IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

Monkeys open it from the opposite side of the stem. TV cartoons depict tossed bananas as being open from the not-stem side. Need I say more?

3. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

It depends on whether or not you play mario kart, honestly.

4. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

Does it really matter? Will it affect your enjoyment of the banana? Will it affect the flavor at all? Need more information here.

5. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

6. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

Trying to answer this I got confused, the stem is the part that attaches the fruit to the cluster?

7. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

The correct side is obviously the outside... I mean, how are you going to open it from the inside?

8. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

You're supposed to PEEL bananas....? Uh oh..

9. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

The stem is a handy handle and provides leverage making it easier to open the banana. It's more effiecitent.

This analysis is in no way altered by my personal bias.

10. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

And then you rip only the stem off. I find it pretty easy just to pinch the other end to open it.

11. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

i can honestly say, from all the times i have eaten bananas from peeling them from the stem, i have never had that happen to me^

The way my friend does it, he uses his mouth to open it from the middle o.....o

12. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Finally, a Rubik's Cube question I feel smart enough to answer.

I always open it from the stem. it makes a satisfying sound when you open it.

13. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

If the banana comes in a bunch/cluster, usually I make a sideways pull so that I peel the banana while I'm taking it off the bunch. In fact I used to peel the banana fully, then eat it.

If the banana is alone, then I usually use my mouth to bite the stem all the way to the start of the banana, then bite and pull. Effective way to peel a banana.

As for how the stem provides a handle, it doesn't really work for me. Not just because it's too short usually, but also because it feels nicer/safer to hold the banana by the... banana.

Hadriel

14. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

What? This is a thing? THIS IS REALLY A THING?!

Hold the banana by the peel on the end without the stem. Use the stem as leverage by pulling in the opposite direction of the stem growth (usually they lean "forward," so to speak). The peel will break at the base of the steam, and then you can peel 3-4 sections of the peel down to the base where you are holding the banana. THEN EAT IT!

Do people really peel a banana any other way? Anything else seems inefficient and possibly messy. Excuuuuse me, but bananas are sticky and I'd rather get my potassium without having to wash my hands afterwards, thanks.

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Or, if you actually test it out, you can WTPIT'SSOINCREDIBLY EASY to peel it from the side opposite from the stem.

16. Default Re: The correct side to open a banana

It may be WTPSOINCREDIBLYEASY, and monkeys may have done it that way for... well, ever. However, is there a wrong way to peel a banana? I've never once had an issue with the stem breaking, and it's so much easier (for me) to use the stem as leverage rather than pinch the butt of the banana. I have delicate lady-fingers, man.