Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Some Monster Life's Inquiries

Repost this thread from PlayPark Forum because the Q&A section there is rather inactive. Note that the questions have no solid answer and I would like to listen to your advice on how to manage my Monster Life properly.

Thanks in advance for anyone who contribute your suggestion. I will appreciate it.

2. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

i) Look at the stats you can get and decide which ones would help you the most. Personally I only bother with Pipsqueak Cygnus for the 3% damage buff, but some people value crit higher, for example. I also keep a high level mushroom for shop discount, high level bovine for str (change for your class), and Pharaoh Yeti for leveling the farm faster. Other stuff varies.

ii) You can't extend the life of SS monsters, which the Pipsqueaks are. I keep my expired Cygnuses around because they're cute.

i) Gems: I used them to buy monster expansion slots. After that I am not sure. I get my specials from the boxes sold in the Special Shop (or at least I used to... that shop shows up rarely now and is full of crap ) so didn't waste gems on that.

ii) Used to spend warus on Tip-Top Balloon Shop from the Special Merchant. Now that they hardly ever show up, I buy some of his other wares, but the waru are piling up. Once I reach the 10m waru achievement I'll be in real trouble. I should be using them to breed for useful Specials, but I'm too lazy.

3. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

Waru can be used to buy EoFs if you hit max waru.

4. Neon Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

i) Which 16 types of monsters (including special) would you like to own in your farm? How many special monsters would you like to have? FYI, there are 23 types of monster in Monster Life. Would you only own certain types of monster which can be combined further for special monster or own the monsters based on your likings and desires?
    Spoiler

ii) What would you do if you accidentally breed some "unnecessary" SS-ranked monster? For example, you get a Trash Can (SS-ranked Homuns) from your combination which cannot be combined again for another monster, what would you do? Keep it, discharge it instantly or after it expires?
    I would remove it only if I needed space for another monster.

iii) If you ever get a Pipsqueak monster from your assembly, would you discharge it after it expires, let it stay in your farm for decoration or extend its life as long as possible?
    Pipsqueak monsters cannot be extended. I would remove it as soon as it expires.

i) How would you spend your gems efficiently? Due to the fact that I'm doing the three-hour quests actively, I have a number of gems stuck in my Monster Life now. Personally, I would buy Ultrafine Monster Box that costs 8 gems which i believe most of you get your special monster from that box. Is that a good way to spend my gem, or I should collect until I have 64 gems for the final house?
    Extending my Specials.
    Buying more Monster Barn Slots.
    Saving for Final House.

ii) I guess I will ask for warus one later since I do not face any issue on spending my warus currently. Anyone who feels like to contribute can answer this question too.
    People buy monster life scroll service it seems.

5. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

Probably helps that I only have the 19x19 farm, but my Waru have been staying pretty constant due to buying any decorations worth >2000 decor in the special shop to boost the chances. I have 57000 decor now.

The way I see it, I have 73 buildings, most of them 450 for Santa's workshop (really 516 due to decor bonus). If I remove one and add 8000-12800 decor (depending which things) and that adds +8 Waru Storage, then that's +576 on the remaining 72 buildings and is an improvement over the extra Santa's Workshop. It so happens that ~52000 Decor is when +12800 stops giving you +8 waru storage. So I overshot by a little bit. If I had the 22x22 farm it fits ~30 more buildings, which pushes the waru limit a little.

It's not a great use of Waru but like you say there's not a lot to spend them on anyway. Once I hit 99999 decor it'll probably start heaping up the Waru again. (I have 10 of the premium Tip-Top Balloon Shops, I buy them whenever they're available...)

In answer to the actual question, I've been spending my gems on the cheaper slots cause I don't need the faster waru generation of a big farm to maintain my current set of monsters. If I was trying to keep Specials around I'd probably need more Waru. Extra slots lets me keep all the spare Amore Spores I make while trying to get the Prime Minister around.

Bovine S rank (+12 str) Slime & Snail S rank (150 mp per 10s) Toy S rank (+6% mesos) Mushroom S rank (6% shop discount) and Soldiers & Sailors A+ rank (lol looks cool - it's a Stormbreaker) is the core focus of my farm.

6. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

Woah, you guys make it sounds like I have to revamp my farm all over again. Also, because Asiasoft is failed in translation, I can't get the difference between Monster Slot Expansion and Monster Barn Expansion. If I do not get them wrong, Monster Slot Expansion is responsible to increase your monster slot in your farm by one for 8 gems and after 5 expansions, you need to use another Monster Slot Expansion ticket which costs 15 gems to increase your monster slots right? (I have seen a farm with a whooping 28 monster slots, the owner probably burns a hole in his pocket to do this).

Monster Barn Expansion is the thing that gets me confused because I'm not sure whether it increases your monster barn slot by 1 for 8 gems or instantly maximize your monster barn slot for 8 gems (that would be too good to be true) ?

Personally, I'm more into aesthetics when playing Monster Life because the monsters' potential is so miniscule I can't be bothered of (and Pipsqueak Monsters are cute!) .
    But after you guys' suggestions, I think I will be aiming for Pipsqueak Monster (which I do not have any yet) in my farm and free some slots for them. Currently, my farm is clogged up with many monsters which you guys do not mention in your post and I'm worried if I had done anything wrong. Originally, I was working my way to Pipsqueak Phantom (I started from Lovestruck Panda), but yesterday I got my Iruvata from Pristine Box which I combined with MT-09 and got my Aufheben in two tries. (I did not expect it though) and combined my Spirit of Light with Dunas and got an Oberon in just one try (I guess my luck was insane that time). Now, I'm just one step closer to Pipsqueak Cygnus and two steps closer to Pipsqueak Mercedes and I wonder if I should delete Pipsqueak Phantom from my "wishing list"..

7. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

It's so easy to get S ranks and specials that increase your stat. I got A+ in one day. Probably could have gotten S rank but I'm keeping it at A+ so I can revive it for that 5 monsters over level 20 achievement. Right now I'm getting 30 strength from my monsters. That's 6 levels worth that can repeatedly be extended for free pretty much. When I use those +40 Strength Boost potions I notice the damage increase.

I dunno... people say the potentials are useless but people still go for Zak/CZak helmets until they can wear empress or something. Monster Life is pretty much a second ZHelm with bonuses.

Edit: Also the monsters I listed outside of specials are because they give me Strength.

8. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

I switch my main every now and then (My current main is Wind Archer, not sure if I will switch again when RED and Zero come) so the bonus stat from monsters is already out of question for me.

Is it possible for one to own every Pipsqueak Monsters if the number of monsters slots is not a problem? Also, I would like to know why you did not include Pipsqueak Zakum and Horntail in your list? I can understand one for not having Pipsqueak Orchid, Mercedes and Phantom because their assembly formula requires their respective SS-ranked monster which costs a whooping 20k warus for each combination and the "success" rate is horrendously low.

I think I will need to reconsider again whether to get my Pipsqueak Mercedes or not

9. Orbital Bee Cannon

I don't think we even have Pipsqueak Mercedes and Phantom in GMS. At least, they're not in the book.

10. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

Orchid does not need an SS rank anymore, Snow Giant was changed to S during the last update.

11. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

Oh really? On the same note, their combination cost is really expensive (especially Phantom if you are unlucky and I'm one of the victims lol), below are their assembly formula if anyone is interested.

Spoiler

That's weird. Ours one haven't downgraded to S yet.
    Last edited by Pythagoras; 2013-10-15 at 08:29 AM.

12. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

I'm a Paladin.

My Blast critical hits 100% of the time so Horntail is useless for me until Red when I actually need to use Charged Blow for that specialized skill and Blast buff.
    As for Zakum.... chance to block attacks? When you take Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard, Guard, 1, Miss, Guard, Guard, etc. the chance at block is also useless.

13. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

..and they are not cute! (if you ever consider that )

Also, nobody have an idea for the question above? I'm going to spend a number of gems to buy either monster slot expansion or monster barn expansion, but I'm not sure which one is better.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

I think it's pretty obvious it's for a single slot. The microtransaction model, donchasee.

