Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

MSEA does have that option. According to Grey's Monster Life Info Guide, special monster's life can only be extended by using gems and there is a limit of 6 extensions per monster right? I guess the 4 gems you meant is for the 6th extension right?

The bolded part is what I'm looking for but this way is kinda clogging my monster slots.

We used to have such thread in our forum but it is outdated now.

Now I need immense luck on getting a S-ranked special from current monsters in my farm.

2. Neon Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

Seems a bit different in GMS as far as I can tell when it comes to extending according to our patch notes. They don't list any amount of times the monsters can be extended. Someone else correct me if I'm wrong.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/upd...otes#monupdate

RankSpecial Monster CostNon-Special Monster Cost
    C1 Gem500 Waru
    B1 Gem5,000 Waru
    B+1 Gem30,000 Waru
    A2 Gems60,000 Waru
    A+3 Gems130,000 Waru
    S4 Gems4 Gems

3. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

I think there is mistake on Grey's part because the 1st to 6th extension is actually the monsters' ranks. Thus, is it safe to bet that if I don't want to renew my special through combination, I can still renew it by extending its life continuously right?

So if I were to compare, which one is better in terms of their cost in the long run?

4. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

I can earn about 100k Waru per gem typically (not counting ones bought in the special shop - those are also worth 100k Waru but are pretty sporadic) so if it requires an SS combination, the gem method's probably more cost effective, cause 400k only pays for 20 SS combinations.

I'd probably prioritize reviving the ones that require special box rewards, cause those are harder to find than the regular S ranked stuff.

Also if you have something that requires a Griffey, hold onto it - Griffey got screwed up when they rearranged the monster ranks.

5. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

By the way, owning multiple farms helps to rack up gems too in case you need to extend your monster life. Just save your gems in your "main" farm for something else while extending the monster life using gems you earned from the other farms.

Anyway there is someone doing the database about this on MSEA. Search for PinkMistz in PPF.

6. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

I guess I will use my gem to extend either Oberon and Shinsoo in my farm so that I can have Pipsqueak Cygnus in my farm anytime.

I'd like to know how many monsters' life you guys extend using gems because I want to know the appropriate number so that I will not bankrupt myself lol..

No, I will never ever own such ugly creature (as well as Von Bon which is the child of Griffey) in my farm.

Haha, one farm is already enough for me since I'm not short of gems yet.

7. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

14 days per extend, 1/2/3/4 gems for rank B+/A/A+/S respectively.

8. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

Anyone knows how does the monster release system work?

When you release a monster, there is a small announcement indicating where is the monster being released right?

Is it being released in your world, in the channel where you are playing ML in or randomly?

I want to know this because one of the achievements requires me to find the monster I had released. (I would like to know how does this system work actually)

9. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

It's not necessarily in your world. I've gone to check on the farms of people who've caught my monsters, and see they are from all worlds.

It follows that it's not necessarily on your channel if it is in your world. And I have no idea whether the location they say is in any way related to the location it actually goes.
    That achievement seems to be entirely luck-based and very, very rare.