Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Mega Mawile with Huge Power begs to differ lol.

2. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

That "a lot" tho.

3. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male
    Corn's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ClawofBeta
    Server: LoL.NA
    Level: 30
    Job: Bot Lane
    Guild: N/A
    Alliance: N/A
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Grass Knot hue hue hue.

4. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

pikachu4uberz

I'm loving the fact that some Pokemon with Mega Evolutions can use their previous abilities, and then Mega Evolve.

Alakazam can take advantage of Magic Guard and ignore entry hazard damage, and then Mega Evolve. Same with Mawile, who will Intimidate, and then Mega Evolve and have Huge Power.

5. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

6. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Oh wow.. that's harsh ._.
    Although it's a double-edged sword to have Defog remove both sides hazards, so I guess i'm fine with that.

7. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

That's the sound of crobat ascending to OU-tier.

8. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

I like Crobat. I can definitely see it used more often, as well as being a favorite for most people.
    More ways of dealing entry hazards. Having infiltrator, able to use either physical or special (especially nasty plot) sets, and be a threat to new fairies. Toxic has 100% accuracy when used by a poison type too, so Crobat can poison stuff behind substitutes.
    But like any other Pokemon, it does have weaknesses and drawbacks. Heatran can still wall it, and having infiltrator prevents Crobat from breaking subs for teammates. But it's still an annoyance to deal with it.

9. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

It removes yours as well, i don't think it'll be used much tbh. Rocks are way too useful.

10. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Duddde I'll take that any way than deal with Sticky Web.

11. Donator Male
    New_York

What competitive pokemon even learn sticky web? Galvantula? thats really all i can think of and even then only sticky web would even make him very competitive

12. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Sticky Web is bonking the metagame over in the test servers ha ha. All the bulky tanky sweepers are outspeeding the fast fail sweepers which is turning everything completely bonkers. The only way to counter is to run Sticky Web yourself.

13. Donator Male
    New_York

Haven't really tried 6th gen since PS is kinda dumb with not being very updated (cant really expect it to be a week after the game came out). I'll wait till its running a bit smoother to try it out. Id really rather not be forced to run a galvantula for sticky web on teams though

14. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

Surskit can learn Sticky web and evolve into Masquerain later.
    Masquerain can be pretty threatening if you allow it to setup on you using quiver dances.
    It can also Baton pass those quiver dance boosts which makes it even more threatening.

15. aka ClawofBeta Straight Male

New_Jersey

Well, now you can run Defog whenever that gets updated :3.

16. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

SHEDINJA LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES OH THANK GOD GLORIOUS DAY I TAKE BAG EVERYTHING I SAID ABOUT SINNOH DEFOG IS THE BEST THING EVER.

I LOVE what this does for my favorite type (Bug) as far as viability. Holy crap suddenly a lot more options are useful and Aegislash's perceived use as a spin blocker just got cut down harshly. I cannot express how happy I am about this - I HATED Stealth Rock.

Also, Sticky Web (from the last I read) does not work on Flying/Levitate. So there are still plenty of frail sweepers that are viable through webs. Sticky Web is also becomes an amazing speed boost if you utilize Trick Room.

17. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Reached a streak of 20 Single Battles in Battle Maison and got shut down by the Battle Charletain. Her Purugly and Grumpig annoyed the pineapple out of me. 2 of the pokemon I hate the most (I really do) and they just happened to hit like a truck. Purugly had Shadow Ball which it wasn't even capable of learning in 5th Gen. Her Wigglytuff tanked my full power STAB return with a normal gem, and then used Focus Blast in retaliation, fainting my Greninja in one shot.

Was using:
    Greninja
    Ability: Protean
    Item: Normal Gem
    Attacks: U-Turn, Acrobatics, Return, Power-Up Punch
    Stats: 31 IV's in Attack. Attack and Speed fully EV trained.
    How it worked: First turn STAB fully powered Return with a Normal Gem, second turn takes advantage of no longer holding an item by using a STAB Acrobatics. STAB U-Turn if it's a pokemon I can't deal with. STAB Power-up punch for Rock or Steel types, or to finish off a pokemon to get a nice attack boost.

Spooks (Gourgeist)
    Ability: Pick Up (useless)
    Item: Leftovers
    Attacks: Phantom Force, Shadow Sneak, Seed Bomb, Leech Seed
    Stats: around 30 IV's in Attack. Attack and Defense fully EV trained. (Also a Super Size Gourgeist, meaning it has higher Attack, HP and Defense, but has lower speed)
    How it worked: Phantom Force is good for stalling, and hits really hard. Being unhittable for a turn while my Leftovers and Leech Seed go to work is really cool. Shadow Sneak to finish stuff off, Seed Bomb for brute force, Leech Seed for stalling, healing and taking down tanky pokemon.

