Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

I want to take part of the "competitive" southperry, but I never-ever fought with someone (always liked the idea of solo playing and the pokedex thing).
    I have one question and It's related about information: The information about Gen V (Black/White 1/2) are still a viable source to a rookie/newbie like me?...
    Meanwhile I will continue enjoying the game =D

2. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

I checked here for updated stats http://serebii.net/xy/updatedstats.shtml

Also if it was a new pokemon, I also checked serebii for new pokemon and their bases, since serebii is somewhat updated. For moves and stuff, I just use gen 5 to breed, since if there's a new move I don't even know if anyone can learn it. I don't think there's a list of new egg moves yet, but I could use a list of new moves in general if anyone has one.

Thinking serebii might have one, so I'll check there I guess.

3. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Showdown slowly rolling out Gen VI content...

Aegislash is so amazing

4. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Is Delphox really better off with a Modest nature over Timid nature? :\

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

I'm assuming you've looked here?
    Definitely Timid to beat the base 100s who run Timid.

6. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

@Dredragon's Mega Kangaskhan is pineappleing ridiculous. Parental Bond is totally OP and not easily checked, since it's also pineappleing bulky.

7. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Powerup Punch and Dizzy Punch in particular are scary on (M)Kangaskhan.

Debating whether it'd be worth breeding Nasty Plot via Slowking onto a Froakie (assuming this is even possible). Right now mine has Extrasensory, Ice Beam, Surf, and Dark Pulse. I don't want to lose either STAB, Ice Beam is amazing, and Extrasensory lets me hit poison and more importantly fighting types for SE. I've got a minor flinch theme going (he's holding a King's Rock) w/ Dark Pulse and Extrasensory...I also have the option of HP Grass for water types...the only difficult matchups I've encountered with him so far are, oddly enough, other Greninja (esp physical sets that run U-Turn)

Other than that, Hydration+ToxicRest Goodra works really well, though Mawile and Klefki completely wall it. Speaking of Klefki, it works as expected with Thunder Wave+Spikes + dualstabs, I tend to give mine a Cheri Berry on the off chance the enemy uses a Magic Bounce pokemon, though I'm looking into a Focus Sash to guarantee 2 layers of Spikes. Shuckle is still Shuckle, Toxic and Infestation work pretty well together. Rest and Protect go a long way. Mega Aerodactyl has absurd speed and a pretty great movepool, enough said there...

I'm having a lot of fun right now where there's not a super defined meta and there are plenty of checks to a lot of the severely overpowered/highly used pokemon. Had a good laugh when my Greninja +some freeze/flinch hax swept all 3 of a random person's pokemon ((M)Venusaur, Greninja, and Moltres)...

8. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Wait wait, Froakie doesn't learn nasty plot through level? pineapplekkk
    That kills my "Nasty plot on type I'm weak to, focus sash, then proceed to torrent +2sp.atk surf sweep" idea

Yea, teamwork with double power up punch is stronk <3

This is why I went max speed evs, Ivs and nature. Can't believe I outsped Mega Charizard and Helioisk though

EDIT: noooooooo

Really wish mine was modest now, but oh well. Might put confide, scald, mat block or something else stupid in that spot, and life orb it . Why can't there be a nature change item? ; - ;

9. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Unless he learns it as Froakie/Frogadier only and not as Greninja, nope, no Nasty Plot for him. At least it keeps that last slot open for me to have good coverage, and I can keep mine as a Flinch spammer.

10. Lead Ball

IGN: KomodoreJP
    Server: GMSKradia
    Level: 200
    Job: Kaiser
    Guild: Motown
    Alliance: Dominion
    Louisiana

Serebii has rough movelists up for TMs and Levels for all Gen 6 Pokes and some, if not all at this point Gen1-5 Pokes. Not really anything about Egg Moves yet though. I assume there's still a ton of testing to be done in that area.

Greninja

11. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Official tier list has been released. Obviously, there are some/many threats that aren't covered yet, but those should get banned soon.

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads...nlist.3491371/

12. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

not sure if this should go in playthrough, or competitive but it has great potential in this thread so hopefully i made the right choice. i was browsing /vp/ for a little bit last night and stumbled upon a topic requesting a bunch of japanese text to be translated

you can predict what IVs will be passed down in a few simple steps:

Spoiler

edit: it's posted on smogon, herp. click here. it's not quite RNG abuse, it's predicting the IV inheritance.

13. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

To further elaborate on the above, an explanation I gave to a friend lol;

Have you all heard about the new IV breeding method? If you haven't, it's extremely helpful for pokemon who have low gender ratio/requires you to evolve baby evolutions IE togepi.

Though disclaimer, much like regular breeding, you do need breedable pokemon. IE you need clefairy not cleffa, and it has to have 2-3 iv's, along with an assortment of IV ditto's from the ditto safari. I typically end up getting 3 that cover all 6 IV's.

(for those unfamiliar with regular breeding method's I'll put it in the second spoiler)

Spoiler

Spoiler

14. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but my brother believes that Grassy Terrain reduced Earthquake power by half.

15. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

How viable do you think Heliolisk is?

I was thinking of a Substitute-Thunder Heliolisk with Surf Politoed as a doubles partner. Heliolisk would heal the sub damage from the surf and rain and have 100% Thunder.

It just sounds cool in my head but I don't know if it's actually good.

16. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

It would be good if rain was still permanent, now i feel you'd much rather use Heliolisk like you would jolteon.
    Slightly slower but about as strong with better coverage. But as far as offense and defense it's nearly the same as a jolteon but with both water and ghost immunities. And a fighting weakness.

110 speed is still fast enough to reliable outspeed most things that aren't scarfed with a timid nature.

A set like this IMO:
    Spoiler

If i had to guess at how 'viable' he'll turn out to be i'd say heliolisk will probably be solid in UU, maybe seeing some niche usage in OU.