1. Cash3 Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

For those who don't know, Demon's/Dark Souls is a Grim Fantasy Action RPG, infamous for it's difficulty.

I LOVE these games. In an era of spoonfeeding, these titles really stand out. They're a real challenge. They Teach the player Intuitively, encourage the player to Think Critically, and the Gameplay strongly reinforces it's Central Themes.
    It has a story and deep sub-plots that you have to really think about and figure out, through limited character interactions and connecting implied clues, rather than it being overtly explained to you.

Though it is graphically and in some ways overtly Dark, Dark Souls especially has some very subtle Psychologically horrific things happen in this game that are just... wow. Right in the Humanity. But are very easy to miss if you just "play the game" without thinking about it. It's Meta as pineapple.

Truly a work of art. <3

Have any of you tried it before?
    Are there any Souls vets here as excited for Dark Souls II as I am? ^-^

2. Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

I'm considering buying it on Steam when I get the chance. I secretly wanted to try these type of games out.

3. Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

I play a lot of both. More Dark than Demon. I'm looking forward to playing more games from FROMSOFTWARE. but PSVita is a nono. Maybe PSVitaTV.

4. Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

I've sunk a ton of hours into both of these and they're amazing games I absolutely loved the challenge they gave.

I wanted platinum trophies(PS3) for both games and completed it on Demon's Souls but I never got around to finishing the trophy on Dark Souls. I think I left it at NG+ before exploring Lost Izalith because I still needed the 10 medals for the sun guy's covenant.

Will definitely be getting Dark Souls II. The boss battles in these games are so fun and engaging (save for Chaos Witch that was a disaster). Props if you guys have done Ornstein+Smough on NG+ or higher because that was ridiculous.

5. Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

Dark Souls was great, made me want to rip out my eyeballs and eat them, but in a good way. The only thing I didn't like were cheap deaths like falls off cliffs that are almost unnoticeable.
    Still going to get Dark Souls 2 though, once I get my own PS3.

6. Orbital Bee Cannon Straight Male
    IGN: Musiphe
    Server: Reboot
    Level: 277
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Epic
    Alliance: Fatal
    Colorado

Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

I just wish Prepare to Die's PC controls weren't so pomegranatety. Really the only thing keeping me from buying it on Steam.
    I love hard / challenging games. I'm well accustomed to the IWBTG genre.

7. Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

I've logged around 1000 hours into this series so far, got to NG+^8 on both games (which is where the game is at it's cap difficulty, +^9 and up don't add any further challenge), so this series is really very fun for me. I was going to attempt to do a SL1 club only run to NG+^8 on DaS like some guy on youtube did, but hit a brick wall at +^1 on 4kings, I wouldn't believe it was possible if I hadn't seen him do it.

8. Donator Male
    IGN: LnFearNFaith
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 20x
    Job: Loladin/LolDrK
    Guild: Irresistible
    Farm: Amerish
    New_York

Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

I got the game over the summer during the steam summer sale and loved it, still doing my first play through of the game. The port to the PC is terrible though so i picked up an xbox 360 controller and have been fine since.

9. Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

I've gotten up to NG+++ and got all of the achievements on my Faithbuild Sunbro.

I never did get around to playing the PTD DLC though. I hear you get tons of delicious lore in it.

My 360 has since been retired, the next time I play it will probably be on Steam.

Those SL1 runthoughs are amazing. Those guys must bowl right over people in PvP.

10. Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

pvp is a bit different than the pve. pve is more challenging, pvp is more...gimmicky.

11. Default Re: Prepare to Die. Demon's Souls, and Dark Souls I/II Discussion.

That's a bit of a shame. Heavily skill based gameplay is pretty much Souls' thing, I was hoping they would be able to maintain it in balanced PvP. Though with a game with as many options as this I guess that's a pretty tall order.

I mostly just did solo and co-op, but I definitely plan to PvP more in DaS II.

We won't really have much of a choice now that we can be invaded while Hollow.