Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default I'm in a boyband

So, me and three of my friends decided to start a boyband. It's actually way more fun than I expected.

So, here is our (intentionally terrible) first song (I'm the guy with the red hair):

It's in Dutch, so you probably won't understand a single word. Our next song will be in English.

2. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

Veel autotune.
    Geweldige vocals.
    De dansjes zijn perfect.
    De nog betere tekst.

Ik moet heel eerlijk zeggen dat dit de beste video van 2013 is.

3. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

This is amazing and you are amazing.

4. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

The choreography though.

I feel like if you had a bigger room do dance in you could have more freedom in your moves.
    Nicely produced too, only thing I can't comment on is the song cause I don't even understand it. :P
    Voices nb nb, but I hate auto tune

5. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

We actually wanted to shoot it at a bigger place, but that wouldn't be available until next month, and we really wanted to get the song out there. The video was shot/directed/edited by my good friend Lennart (the guy with the long hair). He also made this short spaghetti western a little while ago (I'm the silhouette in the intro):
    Spoiler

He's going to Spain to show it at this spaghetti western festival sometime soon too, so awesomeness all around.

For those that don't speak Dutch, the song is basically about us seeing girls so pretty we fall love right away.

6. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

That film was pretty good

And in the end, wat a twist!

7. ᗧ · · · ᗣ · · · ᗣ ᗣ Straight Male
    IGN: Helsinki
    Server: MYBCKN
    Level: 220
    Job: Aran
    Guild: Friends
    Alliance: Unbreakable
    finland

Default Re: I'm in a boyband

Brace yourself, fangirls are coming

8. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

On of us already had an #team[name] comment on his facebook profile picture. Sadly, it wasn't me. Unless they're crazy fangirls, in which case I'll be hiding under my bed.

9. Default

How does it feel to sing professionally?

10. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

This was entertaining.

You definitely have a fan Scaeva! you are the cutest one in the group IMO, and that's all that matters in boybands.
    Now then, where do I mail my panties too?

11. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

If it makes you feel any better I found you to be pretty cute.

12. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

Strange. Our sound recording equipment is pretty bad, and we added a ton of autotune for the sake of adding autotune, so it's pretty weird to hear my own voice like this, mostly because I hardly ever sing.

We should probably get a PO box.

13. Default

There is something I would like to ask you, how are you going to sing live when you use auto tune? Is there a machine where transmit your voice into the auto tuned version instantly?

14. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

We weren't planning on performing live, so that probably won't be a problem. If we do end up doing live stuff, I don't know, we'll probably find some solution.

EDIT: Wooh, we passed 5000 views!
    Last edited by Scaeva; 2013-09-23 at 02:58 PM.

15. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

So, the youtube video is at about 24k views now. Another site, "dumpert"(which is mostly haters) also embedded it (with their own video player). We have over 30k views there and were on the front page for a bit. Some other places and people also covered us, including a writer/poet called Nico Dijkshoorn, who has over 250k followers on Twitter.

I guess you could say we've gone viral.

Which is why we're going to be on 3FM (one of the national radio stations)! This friday(well, technically saturday) night, between 01:00 to 02:30 AM we'll be on there. Apparently they also broadcast the radio show we'll be on live on TV at Nederland 3.

So, ehm, stay tuned I guess?
    Last edited by Scaeva; 2013-09-26 at 11:40 AM.

16. I post a lot Bi Male
    IGN: ZesseiBijin
    Server: Khaini
    Level: 204
    Job: Kanna
    Guild: NEST
    Farm: Razmosia
    uk

1: Make boyband
    2: make intentionally bad music video
    3: Go viral
    4: Profit!

17. Default Re: I'm in a boyband

We don't get any revenue from the dumpert views though, because they use their own video player. Still, 25k views.

18. AFK at Ch 18 Leafre Straight Male
    Nion's Avatar [Jr. Event Coordinator]

IGN: GreenTeaSip
    Server: Scania
    Job: Hero
    Guild: Symbolism
    Alliance: Lore
    Farm: Symbolism
    California

What's with the like/dislike bar?