1. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Default Re: Gollux

Gollux doesn't fit in with the whole "myths, folk tales, and urban legends" thing.
    So any type of misguided new content that doesn't take into consideration the existing atmosphere is bad.

2. Default Re: Gollux

You're able to tell that just by looking at one image? You're amazing!

The creature in question looks ancient and mystic which fits into Masteria's theme perfectly.

3. Helium Atom Gay Male
    IGN: CoveralAran
    Server: Bera
    Level: 181
    Job: Zero
    Guild: Smite
    Alliance: LevelUP
    Farm: King's Landing
    netherlands

Wow, he looks pretty cool in my opinion. I don't think it'll be a filler for Hecaton. Kritias and Hecaton are quite important in the main storyline of the game, I don't think Nexon America would skip that.
    Somebody said that Gollux is bigger than Hecaton. Yeah, he does look bigger, but I think those coloured parts on the minimap are the parts you can fight, which are almost the same as Hecaton. Even though the legs are there, I don't think you can fight it. I'm currently pretty excited, but I'll wait for the update highlights.

4. Default Re: Gollux

I have to say that I agree with you on the design; looking at Gollux, in the very least, actually gives me a feeling of intimidation. Even if it's a reskin, at least Nexon didn't just try to flat out give us a recolored Hecaton. Not only that, but people complaining about how 'it doesn't fit in with the rest of Masteria' are really being unfair; they don't even know the back story behind this behemoth to even determine whether it indeed fits or not.

And if Gollux winds up being easier than Hecaton? All the better. Last I recalled, he remains undefeated in KMS.
    Last edited by Zerard; 2013-10-04 at 12:53 PM.

5. Trump minus th money

It's a gigantic golem.
    Why is it in the phantom forest?

Something tells me we aren't going to have a very good explanation for anything regarding this, though we easily could have.
    Golems, you know? How are golems formed? What kind of people are associated with golems? Alchemists, right? There's a sinister alchemist who appeared in Masteria a long time ago and caused the Krakians to attack. There's a perfect connection right there to tie it all in, but do you seriously think that's going to be done?

This could have been a plant or earth golem instead of a wood golem, and it could have been made as a little stepping stone into a new chapter of Masteria: Krakia.
    But Nexon just wants to keep screwing around with Phantom Forest, when it was fine as it was before they did the aliens "revamp".

It's called context, inference, and extrapolation from incomplete data. It isn't exactly rocket science, even though it's often used in rocket science.

No (typical lazy Nexon), but the answer is pretty simple

6. Default Re: Gollux

Looks like a giant ghost tree monster to me.

Plenty of ghost trees in Masteria.

7. Trump minus th money

It has a gem in its head. That implies that there's some kind of magicking going on.

8. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

ITT: People aren't allowed to have an opinion.

It would be cool to have original content for once, but I can't help but have my doubts that it's just a reskin.

9. Default Re: Gollux

Because the Phantom Forest is home to all sorts of magical ancient creatures. Just because it hasn't been hinted to before doesn't mean it doesn't fit in.

Which is a common theme in Masteria.

10. Default Re: Gollux

He is the source of all the creepy Masteria trees!!!

11. Default Re: Gollux

It looks weird/interesting O.o

I'm hoping there's more to this than just a boss battle like an extention to Crimsonwood Forest, that would be nice.

Also, I agree that people are way too quick to assume this is just a reskin or some such nonsense. It is likely that they've taken some ideas from the Hecaton battle, but I don't think it's fair to assume they're just copying it entirely. I know that they do this all of the time o.e...but assuming that's all that it's going to be is just gonna let them continue with that approach.

Anyways, here's hoping that they plan on taking a new spin on the Masteria story. At this point I think that it's pretty clear that the people who originally worked on Masteria aren't around anymore, so they might as well do this their way, honestly. Also, if they're going to pick Masteria back up, it would be nice if they went back and re-did the pre-existing quests to make them worth doing again. But I doubt that's happening now.

12. Default Re: Gollux

Personally, I can't wait. It looks very interesting at first glance, and it does look like a multi-map boss battle.

13. Default Re: Gollux

The design looks awesome, but it is way to little information to base any kind of predictions on.

I hope they will give it a good story and a decent area. I absolutely hate the "enter through mirror and fight the boss after a few menial tasks" setup. Crimsonwood Forest/Keep tier quests and story or bust. Preferably with maps as big and complex too.

14. Trump minus th money

Context, please!
    The claim was made that Gollux is a ghost tree, and the comparison was made to the phantom trees.
    That is what I was refuting.

But they don't need to do that. There's so much pre-existing resources and pre-established story scattered across time and the web. They have plenty strong of a foundation to build from. They don't need to throw it all away and take a "new spin".

How about secret/hidden stuff and confusing things?

15. Default Re: Gollux

That thing is WAY taller than Hetakon.

16. Default Re: Gollux

Looking at this screen shot of Hecaton, it does indeed look like Gollux has more parts to it than Hecaton, making it a bigger battle for sure.

I take back what I said on the front page. While it could still possibly be based on the same concept, it looks like Gollux is more complex upon closer examination.

17. Default Re: Gollux

What if he IS the phantom forest?

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

What I want to see is a Gollux vs Hecaton.

19. Trump minus th money

Then that would be contradictory to the pre-established story.

20. Default Re: Gollux

Logic is overrated anyway.