Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Help shape the future of GM Events!

Happy Monday, Southperry!

I'm recruiting any and all players that had the opportunity to participate in a GM Event last month. We would like to know what your thoughts were on these events, so we can improve these events and make them more enjoyable in the future. Please take a few moments to give us your feedback.

Thanks in advance everyone.

2. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

I think I took this survey already, but I took it again. Surely it can't hurt anything!

I enjoyed the events. All the disconnects/lag weren't fun though...

3. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

In the summoning events please try to summon fewer bosses that have damage reflect. It's very difficult to time DR when there's a crowd of people spamming skills and no timer to watch on the top of the screen. I end up losing more exp than I gain if I try to help attack and that makes the summoning events quite pointless for me.

Maybe I'm just a whiner though. I did enjoy fighting Magnus without the falling orbs, even though he has a 1hko attack.

Give out protection scrolls as rewards. pineapple the cash shop

4. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

There isn't really anywhere to say it in the survey (filled it out already), but for the monster summon events, I know myself and a lot of other players don't bother going to them any more since when you die you lose EXP or safety charms.. at level 200+ it already takes a huge amount of time to level, and getting killed by 30+ people attempting to hit Empress Cygnus on damage reflect every 30 seconds kind of kills the fun =/

I love most of the events though. It's really cool to see the Find the Jewel event being used, I've been playing since 2006 and have never seen that event used once before these recent events. I think the prizes are good too, 5 Onyx Apples for winning is awesome, but the Unleashed Coins are no longer of any use =P perhaps Gallant Emblems instead? or maybe the Red Buttons that are used to buy Inkwell's special items. Maybe 1 Onyx Apple for losing/disconnecting would be nice too.

edit: ninja'd, by like 6 minutes ;_;

5. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

Can we use them yet or is this something that's getting implemented later? o.o

Also, as far as the thread topic goes, I agree with @Mazz on the unleashed coins...why give an item if it's useless now? I think giving out Untradable Occult Cubes that can bring an item possibly up to unique would be a good reward as well, gives people a chance to cube their items plus since they can't be sold it wouldn't affect the market.

6. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

I kinda prefer the "Miwok Competitive Jumpquest" style event where you're not in a map with several hundred other people. Especially since of the events I participated in, the GM was never visible.

I mean, I like doing jump quests, but they're harder when it's laggy.

7. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

At least keep the unleashed shop in if you're going to give us coins for it...

8. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

I'm pretty sure they can't be used right now, and I think Inkwell was actually removed, I just checked 5 towns and can't find him anywhere.. so maybe not the buttons. That's a pretty decent coin shop though, and could easily be open all the time. Add Protection Scrolls and Shield Scrolls to it and it'd be great. I hope Autrax is listening...

9. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

I liked the trivia ones and actually participated in them, mainly because they didn't require of me to stop doing what I was doing and deal with the huge lag of a crowded Lith Harbor. I would say keep those up and make more of them to give more people the chance of winning something, since because they are so easy to participate in, they are also the hardest to win.

I also would suggest more "find the GM events".

And give NX / maplepoint rewards, we all love those.

10. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

I participated in some in Scania, I loved how interactive the GM's were. I asked the GM to summon a bunch of EXP farm BodyGuard A's and they summoned waaaay too many and everyone kept crashing including the GM lol.

I think the way the game interacts with mass mobs needs to be addressed before GM events continue imo, that or a special event map? The GM's never went to a main town map, always Orbis Park without Gaga, Cassandra, Maple Admin & Maple TV, I think that speaks volumes about town lag.

11. Trump minus th money
    IGN: xparasite9
    Server: Windia
    Level: 250
    Job: I/L Archmage
    Guild: Aerial
    Alliance: N/A

Is it just me or am I getting a serious case of déjŕ vu here?

12. Neon Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

I got 60 coins on my Bishop from GM Events after the shop was removed... I don't even.

13. Neon Atom Gay Male
    IGN: VVindswept
    Server: Mardia
    Level: 210
    Job: Wind Archer
    Guild: Memento
    Alliance: Christmas
    New_Jersey

@Aurtax I know this is off topic but read what @Mazz wrote and take it into consideration please? A lot of players have had these buttons in their inventory for months and there has still been no use for them. Does Nexon have any intention of reopening up Inkwell's shop so we can use these?

14. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

the hide and seek is an unfair event for those who don't have vip teleport rock.. that sucks

other events are just too laggy for me e.e

15. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

What I'd do, is design a new boss, a simple one, make it a reskin of a snail if you will, that has incredible ammounts of HP, and put it on a map. Or something like that. Make it so that no exp is lost when dying, and attacks from it deal %hp damage, like root abyss.

Something to make everyone feel useful. Maybe like a huge map with different spawns of the same thing?

I don't know, something along those lines. It's already a lagfest, but normal monster spawn doesn't last long with people with max range.

16. Neon Atom Straight Male
    IGN: Omnicolor
    Server: El Nido
    Level: 200
    Job: Rainbow Paladin
    Guild: LegacyReborn
    Farm: Erictopia
    usa

If that boss drops anything then it sucks for anyone killing it other than the guy who puts out the most damage.

17. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

Is there anything you can do to increase capacity? The few times that I tried to make my way to Lith Harber (at like... 3 in the morning), within a minute or two, the room is already full.

18. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

not if it's fixed rewards at the end, like all GM events. Or individual drops, like the ones from kms.

19. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

Something like pink zakum, hmm? At least, that's what I was thinking of.

20. Default Re: Help shape the future of GM Events!

Yeah, that's more like it. But make it something special, like only fightable from GM events. And if you manage to defeat it, your group gets... I don't know. A hat or something. Or a statless medal. Or a statless medal that goes over any medal like a cash shop item?