Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

What this game needs is a way to reward social interaction.

pqs rewarded teamwork, and were the best way to level. Well, the problem is people don't see them as rewarding enough, and mostly soloable. This game needs a pq area CROWDED with people. doing pqs were the more people in the party, the better rewards. And pqs where you need TEAMWORK. Not just a beefed up person to one hit the boss.

But then again, power hunger = cash spent = Nexon happy. So anything making potential gamble out of the question will simply be ignored.

2. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

I completely agree. Most of the people I played the game with were people I met through doing PQs. They required communication, which meant actually typing things into the textbox, which often led to actual dialogue with other human beings, which led to more buddies. I'll occasionally try to find a PQ, but even on Scania it's hard to find a party for any of them.

3. Neutron
    IGN: Ironclad
    Server: Bera
    Level: 100
    Job: Chief Bandit
    Guild: StonersUnite
    Alliance: Multiple Alliances.
    usa

Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

I recently decided to download the client and log in again to see the changes that many of you claim are "making the game better" and it's the same as the old days that you like to bash on, many of the maps are not used for actual training since there's a cookie cutter selection of ideal maps to get the best exp from that it seems like 90% of the players use, they like to level up fast so they can go bossing as soon as they can, that's where the big money is after all, why waste your time looking for that rare item when you can just zoom up to level 150+ and get rare items from nearly any big boss? Not only that but many of the maps i used to frequent during pre-BB days are only 1/10th the size and spawn only 1/5th of the monsters now, that's not what i call getting better.

If they want this game to get better they can restore the large maps, remove that not at all stopping hackers and botters drop restriction system they put in, and STOP making class revamps, it's always someone crying and moaning that their class is worthless and they aren't leveling fast enough, that's what caused the to-next-level exp rates to be cut by 80% (that's a lot) and it's STILL too slow for most people on top of the many exp bonuses you can buy from cash shop or get free by leeching with a friend/guildmate/family member/hacker, as well as the monsters being so easy now and offering mountains of exp compared to earlier patches. Pre-BB luster pixies used to give 155 exp each and were ideal for level 65 players, now they offer nearly 1500 exp each and are for levels 60-70, then you move on to different monsters within a few hours, there are a dozen monsters to choose from these days AND it tells you exactly where to find them, but most players can't be bothered and go right to alien cogs or the haunted mansion for those easy to level me up monsters from 30 up to 150 because it's just the fastest exp in the game.

4. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Not sure what you're talking about, since aliens and haunted house have been pretty empty since the EXP nerf. Most people I know do MPE for part of 70-100 and then Evo/DI/KSH/HoH/Ancient Golems, but there's a LOT of variety until level 100. I personally prefer mushmoms -> CDs -> trojans -> robos/LPQ -> R+J PQ/monster park/MPE/krus, but I often hear people in guild and BL suggesting other mobs such as sand rats, drakes, and roids. There are a few popular maps such as CDs and roids, but if you ask around, the exact mobs that people train on are often different.

Actually, I really have no idea what you're talking about. Luster pixies do not give 1500 exp, they give ~100-150 (don't remember exactly).

5. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Really now?
    Wow that sure sounds like that confirms it.

Honestly if some 14-year-old kids can host their own (albeit illegal) throwback server, why can't a multinational corporation do it?

6. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Becuase 14-year-olds have absolutely zero requirement to ensure that the server is working correctly. If Nexon hosted a server, they would be obligated to keep the server up to date, secure, and functioning, which they probably don't have the time or resources to do, which means to do it they would need additional staff. Why would they hire extra staff for a project they know would lose them money?

7. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

"Hard to do." Yes, that basically confirms that it's never going to get done.
    Well, they don't want to lose money by hiring more staff to oversee the old school server.

8. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Lets add x100000 more people to that server and see what happens.

9. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Probably the same way Blizzard will never do a Vanilla / TBC server for WoW. Either it'll detract from the future content they output or they don't have the original coding anymore.

10. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

The only thing that keeps me interested in MMOs is the new content, so any time someone suggests that they'd rather play a 5 year old version of the game I have no idea what their motivation is.

11. Trump minus th money

When new content replaces old content, and that new content is worse than the old content, eventually things get so bad that some people feel it may be better to just escape by forking off from a past version that was before all these changes.

12. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

If I were in charge of a project like this for Nexon here is what I would do:

Make a Pre Big bang version of Maple that uses less computer resources to run. (to lure in more players that otherwise might not play) Cha-ching!
    For the Cash shop only have cosmetic stuff, Free market stuff and maybe 1 or 2 more items if there is enough demand. (cubes would not exist yet however)
    Possibly allow a few in game ads. (nothing animated)

Remove 4th jobs so that everyone can tell the games apart.
    Only include Victoria Island and maybe Ludibrium.
    Re work all monsters in the chosen regions to be good grinding up until level 120. (the max level for this version)

Include the original PvP
    Include a couple of Party quests. (probably decided by a vote)
    Change Npc text and maybe adjust some of the quests
    Add more Jump quests and reward according to difficulty

I think that a stripped down version of Pre-BB Maple could work well like when Nexon did that event a while back. I would just change it so that the reductions are not so extreme that there are only 1 or 2 npc's in the towns.

13. Trump minus th money

Hey guys remember those corporate sponsor NPCs?
    You know, the ones for Rite-Aid, 7-11, Target, CVS, Duane Reade...stuff like that?

Where did they go?

14. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Last I checked, amoria?

15. Trump minus th money

There's one in NLC and one in Amoria but that's all that remain. Everyone else vanished.

16. Default Re: Is it a good idea for Nexon to make a pre-BB server? Would you care?

Yeah that was the other, I was being sincere as I haven't doen anything outside of henesys for probably 8 months.