1. Default Team Building (Just need insight)

So i'm not entirely new to competitive battling. I mean i've played on battle simulators here and there, but never the real deal. Besides 6th gen is such a different meta-game and I can already tell by the first week. So i'm here to present my current (desired) team that I am working on. Just want to know if you guys think it's a good team, or if there are any improvements/replacements I should make. Would really be appreciated And I know quite a few of you are knowledgeable in this field so hopefully it's okay for me to be posting this here and not some other Pokeforums.

Greninja (Life Orb) 4HP/252Speed/252Sp.Atk
    Ability: Protean
    Nature: Timid
    Moveset: Surf, Ice Beam, Dark Pulse, Extrasensory
    Spoiler

MegaAlakazam (Alakazamite) 4HP/252Speed/252Sp.Atk
    Ability: Trace
    Nature: Timid
    Moveset: Dazzling Gleam, Psychic, Energy Ball, Shadow Ball
    Spoiler

Ferrothorn (Leftovers) 252HP/252Sp.Def/4Def
    Ability: Iron Barbs
    Nature: Relaxed
    Moveset: Stealth Rock, Leech Seed (or Power Whip, undecided), Gyro Ball, Thunder Wave
    Spoiler

Donphan (Leftovers) 252HP/4Atk/252Def
    Ability: Sturdy
    Nature: Impish
    Moveset: Ice Shard, Rapid Spin, Earthquake, Roar
    Spoiler

Scizor (Choice Band) 248HP/252Atk/8Sp.Def
    Ability: Technician
    Nature: Adamant
    Moveset: U-Turn, Bullet Punch, Pursuit, Bug Bite
    Spoiler

Chandelure (Choice Specs) 4HP/252Sp.Atk/252Speed
    Ability: Flash Fire
    Nature: Modest
    Moveset: Flamethrower, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Will-O-Wisp
    Spoiler

So there ya have it. Also once it's done, I would love to try it out battling some of you guys!

2. Default Re: Team Building (Just need insight)

Just want to comment that you can't get moves like super power on scizor since it was from the move tutors in gen 5 which don't exist in gen 6.
    You need to make sure that the moves are available.

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Team Building (Just need insight)

Since I haven't actually played any Gen 6 games yet, this is all theoretical.

1) Your Donphan has practically no way to hurt spinblockers, but I guess you can use Scizor for that.

2) I don't get why you use Sticky Web. The only Pokemon it really benefits is Chandelure.

3) Shuckle is practically the biggest dead weight I've ever seen in my life.

4) Azumarill walks over, laughs at your team, and proceeds to 1hko every single Pokemon on your team except for Scizor?

4. Default Re: Team Building (Just need insight)

All very valid points, thanks. I guess your right that Sticky Web is pretty useless for this team.
    I've decided on replacing Shuckle with Ferrothorn. Still keeps Stealth Rock, but now I have an extra Azumarill counter and something that isn't as useless as Shuckle.
    Also changed Chandelure's ability to Flash Fire to help absorb those fire attacks, now that I have two pokemon that are 4x weak to fire.

Also thanks Malthe ._. I guess I should look into those things. I think i'll replace Superpower with Bug Bite.

5. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Default Re: Team Building (Just need insight)

I really like u-turn on protean Geninja so i'd replace Extrasensory with it unless its hitting something important that im not remembering atm, if so feel free to keep it.

And i dont really see the point in having bug bite on scizor when you have u-turn but yea.

Was gonna test the team on Showdown but its down atm so i'll comment again later if i do