1. Default Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

herewegoagain.jpg

2. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

The day I start my ph.d

Damn it nintendo, you couldn't have made it one day earlier.

So, we had a huge nintendo internet maintenance for all wii u online services today/yesterday. The second promised big firmware update coming?

Wait
    I thought america wasn't getting that this year?

3. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

They can still talk about it.

4. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

Seems weird when the first line is "upcoming Wii U and 3DS titles that will launch later this year, "

5. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

I hope for an announcement of US releases of either: DQ7 3DS, DQX, or MH4.

Just one would make me happy...but I doubt I'll get any of them.

6. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

^MH4 is definitely coming whenever nintendo gets around to localising it for capcom.

DQ7 is probably going to happen too eventually. I mean, they're localising bravely default: flying fairy, and DQ is almost certainly going to do better than that if it gets brought out in EU/NA.

Not convinced on X though. Wasn't that an MMO?

7. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

Hunter 4 in a perfect world.

I want Terry's 3D Wonderland also goddammit. Square hasn't said a thing about localizing it and it's been over a year I think.

Edit: And yeah I wouldn't bet on ever seeing DQ 10 come to the west, ever. The fact they made it an MMO was the DUMBEST thing to ever do.

8. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

It's like our Portal 3 for us all of a sudden.

9. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

Apparently Capcom has said this about Hunter 4 being localized a few days ago:

Vague pomegranate, but it's something. Honestly I expect an announcement next year, spring.

10. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

Nintendo would have to almost fully support it. Last I heard Capcom NA was doing quite horribly (Had a net sum in the bank of like $150m, which is pretty awful for a company).

I'm not all that excited about Terry's Wonderland. They brought over all the Joker Mechanics, which I honestly found completely awful. I prefer DQM1/2's mechanics over DQMJ any day.

As for DQX, my friend linked me to a page a couple of weeks ago (no luck finding it and he's not around at the moment to ask) where they stated that they had every intention of giving it to us, but had to "adapt it more to western audiences," whatever the hell that means.

That sounds like exactly what Sven used to say about MHFU, MH3, and MHP3rd. We didn't get one of those three.
    I wouldn't even mind importing it at all, I can read enough Japanese to play MH. Problem is that my 3DS can't play it due to region lock and I'm not buying a brand new 3DS for one game.

11. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

Well, there is a wii u update live right now that is no doubt going to be mentioned in the direct.

It's pretty peaching.

Wii games on the gamepad.:D Still have to use a wiimote/etc, but that was expected.

12. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

If you're talking about the Scout system then I'd have to say I MUCH prefer scout over the "meat" system. I like knowing my chances rather than tossing expensive meat at something and still have it take the pineapple off. Scout at least has a method to it whereas meat was like a far pomegranatetier version of Pokeballs. That's the only thing I can think of that's different from the newer games as opposed to the older ones, except the monster size thing, which is also better and makes more sense gameplay-wise especially for balance and team diversity.

13. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

You know what would be cool to remake/update? Dragon Warrior Monsters. That game was pineappleing amazing. Hell I still play on it from time to time because it has a ridiculous amount of replay value + breeding mechanics for the ultimate creatures. It's like pokemon, but more vicious.

14. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

That's what Terry's 3D is, a remake of the very first Dragon Warrior Monsters. Apparently they're already working on remaking the second one as well which happens to be one of my favorite games of all time -- still even have my old copy from when I was a kid. So yeah... Japan getting all the good pomegranate.

And yeah, Dragon Quest Monster games have always been my preference over Pokemon even though I like both just because the breeding system is fun as hell, the art is done by Toriyama and it has a lot of the RPG aspects of the main DQ games which makes battles more fun.

15. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

I recently bought a 3DS XL to finally play OoT 3D and the upcoming A link between worlds. I got a little nervous when every title they mentioned came with a bundle. Thankfully, there was no bundle for Zelda. I mean, I'm a bit sad, but at least I won't feel bad. xP

16. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

Is anyone else happy about the new Kirby WIP? It doesn't look as pretty as Return to dreamland (as expected), but I love Kirby games and I know it'll have multiplayer as well :p

Last edited by Hypermug; 2013-10-01 at 05:33 PM.

17. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

You got my attention.

18. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

Hell yes.
    Classic Adventure Kirby games are awesome.

What else did they announce, if anything?

19. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

Kirby was the only new game announced, but there were release dates, new trailers, sonic in smash, pikmin 3 mission mode dlc, and an Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies demo on the 3ds eshop now

20. Default Re: Nintendo Direct 10/1/2013: 3DS + Wii U titles

That's pretty disappointing. I was expecting more.