Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hearthstone

1. Default Re: Hearthstone

I think another wave of invites went out today. I just got in the beta.

2. Default Re: Hearthstone

Sigh. Still no invite for me. pomegranate sucks. :(

I don't know what criteria they are basing their picks on, but it probably doesn't help that I haven't played any other game of theirs except for Diablo 3 and my last name starts with a W, putting me at the bottom alphabetically...

3. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Hearthstone

My last name also starts with a W, but I got in late August.

4. Default Re: Hearthstone

I really want to play it, but it's really unlikely that I'll get a beta invite. I'm really excited about this game as I really love Warcraft's lore and I really like TCG's having been a massive Yuhioh fanatic back in the day. I remember trying to play the physical version of the WoW TCG a couple of years back with my brother but, from gameplay that I have seen on Youtube it seems a lot different and much less complex.

5. Default Re: Hearthstone

Anyone want to share deck ideas? This is what I'm currently running.

It's a Druid aggro deck. Leper Gnome is a great aggressive 1-drop that usually puts 4 damage on the board and trades with a 2-drop. Knife Juggler, Power of the Wild, and Shattered Sun Cleric synergize well with the summoners and really help establish board control on turns 2-3, and if you can drop a Soul of the Forest on turn 4 with 3 minions up, you effectively nullify the Holy Novas, Consecrations, and Blizzards that usually come in the turn after.

The real finisher in the deck is Savage Roar. It's difficult to get 3+ minions on the board to stick for a turn so you can play it, but it will instantly win a lot of games when it happens, especially if you can play two of them! Fortunately, there are a lot of tools in the deck to help enable the beatdown, even if your opponent is able to remove all your early threats. Force of Nature puts down 3 Charge minions, enabling a Savage Roar play for 14-22 damage + whatever you already have on the board, for 9 mana. With Innervate, this play can happen on turn 6-7, before your opponent can put any late game legendaries on the board.

Big Taunt fatties can also be a problem for this strategy. Keeper of the Grove's silence is really handy here, and Druid of the Claw and Swipe are at the very least 4 damage that can be used to clear any blockers. Claw and the Druid hero power are also useful for taking out your opponent's threats without losing any creatures.

I've won a bunch of games with this deck, and it's very fun to drop a bunch of cards and instantly win the game while your opponent's at 20 life. It's also not that expensive to build; there's only two Epics and not that many Rares.

6. Default Re: Hearthstone

I'm currently running two very simple aggro decks.

1: Warlock/Shaman murloc deck, not going to call these different decks. For shaman it's more based around bloodlust being used for a victory where warlock gets a card advantage allowing you to throw too many cards at your enemy(Sucks vs control-focused mage decks though)
    Deck is filled with murlocs and removal + ways to buff the murlocs and any draw-power you can stuff into it.
    Murlocs are super aggressive and actually really strong and have good synergy. Especially the murloc legendary you get from having one of each murloc(2/4 with charge that gets 1 extra damage for each murloc on the field).
    I'm currently missing the hungry crab though because it's expensive to craft
    Hoping to unpack some of them soon, they're a great way to open up.

2: One-turn-kill hunter deck, this is based around that 1 mana 1/1 windfury beast and all the beasts that boost allies damage + unleash the hounds.
    You use the decent draw-power you can get from cards such as tracking and flare(Which also helps with secret-focused mage decks) and starving buzzard.
    You gather a hand of cards, for example this hand:
    1 timber wolf
    1 unleash the hounds
    1 dire wolf alpha
    2 young dragonhawks.
    Drop all of it and voila, 22 damage(didn't bother to double-check the math) for 6 mana. Having extra timberwolves or an extra unleash the hounds is obviously great.
    You fill the deck with a ton of removal and secrets to allow you keep control of the board.

The hunter deck is especially strong since it can't be stopped by control decks since you only drop the minions when you're going for the throat so stuff like flame-strike or arcane explosion can't remove it.
    Keeping a flare for the turn you're going for the throat is smart, to remove any and all secrets.

Also unrelated to decks: I've stopped caring about gold-cards, if i have 2 standard versions of a card i'll disenchant the gold-version because it gives a lot of dust to craft cards with.

7. Default Re: Hearthstone

Randomly got a beta key. Will have to give it a shot. Is it a decent game? It looks good but hard to tell from watching.

8. Default Re: Hearthstone

I'd say it's great for what it is, a CCG on the PC that you play online with others.
    It doesn't quite have the same feel as playing in person, but it to me is most definitely a ton of fun and is a well-designed game, it's not perfect obviously.

Blizzard managed to make their game unique and interesting while borrowing elements from other very succesful card games(Namely M:tG)

9. Default Re: Hearthstone

Hearing this makes me very happy. I used to play Yu-Gi-Oh up until the bike battles stuff and it was great fun. I haven't played a TCG since.

10. Default Re: Hearthstone

Was watching some streams, reading stuff about it and the game looks interesting plus they say it's probably gonna be cheap, compared to MTG/MTGo. I signed up for the beta earlier, hopefully I'll get an invite but meh, I wouldn't mind waiting for its release; which I read should be just some months away. I always liked CCGs but they are all so expensive that it turns me down, so I'm excited to see how this turns out.
    On the downside, it's made me want to play WoW again but I don't have the time :(

11. Default Re: Hearthstone

I get chills every time the Quest Completed trumpet sound plays.

12. Default Re: Hearthstone

Me and my friends like, all got keys today so everyone who applied should check their emails right away!

13. Default Re: Hearthstone

gbsjulfgsaiofgsaipufasfhasip{fa get email from Blizz, just Blizzcon invite ._.

14. Default Re: Hearthstone

Everytime I see people saying they got invites, I get all excited, rush to my email and then proceed to slouch in my chair, my frown drooping to the floor, when I see nothing... :(

15. Default Re: Hearthstone

Won a key the other day and I've been enjoying the game.
    I forgot how frustrating the RNG can be but it makes it all that much fun.

16. Default Re: Hearthstone

I just got the legendary deathwing card+2 epic in the same 5 cards pack. What are the odds? :o