Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Capitol Hill shooting

Capitol police executed a woman who attempted to flee a checkpoint, and the media celebrated it.

Woman With Baby Rams Gates Near White House; America Freaks Out

D.C. Cops Running Drill on Same Day as Capitol Shooting

2. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

Dumbassery at it's very best, folks.

3. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

#'Murrica

4. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

yeah no

she may have been mentally disturbed but she still /rammed through a pineappleing gate in a vehicle at the nation's capitol/

for all anyone knew that vehicle was loaded with explosives, the cops made the right goddamn call.

5. Nuclear testing facility Straight Male
    IGN: VerrKol
    Server: Zenith
    Level: 204
    Job: Bowmaster
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Kolville
    usa

Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

I have to agree here. Of course that doesn't excuse the media's coverage which spread tons of misinformation.

6. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

I would hardly call this an "execution" nor say that the media is "celebrating" it. The police reacted to what looked to be someone trying to forcibly gain access into a restricted/controlled area. We don't know what/if any words were exchanged between the police/the woman, we don't know if she threatened them, claimed to have a weapon, or even outright ignored them. We don't know if the police threatened her, overreacted, or panicked. The woman being unarmed doesn't excuse that she tried to force her way past several barriers or sped away from the police

The media isn't "celebrating" it, they're all rushing to get what they see as the story out first. This isn't unique to this event, it happens with every major incident. Every new detail will be blasted on every station until a new media frenzy comes up.

If you're going to post something in current events, please, for pineapple's sake, don't make the opening post so loaded and biased that it shuts out any real discussion. Words mean things, and poorly chosen words distort and twist events just as badly as what the media does.

7. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

MUH FREEDOMS
    MUH LIBERTIES

8. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

@user;

You use infowar as a source? Well there goes your f`ucking credibility LOL.

If you actually did the proper research, the car was being, by definition, used as a weapon. The cops actions are undeniably justified.

9. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

It must suck being in a country where people see it's ok to kill before knowing what's going on.

In fact, it sickens me.

10. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

When someone is using a vehicle as a weapon in the capital city, in an area that is off limits and heavily guarded, yes, you're going to shoot. That's the whole point of having an armed guard. It's a vehicle - if they had hesitated, it would be too late to act when they did know everything. Go ahead and be sickened, but I'm damned sure going to prefer an armed guard that does their job rather than simply watch the car go by and do nothing. When you're talking about potential harm to senior policy makers, high ranking military and government officials, you do not have the luxury of asking questions first.

11. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

Yet it's a country ruled by fear. I wonder why. Maybe it's the dozens of wars started by said country. But I assure you this woman crashes like that in my country, and this doesn't happen for sure. And iot doesn't have to do with having better policemen or being more intelligent. It's because we don't live with that fear here.

Blame whatever you want if that makes you sleep better at night. But the fact that this happens means something by itself.

12. Orbital Bee Cannon
    IGN: SaptaZapta
    Server: Kradia
    Level: 275
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Matriarchy
    Alliance: Peaceful

Must be great living in a country that doesn't have anything anyone would want.

13. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

I don't know where you're getting "ruled by fear" from. If anything we're ruled by arrogance lol. I live in Seoul and work both in Seoul and at the Korean DMZ. I stare in the face of what an oppressive, fear-based government looks like in North Korea every. Single. Day. America's petty political squabbles don't even rate on that scale. Then there's countries like China with extreme censorship, disappearances/imprisonments of political dissidents. Syria and the like where there's an ongoing war between oppressive, heavy-handed governments and oppressive, heavy-handed rebel groups.

Get a sense of perspective, then stop and consider what fear really is.

And the woman didn't "Crash" - she hit that barrier full speed, then took off while the police when the police swarmed her car. They didn't just open fire on her vehicle, they took the least escalatory measure available, then went farther once it became clear that she would not comply.

"Dozens" of wars? We haven't existed in the world long enough to start ONE dozen, let alone plural. Frankly, your entire post almost reads as crazy.

14. Orbital Bee Cannon

I think that by "ruled by fear" he means "has enemies", not "the people fear the government". Thus, the need for armed guards against the very real possibility that someone might want to do exactly what this woman did - but with a ton of explosives in the car. He claims his country's government does not make enemies, and therefore needs not fear being attacked in such a manner.

The implication, of course, is that making enemies - especially of the violent kind - necessarily means you're doing something wrong.

15. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

Or that all enemies/acts of violence/terrorism are from foreigners/foreign inspired. Ted Bundy being an excellent counter-example of a domestic terrorist. I'm sure there are examples in Spain as well.

16. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

In Spain, weapons aren't as easily obtainable as there are in the USA. We didn't have any child killing his partners in his school (one was close to imitating the Columbine incident from, you know, USA, though) that I know of. We have a terrorist group on the north, but they hardly act anymore. The only terrorist attack was back then when our government sent troops to afganistan, against what the people wanted, and they made it so nobody's even sure of what happened, wich brings me to the next point...

In our country there's no fear like yours, no... Our country, though, is disgusted towards our own leaders. Heavily.

But at least that doesn't make us shoot an unarmed civilian.

17. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

The vehicle was used as a weapon.

18. Orbital Bee Cannon

And none of those heavily disgusted people knows how to make some kind of home-made bomb (like the ones used in the Boston Marathon attack, perhaps)? Or can find out?

19. Default Re: Media Celebrates Public Execution of Mother

I guess it's our mentality. We don't just grab our pitchforks and attack what we don't like. People here know that if you are trying to bring the system down by force, the system will answer with force. There's a rotten idiot here and there, but those just want to see the forest burn. And attack policemen at protests so they have an excuse to attack back.

There hasn't been a single life-threatening attack or attempt towards our leaders since like... The dictatorship like 40 years ago.

20. Orbital Bee Cannon

Must be nice living in a country where everyone can be counted on to be level-headed all the time.

0:22-0:29