Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
  1. Default Re: Why do we play Maplestory?

The answer is pretty simple.. Maplestory has no competition. So really, atleast for me, they can throw as much bullsh'it they want but there really is nowhere else for me to go. There is a severe lacking of 2d MMORPG sidescrollers, and not many games are as inviting as Maplestory. For example I took for granted Maplestory's chat. When I look at other games none of them have the same level of social interaction.

2. Default Re: Why do we play Maplestory?

Right now I've "quit" but something will probably pull me back eventually.

I don't really know why I still play. It's not really to make friends (which is why I played when I was younger). Almost every server is 'dead' and the most activity you'll typically see is shady, silent people doing their solo stuff. They don't talk.

It's... the most expensive game ever, more expensive than a game should be. I can't believe anyone could call it free at this point.

I guess I'm just attached to my characters. The art style. There's still something satisfying about seeing my little dude pull out a sniper rifle. Oh, and the nostalgia.

I can still go to Ellinia and, while it has been reduced to the size of a closet, turn on the BGM and then the memories come flooding in. Cheesy, I know.