Hypnotoed (Politoed)
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Item: Expert Belt (Would gladly change this out for something else, but i'm not sure what)
    Attacks: Ice Beam, Psychic, Hyper Voice, Surf
    Stats: 31 IV's in Attack and Sp. Attack, EV trained for Sp. Attack and Speed.
    How it worked: Pretty simple really. Just a bunch of high power Special attacks for some type coverage.

What do you guys think? is this a good team? I think it needs working on.

18. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

I think that maybe we should make a thread for help with team-building where people can ask for advice about that specifically.

Edit: Just made one, thought it was a good idea myself anyway: http://www.southperry.net/showthread...9801&p=1192756

19. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

You've got 2 water types, which probably hurts you overall for coverage, but Politoed is pretty awesome. I'd replace him as your special sweeper for something with entirely different weaknesses from Greninja, possibly a fire or dragon type. You're definitely lacking for ground, fighting, or fire offensive capabilities (Greninja has PuP, but low base power limits it as a sweeping option).

20. Default Re: Pokémon X and Y - Competitive Side

I'm wondering how to setup my Talonflame. I bred a lot with good IVs and a Jolly nature on them. From reading around, it's really nice with high speed and gale wings, but has quite a few things barring it down.
    Attacking stats, bulk, and move pool drags it down a bit, making it predictable. It's also pretty much a suicidal bird if it's using nothing but flare blitz and brave bird. Acrobatics with a flying gem is a good option, but it doesn't get much after using it up. Swords dance seems to be a must to make up for a low base attack. Besides attacking, it can somewhat become a staller using will-o-wisp to cripple physical attackers, toxic, priority roost, and u turn.

For the Battle Maison, it's pretty hard to cover everything with just 3-4 Pokemon. I was able to get through everything pretty quick for both single and double. I did get a few things KOed though. Stuff that I can't take out in one shot, I just put them to sleep with Breloom. You need quite a bit of coverage, support, and a lot of speed or priority. Also sort of depends on your luck and the computer's AI. Let me borrow your format ^^.

Zoroark
    Ability: Illusion
    Item: Chople Berry (weakens super effective fighting moves), lacking items I didn't know what else to put.
    Attacks: U-Turn, Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Nasty Plot
    Stats: Timid nature, 31 IV's in Sp. Atk and Speed, also has decent IVs into the other stats. Fully EV trained.
    How it worked: Sort of depends on luck and the scenario. If it's something that I think can't hurt me such as a psychic type, I setup with Nasty plot. After that, Zoroark has a pretty easy time sweeping everything else afterwards. If it's something else, I can either just attack or U-turn out. I was pretty hesitant if I should replace U-turn for grass knot or focus blast, but I have grass typing covered already and I hate the accuracy on focus blast.

Breloom
    Ability: Technician
    Item: Expert Belt
    Attacks: Mach Punch, Bullet Seed, Rock Tomb, Spore
    Stats: Adamant, 31 IVs into Attack and Speed, decent IVs on other stats
    How it worked: Breloom can pretty much KO anything that isn't resistant its attacks, even without swords dance. The only thing I had to be careful about is being outsped by flying types. Breloom can make use of Rock Tomb being boosted to 60 BP and 95 accuracy. Kill off bugs, ice, fire, and even flying types. Spore any threats or stuff that are resistant/immune to your attacks, hopefully slow enough for Breloom to pull it off.

Dragalge
    Ability: Poison point
    Item: Leftovers
    Attacks: Sludge Bomb, Surf, Thunderbolt, Dragon Pulse
    Stats: Modest, 31 IVs into Sp Atk and Sp Def. Other stats are pretty average though.
    How it worked: This is pretty much for extra coverage. Even though it's pretty slow, it can sponge a few special hits while dishing some back. It can kill fairies pretty well at the least.

I had Zoroark disguise itself as Dragalge. Surprisingly or luckily enough, the computer tries to use moves that would normally be effective against those, while neutral, resistant, or immune to Zoroark. I KOed Wigglytuff with Zoroark, and she sent in Grumpig after. That gets KOed by Dark Pulse. Purugly KOs my Zoroark. Then I sent out Breloom and one hit the Purugly with Mach Punch.