Anyway, the GMS description for the item states: "Adds 1 extra slot to your Monster Barn. You can add up to 9 aditional slots with this item." Compare to the description for regular monster slot expansion coupon: "Adds 1 extra monster slot. You can add up to 5 additional slots with this item, but will need a Fancy Monster Slot Explansion to add any more."

15. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

Thanks for clearing my doubts. Our version of monster barn expansion ticket just states "Maximum 9 slots", and that's why I'm confused.

16. Lead Ball
    IGN: Killmeplsok
    Server: Cassiopeia
    Level: 181
    Job: Captain
    Guild: LoveOfCari
    Alliance: LoveOfCari
    malaysia

Q1: If there's only 16 slots I don't really know how to fill them because I'm going to spend all my gems from quests for slot expansions, I have 20 slots at 28 already and I'm pretty close to the gems needed for final house now and I'm sure that I will have em when I reach 30 so gems would not be a big problem for me. Didn't really answer your question did I?

Q2: If I don't need the stat I probably would just discharge it the next time I need the slot while doing quests. If I can make use of it I would let it stay until expires, different story though if it prove itself cute enough to stay in my farm, permanently.

Q3: Answered above, as most petites are cute enough to stay in my farm permanently. I'm gonna stop playing it one day I so I'll gonna need them to run my farm.

Your follow up questions:
    Spend them on slots if you need them, the 28 gems house is enough for basically everything you need already else save them for a better house, a bigger place-able area definitely don't hurt. I don't think you need to spend gems on boxes, the boxes in special shops comes faster than you need, at least that's the case for me as I have a few specials which is waiting to be fused now (including those "accidentally" fused specials) and I still have 3 different boxes which I don't want to open until I'm done with the current batch of fusing. (You can only have one of each box in your inventory)

If you have extra warus I recommend you to buy decoration buildings especially the cannons and those which give you 2700 decoration points, 1x1 unit.

And yes you can have every single petites you want if you fuse it, saw Phantom and Mercedes already too.

17. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

One thing if you are going to buy Monster Slots be wary that you will lose a 1x1 spot on your farm if you ever decide to move even one object on your farm.

18. Default Re: Some Monster Life's Inquiries

If I were to buy monster slot expansions, I will have 16+5= 21 slots at lvl 30. That's already enough for me because the fancy version (aka expand tix 2) which costs 15 gems each is really too much for me. I guess I have to rack up my gems for the first five expansions at the moment.

I also have gotten my mighty manor (2nd final house) and I do not plan to get the final house because I'm pretty content with 22x22 size already lol..

You and me have the same goal! I'm planning to get all the pipsqueaks because they are too cute that one should not have missed them. But I'm curious how you guys manage your farm as these pipsqueaks require a lot of parents or even grandparents. For example, in this case, we use Pipsqueak Cygnus. Its assembly formula requires Oberon and Shinsoo. Let's say I already have an Oberon (which i have gotten from the combination of my Spirit of Light and other's Dunas) and both Oberon and Spirit of Light have already taken two monster slots in my farm, should I work on Shinsoo again which will further take another three monster slots (Phoenix + Lyka + Shinsoo) ? I have seen many farms where they own both parents together. Is it wise to do so or I should keep myself to own either one of both parents only if I want to have every single pipsqueaks?

19. Neon Atom Straight Male
    usa

Well, you could just keep Shinsoo and revive it using 4 gems while getting rid of the Lyka and Phoenix.

Unless MSEA doesn't have that option.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

You can't combine monsters on your own farm, so owning both parents won't help in that way. It does give you more chances at breeding the Special you want, since you can combine with whatever parent you find on other farms. But it's up to you whether you want to spend the monster slots to double the chance of getting Cygnus or on a chance for getting Horntail as well (just a random example).
    Do you guys have some kind of database like the one we have (that Chilly started as a thread and Stereo converted to a site)? That helps a lot with knowing where to find the monsters you need to combine with.