1. Default Writing with your left hand

I recently just picked up a new hobby (or at least I kind of treat it as a hobby) and it involves just writing with my nondominant hand (which happens to be my left hand). Usually I start out with something simple like a phrase such as "Practice makes perfect." Then later one I started just practicing my alphabet and writing numbers 1 through 10.
    I thought it would be interesting to see how long it would take for me to actually get more control out of that hand. Can anybody else here in SP write well with their weak hand? If you can remember, how long did it take you to actually start seeing some progress?
    I know this is kind of weird for wanting to do this, but I guess I'm just like that.

2. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

Title should have nondominant instead of left, us lefties do exist. On topic, I can write a decent sentence with my nondominant hand, but it takes abit longer and is not as smooth or clean. Not really effective unless you can not write with your dominant hand for whatever reason.

3. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

I can write relatively well with my weak hand but that's because I was a lefty at first and was forced to switch to being a righty because of cultural norms in the country I learned to write in.

4. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

I write like a 5 year old regardless of which hand I use :(

5. the Immutable Neuter
    IGN: Stephen
    Server: U.S.A.
    Level: 25
    Job: Sailor
    Guild: USN
    Alliance: VAQ-141 Shadowhawks
    ireland

Default Re: Writing with your left hand

After I started to learn how to do it, my left hand (non-dom) developed a style akin to graffiti.
    Not disappointed at all.

6. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

I had to (re?) learn how to write with my left hand when I broke my right wrist. (I say re? becuase my father thought I was born left handed and raised me to be right handed).

7. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

This is also a factor in why my right and left hand writing looks similar.

8. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

My mom used to be left-handed originally but was forced to change to use the right hand for everything, because, I guess, people thought not being right-handed was bad sign back then. Anyhow, nowadays she just uses her left hand to write/draw, although it doesn't look as pretty as the writing with her trained right hand.

My left-handed friends like to say that left-handed people have higher IQs.

9. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

Basically, this. I broke my right arm snowboarding and spent the next 2 months writing (among other activities) with my left hand. My left hand writing actually wasn't bad after a while! I'm sure if I kept practicing, it would be the same as my right hand writing by now, but I didn't really have a reason to put the effort in, just for the novelty of being ambidextrous.

Edit: Here's what some of my notes looked like.

10. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

http://i.imgur.com/bgUaCPd.jpg

WHY DOES MY LEFT HAND WRITE BACKWARDS

11. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

I'm left hand dominant.. it's pretty easy, yeah? (just teasing b/c of the thread title)
    Yes, I can write with my non-dominant hand (right hand), but it takes a while longer, and ironically it's neater than when I write with my left hand. ._.

When I write with my right it's likely neater because I make an effort to write neatly and carefully, whereas with my left I'm used to writing fast, and certain scribbles mean specific things to me for shorthand.

12. Idiot. Male
    IGN: Enfris
    Server: Reboot GMS
    Level: 173
    Job: Evan
    Guild: Forever alone.jpg
    Alliance: Forever alone.jpg
    California

Default Re: Writing with your left hand

Born left-handed but forced to use right hand but I still write like crap.

13. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

Excuse me, I write perfectly with my left hand.

14. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

I tried

15. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

Probably because you're making the same movements you would with your right hand.

16. Default Re: Writing with your left hand

I finally have a superpower!

doesn't understand how to into ambidextrous man