More...

2. GLADIGATORS
    IGN: Overburnd
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 210
    Job: Cannoneer
    Guild: Contagious
    usa

Can't wait to see nexAM in the red, and not because of their investments.

3. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: Nexon to Release Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results

So this is what that GM really meant when he said we should expect gMS to get "RED" before the end of the year.

4. Can you hear it?
    street's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: Street
    Server: Windia
    Level: 15x
    Job: I/l mage
    Guild: Imperial
    Alliance: Royal
    Washington

Why? So they can shut the game down faster?

5. Default Re: Nexon to Release Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Or I unno, attempt to actually fix it?

RED WEDDINGGGG

6. Acorn Overlord Male
    Spiral's Avatar [Maple News Admin]
    [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: ManaSpiral
    Server: GAZED
    Job: Fire/Poison
    New_Jersey

Wouldn't Nexon have to actually be losing money; enough of it so that it costs more to run the game than they are making? We can all agree Nexon's overall profits are declining and MapleStory's player base is also declining, but let's not jump to the conclusion that the game will be closed within the next few months. I mean, look at how long they've kept other games not showing a profit around before closing them. MapleStory has been their flagship game since the company's inception. It's a huge exaggeration to suggest that they will shut it down without doing everything possible to make a profit from it.

I'd be interested to see an estimation, a guestimate, something in the ballpark of what it costs to actually run MapleStory (even just the servers and basic upkeep, assuming they just let it hang around with minimal management and development) compared to their profits from it. I'd imagine they are still doing pretty well.

7. Default Re: Nexon to Release Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results

When Nexon has to start merging all the servers into one, that's when you should start worrying about the game shutting down. Dragon Nest is obviously on the hot seat.

8. Default Re: Nexon to Release Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results

Either that, or Maple Story is like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street. XD

9. Lead Ball Male
    IGN: Ivangoldes
    Server: Now Bera
    Level: 258
    Job: Marksman
    Guild: Olimpo/OnePoint
    Alliance: Aliança
    Farm: Ivangold/Farmnamedmg
    brazil

Yeah man, they should do aliance to the words of EMS, Msea, JMS, CMS and TMS( i think they need so fuse all the words if the peoples playing is very low), i think most of em need to ''fuse'' some words or all, because they got a really low number of people(that i know), i think what they did in GMS was a test, since GMS have a lot of words, it did good, because they needed more people, the problem is when it go to what it was(before merge the words), so then you can fuse servers, i think they can fuse servers with a time near to each other(like CMS and JMS or with TMS as well, since all of em are in asia and near).
    Notice that the KMS got some servers merged/''fused'', problably because of low people playing in thoose and they have too much so they may do it a lot.

10. Default Re: Nexon to Release Third Quarter 2013 Financial Results

I wish they did individual reports on their games.

I'd love to see how Vindictus has been doing.