1. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

http://maplestory.nexon.co.jp/campaign/sao.asp

Just found this, a SAO crossover event for jMS, or that's what it seems like at least.

@Link Any translations or info about this?

2. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

Sigh, Chrome can't translate pictures Looks interesting, especially with the nendoroid. I wonder how long it took them to get this approved.

3. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

You can translate Uni's post about it here: http://uni-wz.com/blog-entry-2199.html

Apparently, there's a new SAO-related area being released, the Floating Castle Ironclad (I don't know if that's in the show, or whatever) on the 30th of October, but there's this web game that you can play right now to gain foreknowledge about the event, like the boss monsters or SAO characters that will appear.

4. Water Straight Male
    IGN: Pybo
    Server: Scania
    Level: 211
    Job: Shade
    Guild: Reconcile
    Alliance: Intersection
    Farm: Mordor

Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

Holy crap, the floating castle?
    For anyone who hasn't watched SAO, that castle has 99 levels of monsters and bosses that the players had to clear, in order to reach the last level that contained the final boss. In between levels, players were able to visit new towns and complete quests. SAO put a lot of emphasis on guild play, so maybe this event would actually involve playing together with guild members.

Can't wait to see more details

5. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Considering even the anime skipped literally 90% of the floors in the game I doubt we'll have that much content to see there. Still interesting.

6. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

Ew.

7. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

Does that mean I get an NPC who refers to me as papa

8. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

So did the light novels for the most part. The main goes from 1-2 to like 70s, and skips around the 50-60s. Doesnt really talk much about the other ones. Some are explored in side stories, but most are left unaccounted for. Even in ALO, they dont really talk about the lower floors, or any floor unless there is a goal or boss.

9. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

@Link; is asleep right now. And afaik he hasn't been playing JMS for a few weeks/months.

(Want me to throw some water on him? I can get Jen to do it for me!)

10. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

Can I move back to JMS now
    wannntttt

11. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

I am so pumped for this. Please let there be some nice content with this.

12. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

If I remember correctly, the writer started a new spin off light novel that's going into more detail in regards to the entire castle, starting from the beginning. Last I checked it didn't seem far in. I also believe the reason that it was never more fully explored in the first place in the light novel was because it was originally a one-shot book, written for a contest or something like that. It gained popularity later, but since the castle's story was solved in the original light novel, the writer decided to instead expand upon the characters and concept instead of the castle itself.

Curious to see what kind of area this event area will be. I might log in to check it out, first time in months, but probably will immediately leave after initial exploration because they tend to make event areas either set on a low level, or 1-160, which makes leveling my Kanna pointless.

13. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

You can win prizes that you claim in-game through coupons (i.e. codes) you enter in the cash shop, as well as a chance to win IRL prizes for each time you clear the game.

tl;dr Snakes and Ladders.

14. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

That boardgame is fun. Seems you are limited per day on how far you can get though.

15. Default Re: jMS Sword Art Online Crossover event?

Hmm...this bring up something interesting I once considered. Remember Girasol and her thread asking what crossover we'd like to see? At the time I considered that a verbal or ephemeral agreement had to exist between Maplestory and the selections. Until now, I had no other evidence other than Girasol seeming to be a person that would not dangle content haphazardly that might be based on lies. I still don't have evidence of that, but this strengthens my belief that there might be or have been something in the works with all of those properties.

On topic, Asuna turning into such an awful character pretty much ruined SAO for me. I'm only slightly interested in this content in the same way I'm only slightly interested in watching dubbed episodes only because it just happens to be on.

16. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

So I'm guessing that's a "no" on Chapter 16.5?