem) you are cubing. Emblems can't be cubed for %Boss, so you'd aim for lines of %ATT. If you're into bossing, then for weapons/secondaries, you'd want to aim for a mix of %Boss Damage and %ATT or purely %Boss Damage. If you're only going to be hunting regular mobs for the rest of your life, then %ATT and %Total Damage wouldn't be too different, but for utility, aim for strictly %ATT.

And we haven't even considered %Ignore PDR lines yet, so in short, you want to keep whatever potential that is "decent" while maintaining a proper balance in stats. For Paladin and Demon Slayer, if you're into bossing, aim for %Boss lines on regular potential and %ATT lines on bonus potential.

15. Donator Straight Male
    panama

all i remember is dark aura being a m.attk boost, do they have more %total damage now?

16. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

30% from a passive, 40% from battle rage, 20% boss from finishing blow

17. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

Demon Slayers get 25% Damage, I believe from a 3rd job passive, and 35% from Dark Meta. Not to mention 30% boss on Demon Impact and 50% boss on Cerberus. Paladin's don't currently have total damage buffs, but they will after RED. 40% from charges, 40% on Blast, I think, and 30% from Void Elemental.

18. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

For Aran, does Boss Reverse Combo's Normal Monster Damage counts as Total Damage?

Also, at what point is Total Damage is underpowered by %ATT?

19. Default Re: % Total Damage and % ATT

Talking strictly about % Total DMG lines, the moment you have more nett % DMG than % ATT, which by most cases it's almost always the case. But understand that per LINE of potential, you get more from % Boss than what a line of % ATT provides until you hit a breakpoint.

Basically, just get whatever gives you the largest fractional change.

Hadriel